week 5 atkins and no weight loss for three weigh ins.

I really don't knwo what to do. I just don't understand what's going on when I'm still only eating what I ate during induction and lost weight. I don't have a food dairy on here because I don't have problems with what I'm eating. If I was cheating or not eating according to the book I'd post on here so others could comment but I'm eating what I'm supposed too.

Maybe I'm eating too much, maybe I'm eating too little but according to mfp I'm at around 1000 calories a day because I'm not hugry. I just don't see how I'm not loosing masses of weight. I don't feel I should force feed myself If I'm not hungry, that just seems completly insane.

Sigh, I hated how hungry I was on slimmers world so after my holiday I guess I'll just have to try different ways of doing Atkins in two week stints, more carbs, less calories, maybe a fat fast, more exercise, waayy more water...who knows. I'm not willing to jump off the Atkins band wagon yet but I'm getting so massivly frustrated... much sigh
Thank's everyone for the support.

Hope you don't mind me butting in. Because you're in ketosis on Atkins you generally don't feel hungry, but 1000 cals seems very low. Do you think maybe you should eat more to see if your body is not letting the weight go because of that?

Might be worth moving to owl - when you up your carbs, you will naturally feel more hungry so maybe can eat more cals reasonably. That might help if it's dropped too low

I think Kat1e has a very good point. 1000 calories really is very low, what can happen is that our metabolism slows down to compensate, if food is in short supply.

Thanks ladies. I have been thinking my calories are too low. It's just one of the things I'll try to see if I can speed up my weight loss. I'm sure there is an Atkins combination out there for me somewhere!

I'd still suggest posting food diaries just because sometimes people will spot something that stalls them and point it out.

Do you eat Atkins bars or any other sugar free products? Mims? Drink diet fizzy drinks? Alcohol? How much cheese/cream do you eat daily etc.

I eat induction amounts of cheese or less. Less than three tablespoons of cream, and absolutely no soft drinks or any sweeteners. I tried some splender week before last but I don't like it. I eat no Atkins bars, shakes or sugar free things. I eat only fresh meat, eggs and veg listed on induction. This is why I'm so confused!

Oh and I don't drink ever anyway and I don't eat mims. Nothing, no nuts, no fruit now, nothing! I'm beginning to think I'm just damaging my metabolism by not eating enough. It just seems so counter productive to eat when I'm not hungry

I really think you should have a go at upping your carb level. It's early days for me, but I can say I look to have lost a little the past couple of days, certainly I haven't gained from adding back some carbs. How about just sticking to berries and starchy veg for now, say for a week, and seeing how it goes?

That's the plan boggins...after my holiday lol. Thanks again everyone

Bluecatlady I really feel for you. It's so disheartening when you follow the diet and are really good and then you weigh at end of the week and you've stayed the same.
I've just had a week like that, I really felt "what's the point" but then I thought "at least I haven't put on" so felt a little better but not much!!!

I think I have the same problem as you as I have a job to eat 1000 calories a day unless I eat carbs (bread, cakes etc). I don't like milk, butter, cream or mayonnaise.

This is an example of what I eat in a day:

Breakfast: 1 egg boiled, poached, fried or 2 eggs as an omelette. 1 or 2 rashers of bacon and mushrooms or instead of bacon I will have 1 sausage (low carb). 1 cup of black decaf coffee.

Lunch: 2 slices of ham with a piece of cheese (about 60 grams) or tin of tuna or Mackerel. Bowl of mixed green leaves dressed with olive oil and some vinegar.

Mid afternoon: 1 cup of green tea, no milk sugar or sweetener.

Dinner: Chicken breast, or pork chop, or roast meat or fish with green beans, or cabbage, or cauliflower. No gravy or sauces. 1 cup of tea, no milk, sugar or sweetener. Occasionally as a treat I have 1 dried biscuit (rich tea).

3 litres of water a day.

Sometime I even miss a meal as not hungry.

Please anybody feel free to make suggestions where I'm going wrong.

I've done so many different diets over the years I think subconsciously I'm afraid to eat too much and completely go off plan and fail again.

Last edited:
If you don't like butter or mayo, how about peanut butter? Very high cal and you can fit it into your carb allowance. I use it to get my calories up on days when I sleep through meals.

Woo, another weigh in last Monday at sts... Sigh. Upping my carbs I guess

tazbabe said:
sts is better than an increase.......

Yes, I know and thank you. It's Just when you have over 100 pounds more to lose staying the same...again...not for the first or second time is a total kick in the teeth!

Lisa, I think your diet needs more fat TBH. What you're eating sounds more like what I used to eat on weight watchers. Not sure if this lack of fat has slowed your weightless or not as I'm quite new to this but it's what jumps out the most.

Back