weekend eaters?

LVLLM

Gold Member
How many of us are weekend off diet eaters? Im good all week, then it comes to friday and i feel as though i deserve a treat and then feel guilty about it the next day, which can sometimes lead to eating something else bad!
Is anyone else a struggler at the weekends? I know a couple of people on some of the forums here are (including myself).
Do you have any hints/tips to help me and any fellow weekendeaters?

Great idea for a thread... as you know Vicky, I'm a weekend eater. I can follow any diet like a pro during the week, but come the weekend, my brain seems to revert to my 80/20 stabilisation method of yesteryear when I was slim... duh!

The rare times I have managed to stick to plan at weekends (ok the last six, just this one went astray somewhat), I've planned meals + snacks down to the very last crumb and have followed it to the letter. No leeway. No spontaneity. Just following the plan!

<Works but it helps not to have a life or any friends!>

Jo I agree - no social life just stay in and be good actually thats just as bad for me!
Looks like WE are the only two weekend eaters?

I'm a weekend eater as well. Weigh in used to be friday now Thursday. Over weekend would pig out then be good during week. i agree with the no life and friends thing

how do you find it affects your weight loss though scottish?

hi vicky :D
i too struggle at weekends. am a saint in the week but come the weekend my house is always full of people and im always making food and snack on everything i shouldnt.
at least with my 'next' diet all food will be banned :sigh:

We ate out 3 times weekend just gone. When I'm being strict, I carry on low carbing at the weekend, and my Sunday results are great. A few weekend bad habits have crept in over the last month, but I'm not over indulging it has slowed my losses down. Back in the swing of it today though, as I'm peeing for Britain and my breath doesn't smell too good lol

I relate so much... Weekends are more challanging for me too wich is strange because I don't exercise (I workout or go for a walk every week days, so I think I should eat more when I exercise but that doesn't happen). Sometimes it looks like I gain 2 pounds during weekend and, then, I loose them during the week eating better and exercising a lot:p

at least with my 'next' diet all food will be banned :sigh:
what are you doing Julie???? you are nearly at goal!!!
Im the same Aline - maybe we need to fit some exercise in at the weekend?

tristar sounds like you back in ketosis hon x

Im planning on doing exercise at least one day this weekend (and not just housework!)

I'm a weekend eater too! I made my WI day Monday in the hope that I'd not spoil a good week with a lousy weekend. Now I have a sneek at te scales on Saturday morning. If I'm UP then I have 2 more days to correct that for Monday. If I'm down then I'll no want to undo that hard work with a silly binge!

Well, that's the plan behind it anyway!;)

starting exante today and i have loads to lose. ive lowered my bmi target so feels like im back to square one :sigh:
omg hon why!!!! thats teeny tiny! are you still not happy? good luck with exante dont think i could manage the tfr!

steph good idea re wi on a monday! but im not changing mine ;)

omg hon why!!!! thats teeny tiny! are you still not happy? good luck with exante dont think i could manage the tfr!

just still feel so fat and dont think im going to be any happier having a bmi of almost 25 so have lowered it and will see how i get on

I do SW so I save most of my syns during the week for the weekend and there is no reason to feel guilty because I know I have not used them during the week.

well best of luck Julie - will you be doing diary somewhere so i can keep up with how you getting on?

I'm exactly the same - I can have weeks where Monday to Friday I am 100% then the weekend hits and bang, it's all change. I think for me it's because of work I have a routine Monday to Friday, breakfast around 8am, lunch between 12pm and 1pm, dinner around 6/7pm but on the weekends because there's not the routine eating goes out the window as does the healthy healthy foods.

Im exactly the same - need the routine!

what are you doing Julie???? you are nearly at goal!!!
Im the same Aline - maybe we need to fit some exercise in at the weekend?
Im planning on doing exercise at least one day this weekend (and not just housework!)

Yes, it's a good idea, I just hope I'll put it into practice:p

Back