Week one weigh in

want2byummymummy

Hello all, Im relieved to say that I have survived a week on this plan - lost 5lb, which is good, however i feel like i have really starved this week and I am a little disappointed ....... what are you all expecting to lose?

From reading the TF forums, 8,9,10lbs is not uncommon :sigh:

I didnt buy anymore shakes, etc as I didnt really enjoy them .

I dont know what to do, should i get more in the morning and try another week?

Also do you think we will put the weight on again really quickly, say if I were to go out for dinner, would I put on a couple of pounds?

All opinions greatfully received.

hiya

don't know the answer to your questions but didnt want to ignore you!

I would 'think' that if you came off the plan you would gain unless you stuck to the amount of cals etc you were eating last week. Dont know if it is a ketosis diet??? otherwise you will have more of a gain if glycogen is restored.

I have just started slimming world again because I am a person who does any diet someone talks about thinking it will be 'the one'.

I have realised now after years and years that i need to pick one and stick wih it, this is why i chose slimming world, sick of failing at fad diets and depriving myself.

hope someone with more knowledge posts soon for you otherwise good luck.

x x x

Helloo and well done on your 5 lbs off.!!

I am on CD and many weeks i have not lost any weight so who knows really.!

I would say keep going, if u really want to shift the weight??

Be happy with any loss. if going out for meals just choose good opitions, salads, chicken, fish.

Everyones bodies are different

All the best .x

I think that 5lbs is great. The larger numbers are usually the people with more to loose. i lost 10 and a half pounds in my first week - but I have over 10 stones to loose. Its all relative, by the time I get down to your weight I would love to loose 5lb.

I ate out on Saturday and fell off the wagon and it has taken me all this week to feel like I am back on track! I wouldnt recommend it - it knocks you out of ketosis so you get the first week symptoms. However if you eat carefully this may not happen. I think that if for instance you could have meat and veg, or a salad.
On the tony ferguson website there is a section for eating out. you go to tonyferguson.co.uk and then community and the link at the bottom that says 'read more topics' and there is a lot of advice.

This is the sort of diet where if you stick with it your body adjusts and the horrible way you feel now will change. I am at the end of week 2 now and I am starting to feel much better. I know this gets better and better.
If you dont like the shakes - could you have the bars? or soups? Are you eating enough throughout the day? (for instance you can have 2 pieces of fruit and unlimited veg. I was feeling hungry yesterday so I had asparagus and spinich with some gravy)

I think this diet is great for people who have a bad relationship to food (as I do). It is so controlled and limited that I am starting to really look at the way I eat and learn new cooking techniques.

well done on your weight loss I hope you are feeling better x

Hi butterscotch, was just wondering how much you have lost at the end of your two weeks? I am thinking about starting next week.

Hey yummymummywannabe - I also lost 5lb the first week and was deighted - only aiming to lose 2lb this week but that suits me. I think I expect less because my BMI is a bit lower than some of the huge weight loss folks, but any loss is good to me - don't be too hard on yourself and enjoy the 2 and a half bags of sugar you just lost. I didn't feel hungry as I had huge protein meals with lots and lots of free veg. Also my skin has improved, I am actually using Benafibre and not the TF one as I find it a bit cheaper but haven't had any problems in that department! Also use a cheaper multivit and chromium supplement. Try to stick in, nothing tastes as good as being lighter feels.

I did TF for a week and lost 7lbs... had a serious accident, smashed my leg to peices so on bed rest, gained 5lbs... haha opps! Back on TF now and I can honestly say I dont feel hungry, the shakes make me thirsty as do the bars, I chew the bars as slow as possible, then take two gulps of water between each bite, I had half the bar for lunch with lots of water and felt full, so I put the bar down and picked it up again 45mins later, did the same with the water, its now gone 3pm and I still dont feel hungry.

Ive done a litre of water so far today and should do another litre before the days up.

I dont know what the normal lose is but if you think 5lbs a week, you would be at your target weight in 11 weeks!! By August, your be where you wanna be!

You can do it, just keep up with the water and fruit, I find cutting the fruit up and eating it through the day helps me.

Am I weird? Because I really like the shakes... hehe the bars.. hmm not so keen but sometimes i feel like I need actual food and not liquids so they are good for then.

Back