Week 8 to 10 wobbles - advice needed from those who know!

contrarytintagel

Hi everyone,

I'm part of the Butterflies group and a lot of us have noticed we're beginning to struggle in different ways. I've just noticed it seems to be around weeks 8 to 10 and wondered if a) this is common and b) how everyone got past it. Seems silly not to tap into the collective CD wisdom!

Some people have started picking, others having extra packs, some have needed to go up plans and lots of us seem to have having tough CD days. We've got lots of support for each other but I just wondered if there are some good strategies we could use to keep us going?

I suspect it might be because we've lost enough weight to be looking significantly better and maybe need to dig deeper to keep positive motivation up?

Any thoughts greatly appeciated!

I have no advice to offer, but I will be watching this thread with interest as I am in week 7 and have started to struggle. I think for me it's a combination of feeling a lot slimmer and the fact that I'm going on holiday in a couple of days. I blipped yesterday and today and it's worrying as I was hoping to be in control during my hols and if I'm starting to blip now what am I going to be like once I go away...:confused:

i am same as Alli on week 7 i had my WI today only 2lbs but i was skipping packs last week as i just couldn't face them i would rather have gone without and i knew it would effect my loss and i am struggling again today only i pack so far i am just not hungry ????????? and can't face the shakes and the water why can't i just eat them and drink the water as i know its going to take me longer at this rate

I was early! I had to go SS+ end of wk 6 into wk 7. I had been fine until then but just needed something else and better than cheating.

I struggled week 8 to 10, small losses, very disheartening. I had an 810 week, kicked my metabolism and was raring to go again. I really think 3 months is too long to wait for 810 week. Every 5 weeks seemed much more sensible.

My first CDC told me that week 7/ half way point is when most people drop out. It's that half way spot, when you feel like you've been on the diet forever, the novelty has well and truly worn off and there's still a whole long long way to go. Stick with it ladies - it will get easier. :)

Back