Week 7 - it's all going wrong!!

iwannabeme

Help!!

Having been sooo good on this diet for 6 weeks I can't believe I am failing so badly this week.

It started Sunday with a tummy upset which resulted in me having a meal instead of a shake Sunday night followed by a blow out of junk later that night. Monday and Tuesday I still didnt feel well and managed two exante products both days but nothing else. Wednesday I started feeling better and did a 2 mile walk in the morning but by dinner time was so hungry I ate a big meal. Thursday I felt terrible about eating, walked 3.5 miles and managed a day on 100% again...great!

Friday I was hungry all day. Had eaten breakfast and lunch by 11.30am and needless to say had another big meal last night and even went out for a couple of drinks with the hubby.

Here I am again in the morning feeling terrible about what I have done!!

I feel determined to get back on track but seem to have lost the hunger fight this week, maybe caused by stomach bug at beginning of the week and too few calories eaten??

Please can you give me some tips to get me through the next few days to get me back on track. I keep telling myself that 3 bad days in 7 weeks is not that terrible but getting back on it and resisting the hunger is proving very difficult!!

I have reminded myself of why I am doing this and my motivation is high (until the hunger kicks in!!) and if I can just get through maybe 3 or 4 days I know it will get easier again.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!

Xxx

Oh no, poor you! Sounds to me like you got knocked off track by a tummy bug and then ended up in an eating spiral - because you weren't ready (emotionally) to go back to food. Please try to stop beating yourself up about it.

How are you feeling? Are you better from the bug? Might be an idea to take a step back, say "I'm going back on Exante tomorrow" and mentally prepare yourself - get your water/drinks together, carefully choose your day's packs, put them in a special box, have an early night and then go back on Exante in a planned way rather than a panicked one :)

You CAN do it - you've done it for 6 weeks! Good luck, you can totally do this x

Thanks for the replies. I have decided to start afresh on Monday. Basically start again from tomorrow. Get my head back in the zone and go for it again. I am not going to let this week ruin my chances of getting to where I want to be. It really is a case of mind over matter and now I feel I am fully over the stomach bug, I can give it my all again. Xxx

If you are starting on Monday have something you enjoy but use today to reduce your carbs, that way the hunger pangs should be reduced when you start with the packs tomorrow. As you say getting back into the swing of things is really hard but think about what you have achieved so far & focus on your goals. Perhaps you could ask hubby to hide the stuff that is going to tempt you tomorrow. Remember how good you felt when the weight started to drop off rather than focusing on the negative feelings you are struggling with at the moment. The other thing is to come on here & post how you are getting on daily, it might help keep you on track. Good luck x

Thanks - today has been ok - not too hungry but thinking about food all the time!! Have stuck to 100% though and feel relieved it is the end of the day.

I tend to agree with every1 else plz dnt beat yourself up over what has happened the main thing is that you get back on track put the last wk behind you and lkook forward to lossing weight again.I know it might be difficult for the 1st few days as your body needs to get back into ketosis but just think of what you can achieve another 7wks down the line, just move on and dnt throw away the last 7wks of hard work.I have had a virus/cold on the 1st wk of TS and today is the start of my 2nd wk and i am feeling alot better, i had the urge to eat last week to build my strength but resisted and being an emotional eater myself i was surprised.We are all here to give each other support and we all want to achieve the same results so if you feel yourself getting low or just need a chat get yourself on here and chat with me or anybody else that will help boost you again.Hope this little bit of advice helps and dnt worry you are doin great so look forward :).Steve

Thank you for your support. I do believe it is mind over matter and getting my first day at 100% under my belt today has given me a boost. It has reminded me I can do it and it isn't that bad!!

Exactly mind of matter just think how you will feel another wks done the line and how much thinner you will be it will all be worth it , i say this as i tell myself the same thing as knowone says its going to be easy and we all know how much easier it can be to put on weight than it is to shift it so dnt undo all your hard work so thumbs up to you on your mind set :)

Back