week moments

Hi girls i copied the sticky on drinking alcohol for you ..

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol
thanks hon suppose thats my question answered then,no booze for this flooze:cry:

I would not risk drinking in ketosis for love nor money ! lol ... the safest thing to do would be to do a refeed for your holiday and then get back on the Lt as soon as you come back..you will have to start from scratch and get back into ketosis though... not clued up on the refeed thing tho..but you have to have certain food in a certain order to stop the glycogen from filling up your liver to quickly or something or other..which makes weigh go back on fast.... good luck hope you sort it all out and have a great time on holiday xx as for the bbq..go without..ive been to loads of food events and im cool now.. just imagine next years bbq when ur slim xxx

I would not risk drinking in ketosis for love nor money ! lol ... the safest thing to do would be to do a refeed for your holiday and then get back on the Lt as soon as you come back..you will have to start from scratch and get back into ketosis though... not clued up on the refeed thing tho..but you have to have certain food in a certain order to stop the glycogen from filling up your liver to quickly or something or other..which makes weigh go back on fast.... good luck hope you sort it all out and have a great time on holiday xx as for the bbq..go without..ive been to loads of food events and im cool now.. just imagine next years bbq when ur slim xxx

i know how cool would that be thanks for your help hon,yeah might do refeed but it will be worth it xjx

Hi Jen if you decide 2 eat you can have high protein foods, all meat and fish eggs cgeese etc,but if you drink make sure and come out of ketosis the day efore just to b safe alcohol wise! listen you wouldnt b the first and you wont b the last have a great time whatever you decide.There are people on here would are good 5 d6 days and eat one day and they survive so I wouldnt blow a gasket dont stand there quenching the bbq with drool decide either not to eat or to eat and go straight back on again the next day.It's your deit babe make it work for you.Good luck.michelle

Hi Jen if you decide 2 eat you can have high protein foods, all meat and fish eggs cgeese etc,but if you drink make sure and come out of ketosis the day efore just to b safe alcohol wise! listen you wouldnt b the first and you wont b the last have a great time whatever you decide.There are people on here would are good 5 d6 days and eat one day and they survive so I wouldnt blow a gasket dont stand there quenching the bbq with drool decide either not to eat or to eat and go straight back on again the next day.It's your deit babe make it work for you.Good luck.michelle

thanks hon,
have been down the chemist am going on the refeed program on mon,a week before my holidays id dye if i put back on the weight i lost so am gonna do it properly,with the added few glasses of wine,cant wait to go,wont eat or drink at the bbq xjx

Jenny jenny jenny im disappointed you would consider that babe xxx

I cant believe it took 2 pages to convince you not to drink!! And even now im not so sure.

i know but its itally,and weddings,after partys meeting people i havent seen in 10 years,but i know i would kick myself if i gained weight again,its not really worth it for 8 days,do u guys think i should do the refeed?

Yeah hun if you are going to eat and drink then yeah refeed first. you dont want to undo the hard work you put in! And as for alcohol when in ketosis..noooo its really dangerous! I drank after 2 weeks refeed and was still sick then. Its a shock to your body after not eating or drinking and you also have less fat to soak up alcohol xxx

Yeah hun if you are going to eat and drink then yeah refeed first. you dont want to undo the hard work you put in! And as for alcohol when in ketosis..noooo its really dangerous! I drank after 2 weeks refeed and was still sick then. Its a shock to your body after not eating or drinking and you also have less fat to soak up alcohol xxx

haha i defo have loads of fat left to soak it up lol,
cheers hon.im not planning on binging just a glass or 2 of wine and drink tons of water with it,maybe ill behave and not do it at all,my mates over there wont know wat happened to me,biggest party animal on the planet,not drinkin aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh,did you get that stuff?

Hi Jenny
Regarding the bbq, I ate 3oz fish and some green veg at a wedding last Sat and stayed in ketosis, I lost 3.5lb on my weigh in on Tues, not sure if I would have lost more if I hadnt have eaten but I did very little in the line of exercise last week too. I didnt drink at all.
I too am going away the 27th May, and am starting refeed next Tues 20th and will do that for a week, gonna bring some maintenance gear with me and hope to have 1-2 meals consisting of maintenance and fish/chicken, veg and baked spud for dinner washed down with a few drinks, I will check my ketosis state before I head off on hols on Tues morn, I should be out of it cos Im gonna follow the redeed menu to the T.

Lol just be careful hun..promise?
Ive not got it yet babe but looking into it, i need something seriously! Youre a star:D:D xxxxx

Hi Jenny
Regarding the bbq, I ate 3oz fish and some green veg at a wedding last Sat and stayed in ketosis, I lost 3.5lb on my weigh in on Tues, not sure if I would have lost more if I hadnt have eaten but I did very little in the line of exercise last week too. I didnt drink at all.
I too am going away the 27th May, and am starting refeed next Tues 20th and will do that for a week, gonna bring some maintenance gear with me and hope to have 1-2 meals consisting of maintenance and fish/chicken, veg and baked spud for dinner washed down with a few drinks, I will check my ketosis state before I head off on hols on Tues morn, I should be out of it cos Im gonna follow the redeed menu to the T.

how will you know when your out of ketoses?im very confused with those strips,are light pink or the deep wine good?

As far as I know if its pink at all you are still in ketosis. I bought a tube of them last wk and theres a color chart on side of it, think if you are out of ketosis its like a cream color.

ahhhhhhhhh ok
i didnt have a clue.so i need it to be cream if i want a glass of wine,the penny drops thanks guys xjx

I'm really worried about giving into temptation too, having a big party this Sat, for about 30 college friends! I'm cooking Lasagne, Garlic Bread, Salad, Chili & Garlic pasta, & pea & pesto pasta for the mains. Then for desert it'll be Fairy cakes w/Dolly mixtures, Mars bar biscuits, Malteaser cake, Chocolate cake, maple cake, Malteaser muffins with caramel icing, and Maverik Traybake. I actually just made the Mars bar biscuits.
It's basically all my favourite foods, and I've to cook them, serve them, and then go drink a b****y shake!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
I am going to work out the calorie count of each serving, so I can say "369 calories, no thank you".
I guess I have to remember, it's those exact foods that are making up the vast majority of my blubber!
C'est la vie!
Wish me luck!

Back