Weeklies

*angie*

loves food and cooking
.. does it matter *when* I use my weeklies?

I weigh in on Monday and have basically saved them ALL, knowing that I have a few meals out this weekend and to stay inside my points I will need to use the weeklies now rather than earlier... Now however I am worried that it would have been better to use them earlier in the week rather then just before weigh in.

Any thoughts - I know *in theory* I can use them anytime but does it really work like that?

Personally I like to use all mine over the weekend and I weigh in on a Friday. It's just a matter of trial and error to find what works best for you. I use mine on the weekend cos that's when it suits me rather than how it effects my weight loss.

yeah i use mine on a weekend as thats when i tend to need them because of alcohol or takeaways etc...
but i dont suppose it matters really, i second the trial and error thing tho! u deffinately need to try it out n see what works for u... use them on a weekend n gt weighed on a mon n see what the scales say then try using them in the week n see what the scales say the week after

I use all mine at weekends and so far it works for me, my wi is Tuesdays, but I agree with the others its just a matter of trail & error. Good luck x

My WI is Mondays aswel and I try to avoid using all my weeklies on te weekend as even tho you still lose I think you may not lose as much, I think you maximise your loss on a scale if you uses them tue/wed instead of the night before WI

but

if I had meals to go to on a weekend/night out I would save then for the weekend

I weigh on Mondays too, and if I use too many weeklies at the weekend then I gain at WI :(

So I use half early in the week and it seems to be okay.

Hi! I tend to split them throughout the week in small doses! But I would like to ask something regarding weeklies: do you usually consume all of your 49? I try to limit myself to 30. But I was wondering if feeling more free and maybe loosing a bit slower wins the race after all. What are your views?

My leader says the ones that lose the most eat all their dailies and weeklies. I have done both using them thru the week and over a Fri/sat/sun only and haven't found a difference when I weighed in on Sat or now when WI is a Tuesday.

The way I see it is I have them where I need them and don't let the days of the week affect that.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I know *in theory* I should be able to allocate my weekly points whenever I want to use them, I suppose I will just have to see how my body reacts to using them a few days before weigh in.

On one hand I don't want to 'spoil' my weigh, on the other I have saved them up because I want to use them!

And on that note I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight :D

what u having

My husband wanted to cook a pear tatin recipe to match a small bottle of desert wine which we were given as a gift.. It is unusual for him to want to cook, but he was so keen (and he told me at the start of the week) so I wanted to encourage him! There is nothing diet about this at all and it is going to use a lot of points... I will count them up once I know the weight of the pastry he's using...

So we are also having a very low point prawn and veg stir fry before hand to at least not blow it off the scale!!

Hi! I tend to split them throughout the week in small doses! But I would like to ask something regarding weeklies: do you usually consume all of your 49? I try to limit myself to 30. But I was wondering if feeling more free and maybe loosing a bit slower wins the race after all. What are your views?

I never use my weeklies and if I do I use max of 5, I don't feel like I need them at the moment so I won't use them...
In a couple of weeks though I have a night out so will be using all 49 on drink in 1 night

i have good losses without using all my weeklies, so eating more in my case doesn't always mean I will lose more

Well, it was lovlely :)

Dinner last night came to 29pp including the stir fry, the wine and the desert - far more than I would usually spend on a single meal (over the whole day I used 18 weeklies in addition to my usual 26), but *exactly* how I wanted to use up some of my saved weeklies.

So back to normal daily points today but in the knowledge that this plan may work well for me. If I need them, I still have about 19 weeklies left anyway but I'm not sure I will need them between now and WI ...

i have the same problem, i weigh in on a Monday and usually have a takeway (usually a curry at the weekend) but i didn't use any weeklies last week in-case they effected my weight loss on the Monday :(

If you really miss the curry have it (within your pp) and see how your loss is on mon, if u gain or sts then maybe try and change weigh in night to a thur/fri

If you really miss the curry have it (within your pp) and see how your loss is on mon, if u gain or sts then maybe try and change weigh in night to a thur/fri

Yeal ill give it a go..think a diff WI day will be best option...dont think my daily allowance would stretch to my curry ;) haha

I was going to change WI day but as much as its a pain I like weighing on a mon as I know I gotta be good on the weekend which is the time I'm most likely to fall of the wagon

Back