week 12 dilemma

firelass

So far the diet has gone from fantastic to hell. At first I was getting used to it, and thanks to the people hear, knew what to expect and was doing well.

Now, at this point I have to do at least a week of step two. However, I feel I might have already done it or worse.. infact way worse. So maybe I could skip the week of step two.

My issue is, I'm sick of the diet. I'm sick of having the same things for tea every night, I'm sick of not being able to join in with other people. Getting to the point where I'm just skiping my one meal because its pointless, I don't like it or want it and its so little I don't feel like I have eaten anything anyway.

I look in the fridge at the eggs, tuna, chicken and veg then just close it again.
So august in edinburgh is the festival, its is a wonderful and awfull time to live hear. For example, you can't get from A to B because of the people and traffic, it is a nightmare. But there are really good street shows and music everywhere you do go. There are lots of diffrent FOODS to try :( :( :( as well as people who have come from all over the world to show us their tallent.

I have this last week, tasted some of the wonderfull food on offer. I won't go in to details, I don't want you guys to be as sad as me.
I have put on 4lb because of it.

So, what I should do is come clean at weigh in tomorrow, and start over. Or do I pretend it is all fine and go on to step two.
I will add in, that I don't want to go to step two. I don't want a larger amount of chicken, because that size is fine. The weight of quarn mince is way too much. what I want is to be able to have a wee bit of gravy, or a slice of freshly cooked bread with butter.

I want to go on to step three for a week insted if I have to move at all. I had only a stone left to go, but gradualy I'm back up to the half way point.

So I have come so far. Half way. In a good month or two I could be there. I could be at my goal. But by then the festival will be over.
I know there is next year, and the year after, I know christmas is coming faster than we would like. But I'm stuck on the restrictedness of the diet.

I long for a bowl of cornfakes. I will keep it small and only use a wee bit skimed milk.. I long just to taste a wee bit of sause, just a touch of chipotle ketchup :( or a small grating of cheese on anything. Melted :(

Help!! I need to get out of this head space and back into the positive one. Back into knowing I can do it, and then do it. I need to stop fooling about and get on with it. And advice welcome.

Oh lovely, it's so hard isn't it? This plan messes with your head so much. If I were you, I would let you CDC know and hopefully come up with a plan to move forward, in whichever way that is. It may be that you go up to the 1000 or 1200 cal step for a little while? Whatever happens, even if you go up to the final step, you need to make that decision and remain in control. You can do this, this is YOUR journey xxx

I moved up to step 3 for the last 10 days as it was my birthday and several other social things, so I wanted to let my hair down for a week and just be normal (well, 1000 calories felt normal after weeks of SS+!)

I'm back on SS+ now (first week back on it) and I must admit it was a struggle to get back into it but today I'm feeling great and really determined to do it.

Maybe an "authorised" higher calorie week will do you good and kick start your losses and motivation again? Xx

I'm only on day 5 and so motivated so I can only sympathise with your feelings. As you say there is next yrs festival and look how far you've come. You have done brilliant to be at week 12 - last night watching my husband eating take out Indian I could have cried and killed him!! I know it's only a short time in my life to get to where I WANT to be. Look at the reasons you did this and look at the goal that's a stones throw away. Best of luck to you - today say 'I can do one more day' then say the same tomorrow...

I would go to your appt, absolutely tell your consultant how you feel about it and talk over what will be best together. If you've already had a week of food then the regain issue will already have been tackled and you could 'safely' move to step 3. As you only have a stone to go, I would say it's as well to lose it more slowly whilst moving up through the steps so that, by the time you get to goal you will be on 1500 cals a day and the maintenance programme will be a natural final phase for you.
HTH a little bit!

Back