Week 2 of hoola hooping and its working

slimandhappy

I have lost 1.5 inches around my waist, and I am only hooping for 20 minutes a day. 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening. I am beginning to keep up with the dvd, but its difficult, because I only have a small room, and I keep knocking into the furniture.
All my clothes are now getting big on my waist.

That's amazing!! What dvd do you have? I have done the hula hooping on the wii fit and it is a killer - you can feel it working!

Its a dvd that came with the hoop. The instructor is called Betty Hoop. It is quite advanced, and I find it hard, and have also got a lot of bruises, but I can feel it working.

my front room would probably be too small for hularing. but i have one of those discs that turn and you work your waist, much the same movement as a hula

hula sounds interesting, I to do it on the wii but it is agony! lol

May keep a look out for that dvd :D

That sounds amazing! I definetely want one now :D

Was it hard to get the hang of? I remember, I could never hula hoop when I was younger. Is it easier with a weighted one?

Also, I've just looked on amazon and they seem to come in different sizes. What size do you think would be best? I'm 5'3'' if that helps.

Thanks! x

Last edited:
I'd love to try a bit of pole dancing... do you do it just for fun?

Yep. I have a pole in the middle of my lunge and have just found the motivation to start commiting to it again. It's hard, it hurst, but the felling of being able to acomplish some of the moves as you progress makes it all worth while. Find a local class and just have a taster session. You'll be hooked.

That sounds amazing! I definetely want one now :D

Was it hard to get the hang of? I remember, I could never hula hoop when I was younger. Is it easier with a weighted one?

Also, I've just looked on amazon and they seem to come in different sizes. What size do you think would be best? I'm 5'3'' if that helps.

Thanks! x
I am 5ft 4, and mine is quite big, the instructions say the bigger the hoop when you start off, the easier it is to use, because it doesn't go round as fast. I can take my one apart and make it smaller, but as I say, at the moment I have it the largest it can be. I have always been quite good at hoola hooping, but I find the weighted ones easier to use than the toy ones you can buy on toys r us.
Having said that, when you watch the professional using them, I am still a novice.

Back