week 10 and onwards

joy1

Silver Member
Well I have an eventful week with it being my daughter's birthday had booze and ate all the wrong over the weekend. Some of you will know that I have struggled with TOTM and ten weeks after LT still having problems. Anyway today I went and had the mirena coil taken out and the GP said to give it a few months and see if every thing returns to normal. Basically I have not got to flood my body with hormones, she has given me some tablets to help with the pain and bleeding so lets see. Feel better now that I have made the decision.
Not weighed myself this week, this is due to the TOTM and also has I had a bad weekend, back to being strict so lets hope when I get weighed next week everything will be ok. Will use this thread to update from now on. take care everyone xx

Jeez, I hope your totm problems get sorted soon? So many on this forum seem to have 'problems' with their periods, I wonder is it all related in some way, or just coincidence?

I know what you mean about not wanting to weigh-in. I went out last weekend and had a few light beers, and the next morning I was 5lbs up!! Now I didn't panic, because I knew it was purely the alcohol and I couldn't possibly have put on 5lbs of fat overnight, but it was weird! LOL! It took until Monday to get back to my 'normal' weight.
I have a meal out tomorrow night, and have promised to stay away from the scales for a few days afterwards, but knowing me I'll hop on as usual just out of curiousity to see how a meal (asian food) affects my weight?
Some may call me a masochist, but I find it fascinating how different foods/occasions affect my daily weight! LOL!

Fingers crossed your Totm probs are now sorted and that they ease soon. Take care

Have to say, when I had the coil fitted before I even had my first child it was AGONY when it was put in....AGONY when having sex and when I had to have it pulled out as it was coming out by itself it was flaming AGONY then!!! Safe to say, I would never recommend one as contraception....!! EEEUUWWWWW!!

Hi Joy

Sorry to hear about your TOTM....I am interested cause I just had a Mirena inserted 5 weeks ago! I was suffering heavy bleeding, clots to the point of being rushed to hosp, so they have given me this! Now, the stupid thing is, I didnt read up on it!! DONT ASK ME WHY!! So, when I did, AFTERWARDS, realised it was an artificial hormone and was gutted!!!! I never wanted anything like that.

So, I am worrying about it.....so far, all is ok, but I go to the nurse next week to see if eveything is ok! But, in my heart of hearts, I want it removing as I just dont want artificial hormones.....the negative is, I was a nervous wreck everymonth as I travel far to work and was so frightened of accidents, which have happened..double edged sword.

Why didnt it work for you? That was what I really wanted to say!!! haha...me as usual, being BRIEF (not)!!

hi scotsmist the thing is it did work for me for about 12 months, and then my periods just came back and this time, I was bleeding nearly all the time. I thought at first it was cos I was on LT but have been off LT nearly 3 months now, and its getting worse not better. GP has given me some MEFENAMIC ACID tablets to take, as these are suppose to help with painful and heavy periods. So I will give these a try. I know what you mean about artifical hormones I did not realise this either. I may try some agnus castus but will see how I get on first.

Best of luck with it Joy - I hope you're soon 'sorted' xx

hi scotsmist the thing is it did work for me for about 12 months, and then my periods just came back and this time, I was bleeding nearly all the time. I thought at first it was cos I was on LT but have been off LT nearly 3 months now, and its getting worse not better. GP has given me some MEFENAMIC ACID tablets to take, as these are suppose to help with painful and heavy periods. So I will give these a try. I know what you mean about artifical hormones I did not realise this either. I may try some agnus castus but will see how I get on first.

Hi Joy

Ah, right...makes sense now.....I have bled for 5 wks, but now stopped,,thank goodness....I used the acid tablets each month and must admit they did help....esp when I was travelling...just gave me peace of mind.

It is terrible that they dont tell you what the coil really is. Even the leaflet the consultant gave me didnt say that it was artifical hormone...

Hope all goes well for you and that you get back to normal! I tell you, what we go through as women!!!

Since I turned 40 it has got worse..before that, never a problem!!!! strange.

Since I turned 40 it has got worse..before that, never a problem!!!! strange.

It's called the peri-menopause .... sorry but this damn menopause thing goes on for years!!!!!!!!!! My 'habits' started changing around 40 and I'm still not completely out of it at 54!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that :eek: xx

Hopefully things will sort themselves out Joy now you have your coil removed. I had a coil twice years ago and never again.

Good luck hun xx

It's called the peri-menopause .... sorry but this damn menopause thing goes on for years!!!!!!!!!! My 'habits' started changing around 40 and I'm still not completely out of it at 54!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that :eek: xx

hahah - thanks Jan ;-)!!!!!!

Have you tried the implant? I have had one in for nearly 4 years, and up until starting LT, i had no period. For the first 3 months of LT, I had very irregular bleeding, but has all stopped now- thanks goodness. It was strange after 3 years having no period, then one every 2 weeks!!! I know some people have irregular bleeding on the implant, but mine has been fine.

well cannot believe it only been four days since putting on this thread. In the meantime I have had swine flu, been poorly but it was just like a bad case of flu, ended up in bed a couple of days, have to stay at home a few more days, but feeling much better. Anyway, diet obviously went out of the window, ate loads of ice cream which helped to cool me down. I have still managed to lose 1 pound though and now weigh 9:13. Going to post what I have been eating as scared that I will fall back into bad habits, so this morning I have had

Home made muesli with 1oz rolled oats, 1 small apple, 6 hazelnuts, small handful of raisins, a little skimmed milk.

For Lunch I intend to have two ryvita crispbreads with extra light cream cheese, one chopped apple.

Tea Depends what hubby wants to cook, but will probably have salmon with salad. Followed by fresh fruit.

Hi Joy

I am going to tell you off..hahahhaha...cause I know I would have been told off...you didnt eat enough for your lunch :)!!!!! 2 ryvitas with cream cheese...you will certainly get the munchies with that...:-0

Good to write down what you are having then we can all comment..hha..sorry !

Have a great week

thanks scotsmist, but I ended up having three ryvita's and an apple, and an orange with 6 almonds later on. I also had a large portion of salmon and a small portion of homemade coleslaw that hubby made, with a large salad.

This morning I have had porridge made with 30g of oats and 200ml of semi skimmed milk and water. Plus 4 prunes and a little honey.

Lunch wholemeal pitta bread with tuna, salad and coleslaw. One apple.

Tea. not sure yet but think we will have omelette with salad and strawberries and yoghurt.
Dont feel well enough to exercise yet though.

A friend of mine also had swine flu a few weeks ago and she still feels pretty weak, so it might be a few weeks before you feel fit enough to do some exercise. Just take care chick xx

thanks kered, yes I still feel a little weak and shaky, trying to be good with my diet, as we go to icemeler two weeks from tomorrow, but if I really need to eat something I will. Hubby is saying enough is enough now, and not to lose anymore, especially with me not being so well, but my appetite not brilliant at the moment any way.

Well yesterday had much of what I had predicted, but had chicken with riatia for tea, instead of omellette. However, got on scales this morning and weigh 9:12. hubby is really saying enough is enough now and that I am starting to look skinny. My target was 9:10 dont ask me why. I think it was because I knew I could fluctate between this and 10 stone. We are going on holiday two weeks from today so I really want to be careful until then, but may be under pressure from hubby. Dont get me wrong he has been really supportive, but he only really says something if he is concerned.

Today I have had porridge with a few prunes.

Lunch I PLAN TO HAVE 2 slices of wholemeal bread with tuna, and coleslaw (whats left over) and an apple.

Tea Pork chop (trimmed) with cabbage, carrots, green beans. Fruit for afterwards.

Its difficult this week as hubby went shopping ,with me not being well. He was so proud that he had not spent much money, until I asked if he remembered certian things. I ended up going on line and shopping, so waiting for the food to be delivered on thurs and using up until then. At least he tried.

Its difficult this week as hubby went shopping ,with me not being well. He was so proud that he had not spent much money, until I asked if he remembered certian things. I ended up going on line and shopping, so waiting for the food to be delivered on thurs and using up until then. At least he tried.

Aww they mean well :) duh men!!

feeling much better today. So far I have had,
Breakfast porridge made with 30g of oats, 100ml of semi-skimmed milk and 100ml of water, a few raisins.
Lunch Two boiled eggs with one ryvtia crispbread and scraping of light soft cheese.
Snack Two fruit ryvitia's with a coffee.

Tea. mince steak, dry fried with and onions and drained of surplus fat. With carrot and swede mash on top. (like cottage pie) and green beans.

May have some fruit later.

Back