Week 3 Advice Please

Dude*Bear

Dear All

Just had my week 3 weigh in; only lost 1 lb. I had a major social event last night and I did eat; but very minimal and stuck to the green & white rule.

Got on the scales this morning and I was 2 lb heavier... My CDC thought it was due to water retention as I ate last night.

Anyone else had this? I was really surprised that a small amount of food put 2 lbs on, got me worried about re-eating...

I'm still really pleased, my total is 11 lb off in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Did you eat 7,000 calories last night? No? Then you've not really put on two pounds. What you have done is refilled your glycogen stores and given your body lots of salt and other things that it fancies holding on to for a bit. In a couple of days your body will realise it's sticking to the CD and will get rid of those pesky two pounds. Put it down to experience and look forward to seeing a good result next week.

Don't beat yourself up about it. You haven't failed or cheated. You made a positive decision to eat at an event and chose food within the scope of the diet. So good for you for doing that and not going on a carb fest. Plus you still lost a pound at your weigh in.

In a few days I will be attending a family meal with my sister who is coming in from Australia. I haven't seen her for almost 2 years. I discussed this with my CDC and said even though I have the willpower to be 100%, for this occasion I am choosing to eat, and like you I will do this positively as part of the plan.

As the others have said, in a couple of days of being 100% it will be gone, well done though for sticking to the white/green rule, me personally being me would of just ate what i wanted, and started again 100% x x Pat on the back for you x :)

Back