Weekend loser - these are my tips what are yours?

Great thread!! Weekends are so hard for me. I'm a social eater / drinker and when I have friends over I just want to get drunk and pig out!!

This weekend I'm going to try out new recipes to see if I can discover some quick junk food alternatives! :) xx

Great thread!! Weekends are so hard for me. I'm a social eater / drinker and when I have friends over I just want to get drunk and pig out!!

This weekend I'm going to try out new recipes to see if I can discover some quick junk food alternatives! :) xx

well done! I've successfully managed to adapt a few recipes that are as good if not better than take-aways

when it tastes great and you know it's not sending you off-track you can stare down the weekends

I've just quit booze altogether, cos I can have none or 15 pints but struggle with anything in-between!

you being younger I can see this would be hard for you if you have a good social life, think about white spirits and low-cal mixers (not white spirit!) I mean vodka, gin etc

I will stop now, I should not dispense drinking advice! lol

Well, I've lost just over 9lb since last wednesday!! I know its only water etc but its weight loss whatever it is. No cycling today as it was heaving it down. Probably a walk after dinner tonight though.
No alcohol either for 11 days which is good going for me.
You've done well Rod to lose 2st 7lb in just over 2 months. At this rate you'll hit your goal way before Dec.

You've done well Rod to lose 2st 7lb in just over 2 months. At this rate you'll hit your goal way before Dec.

cheers. I didn't intend to lose this much recently, I really struggled to get through and out of the 18-6 to 18-0 stone zone, for some reason since I went into the 17's it's fallen off me, I've lost 7lbs since last monday week - I have seriously upped the exercise though

Dec is still the target but I must admit I'd like to have 21lbs off before the 1st July, which is the OH's birthday - then the final stone to go, which I reckon will be a toughie as i've not weighed sub 16 stone practically forever

Keep up the good work Slim, it's a hard road we travel but will be worth it!

Thanks for this - a three day weekend coming up now.

i have two parties to go to too.

Steely resolve to stick to plan when I can

I WI on a Saturday morning so I can have a wee treat over the weekend. This then leaves me the week to stay focused. Seems to work for me. I agree about the booze. I am your typical binge drinker I suppose. Its all or nothing for me. So I rarely drink nowadays. One less thing for me to think about. The last time I had a drink was Christmas and that was a couple of Morgans and Diet Cokes!

Oh dear I came off plan in a big way last night - crips and chocolate eclairs and coke for a start. No syns for the day time though and straight back on plan for today. My target member mother was at the same party and got away syn free so it could have been done...... I just can't resist a bowl of crisps staring at me.

Oh dear I came off plan in a big way last night - crips and chocolate eclairs and coke for a start. No syns for the day time though and straight back on plan for today. My target member mother was at the same party and got away syn free so it could have been done...... I just can't resist a bowl of crisps staring at me.

crisps are my nemesis - what I do when I go to parties is take my own "nibbles"

which comprise carrot batons, cucumber batons and pepper slices

use the 0% fat yoghurt with half a clove of garlic minced in with mint or herbs etc or reduced fat humous - I guarantee all the other party goers will pinch some!

ok here comes another one, good luck everyone, stare it down, it's just two more days on the journey....

2 BBQ's at home this weekend, still lost weight!

Forget that burger n sausages exist, make your own healthy kebabs, awesome, plenty of salad, limited bread and potatoes

And take your own kebabs if invited to a BBQ, no-one will mind cooking them for you

Sounds fab, Rod. I had an unfortunate skirmish with a pack of Crumpets yesterday so just had a bowl of no point soup for tea! All will be fine, a little of what you fancy does you good and all that. :)

I struggle with every day!!! I'm retired so every one is the same for me tee hee :8855:

The alternative to weighing on a Friday is actually weighing on a Monday. The thought of mucking up over the weekend keeps you on track.

If you are going to a party and really want to have some alcohol then
1) stick to white spirts like vodka, gin or bacardi
2) try and make every other drink non-alcoholic
3) top up your first drink with more mixer and rub a bit of extra spirit just round the rim. You'll still taste the alcohol but be having far less therefore less calories and less likely for your will power to weaken later on.

Make a huge bowl of fresh fruit salad that includes lots of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) and melon. These are fuits that speed up weight loss. So when you feel a sweet craving or munchy attack coming on just grab some. It's there, it's instant which means you won't just grab something else that is less healthy.

Plan get together's with your friends that involve some activity - like a walk in the park, a visit to the swimming pool, 10-pin bowling, crazy golf - anything. BUT don't head off to the pub afterwards as a treat . . . unless you have giant will power and can stick to diet drinks or water.

PS tut-tut Rod for weighing more than once a week. I know you are doing this alone but all the big diet clubs tell you to stay away from the scales. Many people become obsessed with the numbers when they need to be obsessed with a healthier lifestyle.

Another great thread rod. I am off to ascot for the weekend and potentially could fall off the wagon in a big way. But I am taking my own picnic with home made SW potato salad, snackajack popcorn instead of crisps and fruit for pud with meringues. Another friend is on salad duty so i Will fill up on that. Champagne spritzers all day should help my syns last :) this weekend will not beat me!!

Back