Week 8 WI The Experiment

BetsyBotox

Silver Member
Hey gorgeous people!

I got weighed earlier and lost *drum roll* 4lbs! I'm over the moon, estatic! I could have kissed my chemist.

So, the experiment. As most of you know I'm really wanting my losses to slow down a tad. I am really really worried about toning up my skin. I've been reading a lot about the science of weight loss, metabolism, body set points, hormones etc etc. It's mindblowing, confusing but so damn interesting. Everything I have read so far has indicated that it is better to lose the weight slow and steady. I kind of already knew this but after reading about peoples' experiences and their knowledge I've had it confirmed.

I can't believe I'm going to type this but here goes LT IS MAKING ME VAIN! Unbelieveable!

So anyhow, I joined a gym last week. No cardio, as I do enough running around all day. All toning and alternate days on this massive vibro plate. The vibro is tougher than the gym! She has me doing more poses than the Karma Sutra. I figured that if I started exercising now it might slow the losses down and the added bonus of toning up. Well, I think I was right! It has slowed down!

4lbs to me is fantastic, and I hope to lose between 3-4lbs a week for the rest of my LT voyage. I absolutely hated the gym at first, but I loved it this morning and felt as if I was earning my loss haha.

So there you go I've rambled on another load of poo and I bet you're yawning and thinking 'Jeysus that woman is a bore'

Thank you millions and trillions for listening to and supporting me. I couldn't do this without you all. Lubs yas loads!

woohooo!

4lbs is super hun.
i know its what you want to do each week(can i have your mega losses each week now you're finished with them?lol)

great to tone up as you go and exercise.
i nearly died yesterday just strimming the jungle and power washing the slabs!i was knackered and looked like a beetroot!

i noticed today that i'm getting vain too!
i don't normally care what i look like but it was nice to look tidy for a change.
got some blokey looks too and had a few ppl tell me i was looking fab so a massive boost to the ole confidence.

what does your hubby think to the change in you?
bet he's so proud of how you're doing x

Hey Betsy

4lbs is brill! Well done on getting into the gym and yes the bigger vibro plates are absolutely AMAZING! I dont blame you for becoming vain on LT - youre going to look like a foxy ladayyy!

I too have been upping the exercise- its amazing how much more you can do after losing some lbs! Good for you on getting in there and doing your toning. Carry on like this and you'll look amazing when your done!

No woman you aint a bore! pffft you think we think of you like that?! Your posts always cheer me up :)

God yeah, so much info out there, im sure im boring peoples heads off with all the physical science stuff!

Keep going hun, your on a roll! xx

woohooo!

4lbs is super hun.
i know its what you want to do each week(can i have your mega losses each week now you're finished with them?lol)

great to tone up as you go and exercise.
i nearly died yesterday just strimming the jungle and power washing the slabs!i was knackered and looked like a beetroot!

i noticed today that i'm getting vain too!
i don't normally care what i look like but it was nice to look tidy for a change.
got some blokey looks too and had a few ppl tell me i was looking fab so a massive boost to the ole confidence.

what does your hubby think to the change in you?
bet he's so proud of how you're doing x

Aww thank you my lovely! Sorry but I think I'll hold on to those bigger losses, you know, just incase I need them later haha.

Omg don't talk to me about strimmers and power washers! Doesn't that bloody wreck?! My arms feel like they've been trailed right out of the sockets after doing that! I feel your pain but it does keep ya fit. Haha at looking like Betty Beetroot! Rosy cheeks.

I'm the same! I'm starting to become an ickle bit obsessed with my appearance. Whereas before I've even been known to go to the school/shop in me pjs (Disgraceful I know) My pjs used to be my favourite outfit, now I hardly ever wear them. We deserve to be vain, eh? We've worked hard enough? Or am I kidding myself?

Swit swoo about the blokes having a looky, you go girl. It feels great eh, especially when you catch them! I've had a few as well. I don't notice as much as my Hub does though. He must have a built in radar for men who look! The man of your dreams will pop up when you least expect now. You new found confidence will attract them like flies round poo!

My Hub tells me all the time he loves and adores me no matter what. He says he couldn't care less what I look like. I think he lies. Recently he's had a very lustful look in his eyes, and he keeps touching and stuff haha! TMI. He reminds of Vic Reeves in Shooting Stars, you know rubbing his hands up and down his thighs haha! Dirty beggar. He is very proud though, bless him.

X

well done hun, thats great. i think 3-4lbs a week is great. also toning up ull be gaining muscle, weighs more than fat.
good luck hun x x

Thank you Jenny my darling!

3-4lbs would be perfect for me. The muscle weighs more than fat thing is unfortunately a myth! Muscle is just more dense, and fat more mass. 1lb of muscle of course weighs the same as 1lb of fat. Argh told you I'd been reading a load of science!

X

Hey Betsy

4lbs is brill! Well done on getting into the gym and yes the bigger vibro plates are absolutely AMAZING! I dont blame you for becoming vain on LT - youre going to look like a foxy ladayyy!

I too have been upping the exercise- its amazing how much more you can do after losing some lbs! Good for you on getting in there and doing your toning. Carry on like this and you'll look amazing when your done!

No woman you aint a bore! pffft you think we think of you like that?! Your posts always cheer me up :)

God yeah, so much info out there, im sure im boring peoples heads off with all the physical science stuff!

Keep going hun, your on a roll! xx

Aww thank you Jodie, you're too kind sweetie. Haha at me being foxy, my foxy days are long gone! It's a lovely thought though!

I'm not kidding myself. I've had 3 children and was huge (still am!) so I know my skin will not shrink back to how it was when I was in my 20s. I just want to feel as if I've tried my best before I go under the knife! I think it will probably come to that as I can't believe how aware and vain I am about it already. Before I was - I'd rather be saggy and untoned than a huge, great big unhealthy chubby. Amazing how losing a bit of weight can change how you feel about yourself.

The science is amazing. I have to read it really slow and over and over again so that I can try to understand it, just a little!

Are you gyming it every day? What are you doing in the gym? Are you enjoying it?

X

Well done, that's great!! Go you!

I've read up on the skin thing too & my understanding of it is similar, but, at the same time, I'm super impatient, so the fact you want your weight-loss to slow down is so sensible, hehe!

Hope the gym is going well!

Hannah

Thank you Hannah!

Hmm that's another thing LT has made me - SENSIBLE! God LT is turning me into a right bore! I've always lived life for today and to hell with the consequences. Now I'm all concerned, responsible and sh*t!

Gym was fabulous this morning. Saying that by Thursday it will all be a bit rubbish again!

Interesting about the vanity comments. Whenever I put on weight I stop bothering about myself, its as if I don't matter anymore.

Once I start to do something about it I take much more interest in how I'm looking and start treating myself better.

Loved the bit about hubbie too. My OH is 14 years younger than me and slim. He always tells me I'm beautiful however much I weigh, although like you I notice he's like a small boy in a sweet shop when i look after myself.

Keep up the good work, I'm almost motivated to start exercising but only almost.

Vanda

Hello my sweettttt

Well done to you for losing another 4lbs. Well it sounds like you have it all sussed out. Just don't over do it and keep wiggling. Trust you to like the vibrating thing. hahaha

Betsyyyyyyyy!

yey! well done hun- another great loss AND you're gymtastically gorgeous too! 4 and a half stone is such an amazing loss. You are a total LT icon!!

I must be getting vain too- I even shaved my legs today for a treat! lol!

Well done brilliant girly- you make me smiiiiiile!

xxxx

Thank you Vanda! Isn't it dreadful how the weight drags us down and makes us feel unworthy. It's so great to hear that other people are turning into vanity queens! Soon we'll all not be able to walk pass our reflection without staring for half a hour! I'm not at the full length mirror stage yet, but when I am, goodness they'll be having to drag me away kicking and screaming.

Aww bless our Hubbies. I've a younger model also, aren't they great? So easy to manipulate ha! Hahaha at small boy in a sweet shop when you're looking after yourself! So funny, yet so true, that describes it perfectly. Mine has been called out on an emergency tonight and he just texted me saying 'I'm the luckiest man in the world because I've got you to come home to' I texted back, that's only because you know you've got a roast turkey dinner sitting waiting for you when you come in!

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind and really really want to go to the gym. Otherwise it will bore so quickly, and you'll give up. Maybe in a few weeks the 'almost will pass, and the 'must' will appear!

Jeeeeeeesiiiiiiiii! Hahaha you know me too well! I'm not just going to tone ;) Have to get it from somewhere! Thank you darling. I forget how to wiggle! I look a right idiot if I tried! I'm trying my best to suss things but knowing me everything will change again tomorrow!

Luuuucyy Lui! Thank you my lovely! Hahahaha at shaving the legs for a treat! Brilliant! Are the pits next week? Oh I didn't realise that brought the total to 4 1/2 stone. Only another couple of hundred stone to go! I'll be sitting here on forum this time next year!

X

I love all of dem posts so funny and so true. your all so great. i think the gym is a good idea wish i had the money to go. lucky i have my vibroplate. haha!

Betsy, I think you've expressed it all very well. All women are vain at heart, not caring is possibly a defence mechanism that we have. Deep down we do care, we just can't face ourselves in the mirror!! Well done on your phenomenal results to date. You are 110% committed.

Thank you Anne-Marie! Isn't the vibro great? I love it. You can really feel it working while you're doing it and the next day. Which one do you have and how often do you use it?

Betsy, I think you've expressed it all very well. All women are vain at heart, not caring is possibly a defence mechanism that we have. Deep down we do care, we just can't face ourselves in the mirror!! Well done on your phenomenal results to date. You are 110% committed.

Thank you Molly. That is soooooo true! It is a defence mechanism! I hate mirrors. I don't mind looking at myself from the top of my head to the bottom of my neck. I've even had my Daughter say 'Oh my goodness Mummy, why do you put on your make-up and do your hair in such a small mirror!' I say that I can't be bothered walking over to the dressing table, when the true is the dressing table mirror is too big and I don't like what I see in it.

That's all so very sad but so very true :(

Aww thank you Jodie, you're too kind sweetie. Haha at me being foxy, my foxy days are long gone! It's a lovely thought though!

I'm not kidding myself. I've had 3 children and was huge (still am!) so I know my skin will not shrink back to how it was when I was in my 20s. I just want to feel as if I've tried my best before I go under the knife! I think it will probably come to that as I can't believe how aware and vain I am about it already. Before I was - I'd rather be saggy and untoned than a huge, great big unhealthy chubby. Amazing how losing a bit of weight can change how you feel about yourself.

The science is amazing. I have to read it really slow and over and over again so that I can try to understand it, just a little!

Are you gyming it every day? What are you doing in the gym? Are you enjoying it?

X

Your right there Betsy- us women we just cant help it! We want one thing then the other! Im sure it cant be that bad hun, your trying your best :D and if you want to go under the knife- go for it, there is nothing wrong with being vain :) Hell I would if I wasnt a student!

I too have become very vain, its almost sad how many time im looking at myself in the mirror lol, BUT hey were getting hot now! :D

No not in the gym just yet- need 2 find a spare hour this thurs or friday and I will sign up! Its at the bottom of my road so really I have no excuse not to go :)

Although at the mo, im doing mr motivator, circuit training at home, wii fit and vibro! Not done any today- feel bad :(

It really does get easier this exercise lark when your lighter!

Your doing brill Betsy! x

Back