Weekends off the diet!

Cee - I have a business lunch wth some clients on Wednesday - they are taking me out to Frankie and Bennies so I cant refuse. I am just going to have to choose something light! A bit annoyed about it as I have just geared up to restart completely on my diet but as I have to go, I will just have to be sensible.

No excuse for slacking off though - a small light lunch and back on the diet!

Egbert, you can do it. Keep focused and you'll be fine.

Katierose, look how much weight you're losing!!! You've really gotten into the zone haven't you? Well done!!! I'm doing so-so. I want to lose this weight but I don't seem to have the drive. I don't even know what diet I want to do right now which isn't helping. I'm trying to do my weekends off diet but I just can't get into it right now. Also my appetite has returned with a vengeance. I lost it in the first week on the meds and lost almost 7lbs in a week. Now I'm eating like I used to again and putting it back on. I'm however not in the 'I GIVE UP' mode, I'm still planning to get it off, and I know I can do it.
So, have you started getting any comments about your weight loss?

Hi Cee,
Thank you for your kind comments and support. :D Noone has really noticed yet I reckon another couple of stone then maybe people will notice.. :) I am in the zone but am just taking it day by day sometimes hour by hour ..
You can do it, You ve had alot to deal with and it does take time to adjust to the meds etc xx:D

How are you doing today Cee?

Rubbish! TOTM and selfish OH!! How're you doing?

Ello lovey.how you doing? Any better?

Hi ladies. I'm feeling better thanks Egbert. TF&G, it's been too long. Welcome back!! Ready to get going again. I'm going to be more organised with my meals. That should help me stay focused. Hopefully.

I know sorry to abandon you cee, but i am back and determined to focus now. Have started going to a pool to try and strengthen stomach muscles (they are under there somewhere). How is your plan working out??

How are you doing today? What mad weather we are having, it's making me want wine and beer!

Hi Egbert and TF&G, not doing great. Haven't lost or gained any weight so that's comforting. I have been on partial strike at home and have not been cooking much leading to Chinese, Yo Sushi, Peri Peri Chickenland (twice) all in one week. I'm hoping I can start again properly on Monday. Looking for sone motivational reminders to place around the house. How are you guys doing?

Michelleo, are you sure you have the right thread, this one is full of my moaning and not much information :)
Today I tried to get back on to my Weekends off diet but eventually ended up just trying to eat less and eat healthier. So far so good. I'm so fed up of dieting, I just want to be able to eat like someone without food issues and be a healthy weight.
We're also thinking of having another baby. I'm trying to decide whether to lose weight only to put it all back on and more when I get preggers, or just get the baby having out of the way first and then try to lose the weight. The problem is I'll hate the sight of myself getting fatter. I think I need to be at least 12 stones, and really try to eat healthily so I don't put on too much weight. I'll also lose it slowly so it doesn't pile back on quickly. Oh! I don't know!!!!

Well - congrats on trying for a baby. And if you dont want to 'diet' now, then it wont work, I really think you have to be in the right frame of mind. I hope you find a solution that makes you happy hun :)

I did decide not to bother dieting until after we had our 2 kids, which is why i am now on the mission. It was hard to get started, but I am loving the compliments now - perhaps you will be more ready for it after your baby. x

I agree with egbert, why not leave the whole dieting thing until you have it straight in your mind about what you really want. We all know how hard it is to stay focused if your goals are confused, and that includes diets, relationships, jobs. Have you put your thoughts and pros and cons on paper and discussed it with your partner? Perhaps he is unaware of all this stuff swirling around in your head? Or have you managed to find a councillor yet? As you know I lost my focus recently and went AWOL! But I have refocused and come back, but I am not saying that I won't leave the path of dieting righteousness again, but I am pleased I am back before too much damage was done and my usual path would have been to give up!

Hi guys, I agree with you both about holding off dieting until I'm 'ready', but I hate the sight of myself when I look in the mirror. If I could just lose 1 stone I'd be much happier, and I'd could settle with that until after the baby comes. I have spoken to OH about all the stuff in my head and he also thought I should leave it until after but he also understands that I don't like the way I look and I don't want to pile on pregnancy weight on top of my current weight.
I decided to just do something less strict and just aim to lose 2lbs a week. I'm going to try to start exercising and hope I can stick to it. I'm not going to give up!

Not sure what to suggest babe - you know you want to diet, you want to feel better and lose weight, but you have trouble sticking to it - like most people I guess. Being in the right frame of mind is the only way it worked for me - and being stubborn once I started. Hope you find an answerxx

Thanks Egbert, I'll get there and stay there sometime! I just have to try different things till I find what I can do long term. I lost a little last week, hope it continues!

Tanks Katierose. How's it going?
I'm going through a complete change and have decided to just cut down instead of being drastic as that doesn't always work for me. I plan to exercise when I can too. Don't think I'll lose much by next week as it's TOTM next week and the juncture have started setting in. I'm doing more cooking now and waiting with the kids.
OH is still being a pain and I look forward to him going away on his business trips! Lol!
I'm so sleepy all the time now. I slept from 8pm till 7 am this morning and still fell asleep at 10.30 am. My 3 year old woke me because I was 'snoring too loud' lol!

Back