Week 2 - Hungry

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Libellule, 19 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi There

Firstly - I hope I am posting this is the right place !

I have just finished week one of CD sole source - at my weigh in yesterday I had lost 7lbs. I am definitely in ketosis (the stick shows a purple colour), however I am really hungry (worse than day 2/3) Sometimes this is worse than others - the night before last I was so hungry I could not sleep. I mentioned this to my CDC, but she did not really know why this is. I am drinking lots of water and black coffee - somewhere around 3 - 4 litres per day. Any ideas ? I'm really not sure that I can feel this hungry for the next few months !

Thank you in advance. xxx :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Burgerbun

Burgerbun Full Member

Hi,

I found the same in my second week. The first week was easy but week 2 i was really hungry...

Is it your TOTM soonish? Just concentrate on why you are doing it! I am now in my 4th week. Soo worth it!! Keep with it hun. Try some of the recipes on the forums. I found the muffin abit more filling. Helped me get through. Although my CDC says i shouldnt make it because you lose some of the vitamins so i have stopped. Remember, week 2 you get the bars. I end up nibbling them through the afternoon.

Good Luck!

4. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hiya Burgerbun

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. Glad to know I'm not the only one ! Will def try some of the recipes out - any recommendations ?
    Am so determined to lose this lard, I will stick with it. xxx

5. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Sometimes is psychological hunger.. i know when i was doing cd i got it.. its just all about mind over matter.. you know you arent really hungry.. Well done on those 7lbs.. thats brill..!!
    x x

6. Val123

Val123 Silver Member

Diet:
    AAW8
    The porridge is infinitely more filling than the shakes and because you eat it, rather than drink it, psychologically it makes you feel much better. Give it a try - it really sets you up for the day, but you don't just have to have it for brekky - if i have hunger pangs I just make sure that my next meal is a sachet of porridge and it always does the trick.

7. AllyKat

AllyKat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slinning World
    :-( Hop you feel better soon.

8. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Awww Thank you all for your replies - everyone is so nice on here.
    I did try the porridge once, but it made me gag ! I guess everyone has different faves.

I went to the sunbed place at lunchtime for a treat - forgot that I would have to walk past the chippy and bakers on the way... D'oh !

Just had my delicious (?), nutritious (?) Oriental Chilli soup for lunch.

9. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I agree with Kitteh, sometimes the hunger is more in your head than in your stomach! That's always been my problem, I eat for the sake of eating rather than actually being hungry!

Next time you feel hungry have a think about how you're feeling. Are you bored? Lonely? Feeling a little down? (I'm starting to sound like an advert!)

If you figure out when you're most likely to want food it could help with your maintainence after CD

10. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The time I was most hungry was a couple of days ago - late evening. I was sooooooooooooooooooo hungry I couldn't sleep ! Strangely enough though, since I posted this thread I have stopped feeling hungry...maybe I just needed a rant !

Totally know the reasons why I gained weight - I didn't have an unhealthy diet, but it was portion control which was my problem - and bread...you wouldn't believe what I could make into sandwiches ! Also I got used to having a couple of glasses of wine most evenings.
    Even though I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, this wasn't enough to stop the weight gain.

I am using this diet to totally change my eating and drinking habits - 2009 is going to be the new me !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.