Week 12 - The post holiday weigh in!

jojo76

I can't quite believe it but after 4 planned days off when I went away last week I lost 3.5lb!

I had a great time, but eating and drinking alcohol was weird. Before we went I ate plenty of carbs to get myself out of ketosis so I could drink beer. I always planned to have a break as it was my birthday present to my husband and I took him to Germany for 4 days.

Firstly, beer tasted weird at first, kind of like it tasted when your Dad used to let you have a sip of lager when you were a kid and you pretended to like it! (I soon got used to it again!). I was surprised that I could still enjoy a few drinks without getting drunk. I didn't go mad at all, but thought I would have to just have the odd one but I was fine.

We ate hotel breakfast and at restaurants. I didn't particularly make healthy choices, I just had what I fancied as I would anytime I was on holiday but I certainly wasn't making terrible choices and didn't stuff myself stupid. What I really noticed was I never really felt hungry. We would have breakfast at 9am, and then go out sightseeing then realise it was mid afternoon and we needed to eat. It was nice not to have food on my mind and 3 meals a day did me fine, I ate until I was full not until I was stuffed. I think as we were out and about all the time, all the walking must have helped with the weight loss.

Even though I always knew I would come back on TS I was really surprised how easy it was for me. I was actually ready for it by the last day of my holiday and had no problems this week. Also, I LOVED going on the plane and the seatbelt fastening with loads of room and the seat tray not hitting my belly! Last time I flew at Xmas I had to use my Husbands tray and I was too fat to get mine down!

Glad you had a great time jojo. Its most encouraging that you didn't have to be too strict on yourself regarding food. Well done on the 3.5lb weight loss, thats more than me this week lol x

Well done Jojo, glad you had a lovely time :)

Thanks brilliant news. Its made me think as I am taking my daughter away in June for 4 days and I was going to carry on with Exante, but maybe I should think about having those days off too.

Thanks all :)

Sarah, I think you just need to see how you feel at the time. I was personally ready for a short break and I think it must have boosted my metabolism a bit, but I always knew I was 100% committed to coming back on TS once I was home. When we were at the airport waiting for our flight home we shared a sandwich and I said to my husband that I was really looking forward to coming back on. I was feeling quite bloated by then and wanted to feel 'light' again!

Thanks all :)

Sarah, I think you just need to see how you feel at the time. I was personally ready for a short break and I think it must have boosted my metabolism a bit, but I always knew I was 100% committed to coming back on TS once I was home. When we were at the airport waiting for our flight home we shared a sandwich and I said to my husband that I was really looking forward to coming back on. I was feeling quite bloated by then and wanted to feel 'light' again!

I am determined to loose the weight, I am just worried a little as my friend is coming with us and she was surprised when I told her that I was going to stick to the diet when we go away. She also wants to weight (needs to loose about 5/6 stone) but does not have the will-power to do it and eats a load of rubbish. I know that she will be quite happy with fast food while we are away and dont want to fall into the trap of eating rubbish.

Well done hun :) xx

Thats amazing and really encouraging, i remember when I had dieted for my wedding then went on honeymoon in the US, so spent hours eating and walking round fabulous and amazing shopping malls, I though I'd come home with a lot of work to do, but I sts, so it just goes to show that the appetite does get smaller and that making reasonably good choices can be effective. Good luck being back 100% xx

Thanks amazing Jojo well done you! Glad you had a great time and found it easy to get back on TS.

I have been worrying about this as coming off later this month for my friends wedding and my holiday. Starting to not want to come off plan at all but know it will be nice to have a few drinks etc while abroad. I too am looking forward to being more comfy in the plane seat.

Good for you! :D

I know exactly what you mean about the airplane tray table - been there, done that! :eek:

Fab , glad you had a great time and lost weight too , even better .

Back