Step 1 Sole Source Week 3 and disappointed results...:(

gemjar

Climbing the mountain...
I've done the Cambridge before and lost 3 stone in 3 months.

This time round I've lost 10 lbs in three weeks and I'm gutted its not more. I've been 100% ss with 2 days of ss+. Drank at least 3 litres of water per day and have quite an active job.

Just feeling annoyed and impatient that the last time I was on to losing my second stone at this point. Lost 7lb week 1, 1 lb week 2 and 2lb for week 3.

Just think that for not really eating the results should be quicker. Am I being unreasonable or does anyone know if anything I could or should be doing?

Is it worth carrying on if the loss is going to be equivalent of slimming world or weight watchers?
Just gutted. :(

Last edited:
The one advantage of being a serial restarted like me (though this time will be the last time!) is that you learn that no restart is ever the same as the last. Try not to compare your results this time with the last time - they're not going to match up. 10lbs off in 3 weeks is fab :clap:

And I can promise you the pounds won't come off quicker if you do SW or WW. They just won't (believe me, I've tried :sigh:). You're still on track for a stone in a month. And there might be a reason you're retaining water - TOTM, not sleeping well, stressed out at work? It'll all sort itself out eventually.

Hang in there :hug99:

Thanks for the words of wisdom Lily! :)

I think why I liked the diet so much was you did what you were meant to and you lost weight. Where sometimes you can go to the gym, eat right and be on the same weight for months! So really did expect a similar pattern as last time.

The not eating doesn't bother me if I lose weight, maybe a daily trip into the scales should be avoided, finding it more frustrating than motivating at the mo.

Lily said:
The one advantage of being a serial restarted like me (though this time will be the last time!) is that you learn that no restart is ever the same as the last. Try not to compare your results this time with the last time - they're not going to match up. 10lbs off in 3 weeks is fab :clap:

And I can promise you the pounds won't come off quicker if you do SW or WW. They just won't (believe me, I've tried :sigh:). You're still on track for a stone in a month. And there might be a reason you're retaining water - TOTM, not sleeping well, stressed out at work? It'll all sort itself out eventually.

Hang in there :hug99:

Hi lily I've just been looking back at my old posts and I last did CD jan 2011 and just noticed you replied to one of my threads on there about milk lol I recognised your avatar. Glad its not just Me who's back! Hopefully the last time for both of us!

I remember last time I did CD (another re-starter here!) I was totally 100%, yet one week I lost half a pound. I was gutted, but stck with it - the following week I lost 6 and 1/2 pounds. I'm sure it will even out. I look forward to hearing how well you do this week. x

To have lost so little in the space of a week and a half troubled me. Stepped onto the scales this morning (even though I vowed not to until Thursday WI) 3lb gone! Flittered away! I did make a snowman yesterday, maybe I should make a snow family if its going to have this effect lol!

Thank you to everyone who encouraged and supported me, think I had a wobble near the beginning last time I did this diet! Know it seems a tad mental, I panic! I need to relax a big more I think lol! Xx

This is also my second time back and my loses have been so different from the last time! I think it will come off hun you are being 100% so it will come off just be patient! I know its hard and I am the same as you it cant come off quick enough! Not because I dont like the CWP I do its the only diet that I dont feel hungry on! Good luck for your next weigh in x

That's a great loss gemjar! This thread is inspiring me this morning as got on my scales this morning and only 1lb loss in 5 days. I'm also on week three and my weight losses haven't been massive - 4lbs and then 3lbs. Will hang in there and hopefully I'll see a reasonable loss at weigh-in on Monday. Did Zumba last night but doesn't seem to have affected weight loss.

That's a great loss gemjar! This thread is inspiring me this morning as got on my scales this morning and only 1lb loss in 5 days. I'm also on week three and my weight losses haven't been massive - 4lbs and then 3lbs. Will hang in there and hopefully I'll see a reasonable loss at weigh-in on Monday. Did Zumba last night but doesn't seem to have affected weight loss.

I upped my water intake to 3.25l a day and that has seemed to have helped too! Def hang in, so worth it once your body gets the idea, mines obviously a bit slow at first haha! 4th week in and I've lost 4lbs, not expecting to lose much more now cos that's about average per week! Well doing Zumba on ss! I find that exercise makes me feel far too dizzy but def a plus if you can do it! Keep it up kathy! Xx

This is my 2nd time seriously on CD and I have noticed my losses are not the same as the first time. I will still keep going because I know it works.

Back