Week 10 - awful week

jojo76

Long post alert....!

I'll start with the good part. I lost 4.5lb, which I am thrilled with - it takes me to 13st 12.5lb and I had really wanted to see the 13s on the scales, and also I am over halfway to goal now with 51.5lb lost. But this week has been the hardest so far.

On Monday I had to start a course of antibiotics for a small burn on my arm that got infected. The side effects of the tablets were, amongst others nausea. I've never had problems with side effects before and don't know if it is the diet but I felt awful for 3 days and even needed a day off work. I called the docs and was told to carry on with them as it is not uncommon. It's been really hard getting my 3 packs a day in but managed.

Then Friday my stomach started really hurting as I hadn't 'been' for a while. Normally dulcoease sorts this out but not this time. The pain was awful as my stomach really swelled with I suspects lots of trapped wind. In so much pain I decided to get some Dulcolax and had some at 5pm yesterday. My god those things are vicious! Yes they work - but the pain I endured through the evening was terrible.

It cleared me out (sorry!) but at one point I very nearly fainted after coming out of the bathroom and if it wasn't for my 13 year old daughter seeing what was happening I would have fallen down the stairs. She managed to get me onto my bed and luckily I didn't pass out. I'm feeling much better this morning.

This week will be interesting, I'm coming off plan next weekend for out trip to Germany for my husbands birthday. In preperation I am doing WS from today up until Friday and will then have carbs to come out of ketosis so I can have a couple of drinks. I'm excited and nervous. I'll do an early weigh in on friday as I'll be away on Sunday and will see how I am going. Not sure if I will see any loss though with adding a meal and also think the dulcoease did such a good job of clearing me out that I might have lost more than I should have this week!!

Anyway, sorry I rambled on. Hope you all have great weeks xx

I'm sorry you've had such a terrible week jojo you must of felt terrible. Well done for sticking to the diet and acheiving such a fantastic weight loss :D I wouldn't worry too much about adding a meal as there are people that still lose weight when doing this. Enjoy your weekend im sure you'll be fine :) xx

Hopefully you are on the mend now. Amazing how bad we can feel when constipated. Hope you all enjoy your celebrations, the break will do you a world of good x

Well done on you 4.5lb and getting to the half way point, hope you are feeling better and have a lovely weekend :)

Well done on the loss hun, hope you feel better soon xx

Back