Step 1 Sole Source Week away

scooby_lu83

Right CDers

Im having a week away in wee bonnie Scotland visiting family, they know I'm on CD and my CDC has upped me to Step 2 so IF we do end up eating out or something then I can have a meal with them, which I know for definite 1 of the days we will be..

However..

I need some ideas what I can have... mainly thinking will be chicken or egg based.. as not a fishy person... but any ideas will be much appreciated

I had friends round last weekend and we had planned to get an indian takeaway (was planned before I had started CD!) - not wanting to miss out I had chicken tikka starter portion with a saag bhaji (spinach with garlic and onion) and green salad: calorie and portion size was probably a bit out but still kept clear of the carbs aspect... Also at the indian they have the Daal lentil curried soup - this is one of the step 2 recipes in the book so might be OK?

If Chinese maybe something like a chicken foo yung (chicken stir fried into scrambled egg with some onion) - that way you're avoiding potentially sweet sauces. Or a veg/chicken/soy based stir fry with rice noodles (again similar recipe in the CD book step 2).

Other options might be things like a chicken caesar salad (ask for no croutons and sauce on the side so you can reduce the amount you use or ask for olive oil/vinegar instead of the dressing)...

Guess those would be the kind of things I would be thinking of

Within My 1st few weeks of being on CD I had a weekend in Edinburgh pre planned, The girl I was with didn't know I was on Cambridge so I had a Roast chicken Dinner but no gravy and only actually ate the chicken and green veg. The next morning I had scrambled egg on toast and left the toast saying it was too soggy off the eggs. It was weeks later when I told people I was on Cambridge. Just avoid all carbs and things with sauces.
Your early days so your losses should still be good x x x

thanks girls.. im writing these down on a post it and sticking in my CD book as we speak... lucky will be taking me ipad/iphone with me so will check in if anything else fails

any more ideas will be appreciated in advanced :)

I'm really dreading this week away diet wise especially now I've got the rulings of having a "meal" just hope I don't go off plan too much..

I am a bit of a fussy eater and if we do end up having meals don't want it just to be chicken n green beans :(

Xx

Back