Weekends off the diet!

Doing alright! My 4 year old needs glasses just as I thought. She's taking after me but a lot earlier. I started wearing specs at 9 years old. She's very excited about getting glasses and she dies look extremely cute in them. :) the little one, my baby, she's 3, is fine. Doesn't need specs but is still very naughty!
My diet is going OK. I doubt I'll make my 8 lb goal, but at least it gives me something to aim for instead of settling for just the 2lb. After gaining last week, that's not an option.
Also decided to cut m hair again. Thinking of something a la Rihanna! Lol! I'm trying to lose weight fast so the cut suits me better. OH is back tomorrow. I hope he sees a difference, that should spur me on.

BG! It's only 7 weeks to Christmas. You can do it!
OH got back tonight. He took one look at me and gasped, whispered 'slimee' ( so as not to wake the kids). He's rather impressed. I'm now down by just over 5lb. I did have Wednesday off and ate lots of 'naughty' stuff, so I'm making up for it by staying on the diet tomorrow and having just Sunday off this weekend. We're going to a barbecue/ bonfire tomorrow evening. I'll have to be really strict. It's not going to help, me volunteering to be on the BBQ stall for an hour. self control needed big time!!!
Here's hoping I can lose another 2.55 lb by Sunday morning. I don't think so either :-D
Having dinner at a friend's on Sunday so I have something to look forward to.

Yes BG! It's really nice when they notice. How're you getting on?

My kids were telling me how pretty I looked today. I fit into a dress that I'd struggled so much to fit in, I'd ripped the lining and broken the clasp at the end of the side zip. hahaha! Today I got it on without a fight.

Lost 6lb this week, not quite my 8lb goal, but I decided not to diet on Saturday like I'd planned. I've had Sat and Sun off and I'm back on tomorrow. Hopefully I'll stick to it all week. I'm so pleased that there's a change in my face and I don't look as fat in the face now. That's what really bugged me. I'm hoping for a 4lb loss this week, aiming high to make me work hard. So I'm going to try to do some exercise at least twice this week too.
Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

So DD stayed home today. I was looking forward to a child free day today so as to get some exercise in. I'm also not feeling 100% with coughing and tiredness from sleepless night with DD. Not in the mood for jumping around, but sticking to my diet. I'm going to up my water intake today. I'm also avoiding the scales this week. Don't want to get disheartened after my feasts on sat and sun :)
Ill TRY to wait till sat morning to weigh myself.
Now to get out of bed, stop being a lousy mum and feed the kids some lunch.

Another day off school for DD. another difficult night. Full of cold and cough and fever and tummy pain. Poor baby, she doesn't know how to blow her nose, she keep inhaling deeply instead. Hope she's better soon :-( I've also got mild symptoms and hope it stays mild.
OH is away until friday again. He left last night, forgetting to take the bins out before he left, after I asked him not to forget grrrr!!!
Well, I'll be sticking to the diet this week. I feel positive. 12st 8 must be on the scales on sat morning!
It doesn't look like I'll be getting much exercise this week. Maybe next week.
Dare I say this..... I'm getting my old 'slim' clothes out of the loft. Or maybe I should wait till I'm down to 12 stones which should be hopefully in about 4 or 5 weeks.
I'm amazed and pleased at how focused I am again and how much in control I am. I hope this lasts, and if I should fall off the wagon, I hope I'll be sensible and not ruin all my hard work.

Hope your little girl is feeling better :(

7 weeks to xmas - arrghh - I can't believe you posted that. I really need to get on with things then. Blimey, running out of time to lose weight, organise the wedding, do the xmas shopping . . . . Panic now setting in.

You'll be fine. No panic. There's loads of time really. :)
First DD is getting better, second one has come down with it now but is as cheeky as usual this morning.
I've had a naughty couple of days so I need to basically starve myself for the next 2 days. Sticking to very low carb like 5g and only 400kcal should do it! I should get a 2 lb loss for this week. Hopefully! It's difficult sticking to the diet while at home with poorly kids but I don't want to go backwards again. It's time my diary got a bit more positive and I actually LOSE weight rather than just complain and find reasons for why I can't do it.

Good for you - a good positive attitude helps, but sometimes a kick up the bottom is better :)

Not the best start to the day. Scales exactly the same as yesterday even though I was good. I guess TOTM in a few days is responsible. I hope so. I'm ready to forget it and start again next week. I'll try not to do that though. But as I'm not in the best of moods anyway, I don't know what I'll do. Shouldn't have weighed myself! Oh well. Weekend off will make me happier.

Hi Cee

Darn that TOTM, it has a lot to answer for. I was thinking on this the other day, why dod women get all the crap and men just get the play ground. Then my 2yo head butted his dad in the playground and as he crumpled to the floor I did think 'well at least we are not so clearly vulnerable in such an obvious and stupid place!'

Sorry - I digress. So, how are you doing? Take each day as it comes and just keep on working at each pound. YOu can do it. Don't just give up for the weekend, tell yourself that if you can get to the end of today, tomorrow you can decide on then!

It's a tough life being a woman. Sigh! Anyway, I caved in yesterday. I've put 2lb on this morning. I'm trying to tell myself to hold on as it the blasted TOTM in about 5 days but it's not helping. My face has blown up already and I'm trying hard to feel positive. My thinking was this, as I'll be fasting today till tomorrow,( for religious reasons) I thought it would be OK for me to eat last night. This means I'll have a small breakfast and then nothing till lunch time tomorrow. I will try really hard to eat sensibly at lunch and dinner tomorrow. The diet continues on Monday! Fingers crossed. I'm planning some low carb meals. 2 grilled chippolattas and an egg this morning. Lamb chops and veg for Sunday lunch and a sandwich for later. I'll have sugar free jelly and whipped cream for dessert, an egg white pancake with a sweetened quark topping, or a low carb bar. Unfortunately it'll have to be an Atkins bar which has lots of fat, but I have no CD bars. So hopefully by Monday, I can get back on to my VLC& low carb diet. My goal for three weeks from now is to lose 10 lb! High target to make me work hard.
Hopefully the kids will be back to nursery and school and I'll have a couple of days to myself to exercise a little. I'll probably just sleep lol!
Ok, sorry to bore you with all this, just thinking and planning aloud. :)

Sharing is good. Planning is good for control too.

I have been quite good all weekend, until this evening when I have decided after a very long day to have a glass or two of wine, and OH is making sausage and egg. Which I will have to try.

Egbert, like you, I've been naughty today, but nothing serious. I'm trying to fill up on fruit so I don't get tempted to get more icecream and choc biscuits. Back on track tomorrow? We can do this. Let's try to get a 100% proper good girl week this week, no matter what comes our way, and that should get us going again. It's easier for me knowing I'll be having a day or 2 off at the weekend.
What's your goal for this week? Mine is 4lb! Since I was pretty naughty most of last week, my system should go into shock when I start again...that's the theory lol! How I'm going to achieve a 4lb loss, I'm not exactly sure, as TOTM water retention will be about 3-4lbs. Maybe I should aim for STS lol!
I think I'm going to join a gym, not because I like gyms, but because I need to do something on my own, for me, without OH or kids, somewhere I can go when OH has annoyed me, and I can burn calories and release some endorphins. My own little getaway. Let's see if I actually do it!!

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:
OK, it's nothing that exciting but I was just looking at my weight losses and I HAVE SEEN A TREND! I tend to put on weight at the weigh in after my TOTM has started.:doh: Looking at my signature and my calendar of TOTM (sorry if this is too much info, click away if you feel sick lol)
So, my Aug TOTM started on the 24th and I weighed 6.5lb more on the 27th, I got disheartened by this and went awol for a month. Came back and lost weight for 2 weeks and then, TOTM was 19th OCT, I put on 5.5lb at my 22nd Oct weigh in, lost weight the following 2 weeks and now Nov TOTM is due on 16th, which means TOTM comfort eating and water retention theory is true! I'm going to try to beat it this time. I won't give in to comfort eating or give up if the scales aren't saying what I like to hear! I'm ready for this war! Bring it on hormones!!!!:girlpower::girlpower:

Egbert, like you, I've been naughty today, but nothing serious. I'm trying to fill up on fruit so I don't get tempted to get more icecream and choc biscuits. Back on track tomorrow? We can do this. Let's try to get a 100% proper good girl week this week, no matter what comes our way, and that should get us going again. It's easier for me knowing I'll be having a day or 2 off at the weekend.
What's your goal for this week? Mine is 4lb! Since I was pretty naughty most of last week, my system should go into shock when I start again...that's the theory lol! How I'm going to achieve a 4lb loss, I'm not exactly sure, as TOTM water retention will be about 3-4lbs. Maybe I should aim for STS lol!
I think I'm going to join a gym, not because I like gyms, but because I need to do something on my own, for me, without OH or kids, somewhere I can go when OH has annoyed me, and I can burn calories and release some endorphins. My own little getaway. Let's see if I actually do it!!

Right - you are on :D

4 lbs this week it is - I have weigh in on Thursday and right now weigh the same as I did last weigh in, so 4 lbs would be good for me. Water, SS and some determination required!

Since it is 730 pm and so far I have had 2 cups of coffee and no water, I better get on track!
:rolleyes::sigh:

Soooo, not very good on the diet this week. Gonna try again from tomorrow. Gotta keep trying and never give up. I don't want this hormonal eating/ bingeing to get the better of me. I will make a plan and stick to it. I will do this somehow. OH has planned to have takeaway this weekend. I'm going to start today to be good and try not to overindulge.
Why is this so hard?? At least I don't get despondent everytime I break the diet, like i used to. I can now just pick myself up and start again. Here's hoping for more self control tomorrow.

Well I failed at that 4 lbs but I intend to do it next week, starting Sunday! No cheating. Lots of water. Pee factory starting here.

Hw you doing? Better than me I hope.

Doing worse I think. Eating way too much. Put on weight of course. On the bright side I've just booked a holiday to Portugal for a week with some girlfriends. No OH! No kids! In 3 weeks. Looking forward to it. So, I now have the incentive to be serious about losing weight. I only have 3 weeks to make myself look presentable. Might try CD again, if it doesn't make me depressed! I'll start on Monday.sunday is too difficult a day to start dieting. Good luck for this week. Stay strong.

Back