Weekend away

joyo

Hi!

Advice please. I am going away with family at the weekend. Only my OH knows I am doing this diet. My sister is on WW & is Soooooo against this type of diet that I just don't want to get into a discussion about it - especially as it is her birthday & that is why we are going away.

I can have my shake & bar for breakfast & lunch on saturday & breakfast on Sunday without too much hassle but want to be able to eat with everyone on Saturday night & Sunday lunch time.

Can you give me some suggestions for things that I can eat with everyone else / possibly eating out that will not chuck me out of ketosis. I am straight back to work on Monday so dont want to have to deal with the carb withdrawal headaches etc!

Thanks! Looking forward to lots of fantastic advice.

J

If you need to eat I would suggest you do Working Solution on those days. This would mean you could have something such as salad with plain chicken, prawns, fresh tuna etc. Do you have the little booklet that comes in the box? Since your sister is on a diet too she may be looking to have the same sort of thing anyway.
As to whether or not it will take you out of ketosis? Maybe or maybe not, sorry, it depends on your own body really. However, if it does take you out you will not have had many carbs and should be able to slip quite easily back in without really noticing.

Have a great weekend and let us know how you get on.

I've tended to find the carb withdrawals are practically non-existent after a weekend off. I suppose there's a big heave-ho into ketosis the first time round, but subsequently it doesn't seem to be quite so much of an issue.

But I wouldn't tempt fate too much :)

Back