Week 1 male weigh in results!

Wow.
starting weight 281.4, 7 days later and i'm 269 exactly.
Just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to the people on this board. There was days when I worried if it wouldn't work/was dangerous, a lot of which i think was my mind trying to convince me to eat. But posts here from slimmer su, sandra b, etc....set me straight. Even the posts from people who had broken it were brilliant, because you realise how dissappointed you'll be if you dont stick to it exactly. Am going to give this 6 weeks in total and then see where I am, but for the moment - yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!:)

Last edited:
Well done, that is excellent :)

Wow that is fantastic, I'm thrilled for you! Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to ask if you've got a query! X

Well done! what a fantastic weight loss:) hope it spurs you on for the weeks ahead, good luck x

Great weight loss enjoy the feeling, bottle it and keep for the future :D xx

I am so so pleased for you!!! That is an amazing loss in just 1 week, and very well deserved too...

Keep it up hun, you are doing great, and in 5 weeks time you should be around 2 stone lighter than when you started...WOW!!!

great loss well done, keep up the good work :)

Well done, fab loss!

Hi Guitar Hero
Well done, don't forget to take measurements, and if you can a before photo, to look back on. i took mine in the mirror, it's a wonder it didn't shatter, (not pleasant)
you're on an exciting journey now, so keep the memorabilia, that way you'll never revisit your old self
Sam:)

Great Week 1 loss buddy. Keep it up! After 1 month or so you will deffinatly start to see results.

In 6 weeks I have dropped from size 44" to 38" jeans and XXL to XL T shirts and 18" to 17" shirts! Its such a great montivation to look like a tramp with your own cloths hanging off of you like they were someone elses after such a short time!

Keep it up and during the harder times and times of temptation just think how good you will feel when your down at your goal weight.

Great Week 1 loss buddy. Keep it up! After 1 month or so you will deffinatly start to see results.

In 6 weeks I have dropped from size 44" to 38" jeans and XXL to XL T shirts and 18" to 17" shirts! Its such a great montivation to look like a tramp with your own cloths hanging off of you like they were someone elses after such a short time!

Keep it up and during the harder times and times of temptation just think how good you will feel when your down at your goal weight.

Benny - thanks a million for your post!!! comments like that really motivate to stiuck with it as i get stuck into week 2, but even more importanly - you basically weighed the same as i am starting out, which just makes it all the more real! the waist measurement is the most imprerssive thing, again, thanks for taking the time to comment, really appreciate it!!!!!:D:D:D:D

wow what a brilliant first week,,,Congrats to u

Hero

This guy was my inspiration
http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/168466-andys-lipotrim-diary.html

Think its handy to have someone who's close to your goals etc to look to. I know everyone is different but IMO its still good to have a target.

Before pics and measurements are also a handy thing to have I wish I did because without the scales and cloths I would swear that I hadn't lost any weight (maybe thats how I got so fat in the first place)

I will try to get a picture of myself in my overalls at work. I got a right telling off from a manager today for turning up to a high level meeting "looking like some sort of vagrant" I tried SOOO hard to suppress my beaming smile and apologized.

New overalls now smallest Ive had for over 4 years!

Good Luck
IT DOES GET EASIER!

Hero

This guy was my inspiration
http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/168466-andys-lipotrim-diary.html

Think its handy to have someone who's close to your goals etc to look to. I know everyone is different but IMO its still good to have a target.

Before pics and measurements are also a handy thing to have I wish I did because without the scales and cloths I would swear that I hadn't lost any weight (maybe thats how I got so fat in the first place)

I will try to get a picture of myself in my overalls at work. I got a right telling off from a manager today for turning up to a high level meeting "looking like some sort of vagrant" I tried SOOO hard to suppress my beaming smile and apologized.

New overalls now smallest Ive had for over 4 years!

Good Luck
IT DOES GET EASIER!

Benny! that guy Andy is incredible, i hadnt seen any of his posts before, thanks again!! Ive actually found it okay so far, am focused on doing it for 6 weeks to start with, but if I could see the results at that point, i reckon i could find the will to keep going and see where it takes me. Already i feel like the part of my life that was out of control, is now back in my control, and I think the longer a break I have to get my head right, and restablish a healthy relationship with food the better. Being on a "normal diet" is fine, but you will ALWAYS break it 3/4 weeks in. Even if you just have one chocolate, and then don't eat the next day :), it's still continuing that love/hate relationship with food, which with distance I'm able to see more clearly. Hope that's clear, but i reckon a lot of you know what I mean! cheers!!!!!!!!

Well done on a fab result. This help keep you motivated. It's a good idea also to not look too far ahead.
When I started I thought I would be great if I could stick it out for six weeks to kick start me. I stuck with TFR for 26 weeks. The break from eating broke all my bad habits( almost!!). Then switched to a GL plan to help readjust to eating and have a healthier approach to diet. Overall the results are so worth it.
Stick with it, you will be so pleased. Remember, men get better results so the weight will melt off you over the coming weeks. Lots of luck

Well done on a fab result. This help keep you motivated. It's a good idea also to not look too far ahead.
When I started I thought I would be great if I could stick it out for six weeks to kick start me. I stuck with TFR for 26 weeks. The break from eating broke all my bad habits( almost!!). Then switched to a GL plan to help readjust to eating and have a healthier approach to diet. Overall the results are so worth it.
Stick with it, you will be so pleased. Remember, men get better results so the weight will melt off you over the coming weeks. Lots of luck

Hiya Irish Molly, thanks a million for your kind words. really inspiring like Benny to see your stats and realise that you were once also where I was weightwise! tell me, did you just power on through and stick with it, or take small periods off the plan? I know my personality is stubborn enough to be able to stay the course long term, 100%, would just love to know what someone who's been as succesful as you has done it?? tks!

I guess everyone finds their own way. I started in sept 09 and did 16 weeks straight 100%. I took a three week break for Xmas. I did a proper refeed too. Over that three weeks I gained about 4 lbs. I got straight back on the wagon come Jan and lost 9 lbs on my first week of restart. I did not find restarting hard at all. Some people find it very hard, so be wary if you do decide on taking a break.
I carried on till week 29. My losses had started to slow at this stage with losses of about 2 lbs a week. The slowing losses combined with the fact that I felt I should find a plan I might stick with to maintain my losses led me to my switch to GL.
I found GL fab and with minimal effort continued to lose and hot to goal by the end of august. I lost another 39 lbs on GL. Please note losses on GL can be better than mine but I'm fairly inactive due to a bad back.
I have maintained my losses well since last august. I'm the same size I was throughout my twenties so I am well happy
As a man, your losses will be faster. My advice would be stick 100% as long as you can. You will have a few tough days here and there but you get through.
Think seriously about your relationship with food whilst on TFR. Plan for how you will maintain your losses or the weight will return.
I find GL fab. I see it as a lifestyle not a diet. This is a very important mindset shift you need to make in my opinion if you are to manage maintenance.
Hope all this makes a bit if sense!!

Back