Week 2 Weigh in 1.5lb off...thinking about stopping!

Oops

Gutted, got weighed, only lost 1.5lb. It cruel to go through this all week to only lose 1.5lb. Was ill on Saturday, as I mentioned before had Soup, 2 bread, cheese, milk. Checked my Ketostix and remained in ketosis the whole time. So now I'm punished for being ill. Don't know if I can do it, waste £36 for that result, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thing is im not being rude .... but u lapsed a little!! although it didnt knock u out of ketosis it still would of had some effect on ur body especially cause the carbs in the bread!!

stick to it one more week..give it 100% and see what the out come is!! if ur still lossing really lowly then re think it....

it does work hunni dont through away all ur hard work for nothing xx

I agree - these diets only work if we follow them 100%. For some, sometimes that is not possible or difficult, and they turn to food. Food throws off the whole plan.

SO you were sick, and you ate. You are not being "punished" but you disrupted the diet.

As Catz said, give it 100% and see the difference. Ketostix are not the end all be all to indicate this is working.

You ate some high carb high fat food, which will definately affect the scales while on a VLCD diet. If you HAVE to lapse - and it is possible to get through these diets when we are ill without eating, but that takes getting used too....but if you HAVE to lapse, stick to high protein and veg ONLY. Not milk, bread or cheese - 3 of the worst things to have on a VLCD and also not healthy for healing a cold either. ;)

Good luck. :)

x

oh my god - I justr noticed you lost 16 pounds the first week!!!! Sorry - but how much do you think your body can take = 17 pounds in 2 weeks - and you feel punished and it was a waste of money??

You are doing great - how can you be upset with 17 pounds in two weeks - surely you can't do 16 pounds a week. Be nice - but, lol, impossible!!

Cheer up!! You have no reason to be gutted!!! :D :)
x

I completely hear what you are both saying, it's just £36 a week, thats a lot of money for me, so I need to be on and off this pretty quick!

I think the solution is to stick to it 100% then.

If you're struggling then people on this forum are excellent at helping you along. But with these diets it really is so important to follow them to a T... So many people struggle big time when they have lapsed, it's really not worth it.

It's working though! You know you lapsed and that's why you didn't lose as much weight as you'd like to. If you eat, you won't lose weight.
I know it's hard when the weather's like this and you're ill but it won't work if you don't stick to it completely.
Use the money as motivation not to eat. That's what I used to do. My theory being that I was throwing money away if I ate anything.
Stick with it this week and you'll be back to fantastic weight losses I'm sure.
Is it LL you're on? Can't understand why you're not paying £66 that's all!

I completely hear what you are both saying, it's just £36 a week, thats a lot of money for me, so I need to be on and off this pretty quick!

You'd pay more a week for food on a lot of diets..

Try not to be resentful. You cheated and didn't lose as much, but you still lost. The fat in what you ate would have hit you along with the carbs...

next time you're ill you'll have to find another way of comforting yourself other than food.. we're all learning that lesson along with weight loss.

Well done on your 18lb loss!!

I agree with BL. People need to be realistic about VLCDs. I lost 15lbs in my first week and 2lbs in my second despite sticking to CD 100%. You will not always get big losses. The average loss is 3-4lbs a week. Anything higher than that and it is a bonus.

Firstly, congrats on your huge overall loss so far!

Now, some perspective; you've lost, in your 2 weeks, what I have in my last 5 weeks, and you lapsed as well - I certainly can't see where the "waste" is in that. I'd give ANYTHING to get another big loss of even 4 or 5lbs a week, but it's just not happening - you body will only lose what is prepared to lose. 16lbs in 7 days is a MASSIVE hit on your body, and I am not in any suprised that you had a lower loss the second week; had you even done it 100% I suspect you would have struggled to lose above 3 or 4lbs, it would simply be too much for the body to handle.

Also, I think it's funny to hear people say the "£cost of LL is a lot of money to me" when you simply HAVE to be eating your way through more f**d's worth of money to be on the program in the first place - I reckon it's cut my weekly 'f**d' spend by at LEAST 50%, some weeks, more than that.
And a "quickly on and off" mentality is not going to help you - it will take, as long as it takes; and then you've got the 12 weeks of RTM as well, which you really, REALLY need to do if you have any hope of keeping it off in the long run.

Remember, your body is not a machine; some weeks you'll lose more, some weeks you'll lose less (check BL's stats; some weeks, she lost only OUNCES) but the fact is, a loss is a loss, and the scales are moving in the right direction. LL say an average of 1 stone a month, but that won't ever happen at 3.5lbs a week for 4 weeks; far more likely you'll get a week of 5, a week of 2, a week of 3..... but it all averages out in the end.

My biggest thing to remember is; so long as you don't cheat, you HAVE to lose weight. It is IMPOSSIBLE not to, so long as you follow the program to the letter.

Only being in week 2, I understand when you say about "suffering though it all week", but TRUST ME, a few more weeks' time and you won't feel you are suffering at all; if you are anything like me, you will get to the end of the first month and feel like you have been SET FREE.

I'd certainly give it a few more weeks yet, and maybe next week, don't raise your hopes up about weigh-in with thoughts like "I hope I've lost X this week"; just go knowing "I have lost something this week, and that's better than what I was doing before"

:)
x

You are very wise Pete! Very sound advice! I always have a number in mind when I go to be weighed but think I will try and heed what you say and just relax in the knowledge that I will be lighter than the week before. Thats all that matters really isnt it?

Also, I think it's funny to hear people say the "£cost of LL is a lot of money to me" when you simply HAVE to be eating your way through more f**d's worth of money to be on the program in the first place - I reckon it's cut my weekly 'f**d' spend by at LEAST 50%, some weeks, more than that.

I have significantly less money now I'm back fully eating again. food costs more...especially the right food!!

Reminds me, BL, how did you get on with the organic boxes?

Hi RR

Well, I had the first one delivered last week - it was good produce, but not very much - not enough for a weeks worth anyway, so had to top up at the store. If I go to the next size up, I am not sure I am any better off then the market. But it sure is nice having it brought by. I'll give it a couple of go's and see. Thanks again for the lead!!

Back