Weekly Food diary

Lelebon

Hi, This is my 1st ever thread,:newbie: i have recently started slimming world diet, once again, however cant really afford to join the classes. Im one of those people who gets bored easily with the same foods, so i have dusted off my saucy secrets book and prepared a fantastic menu plan each week for the last 5 or so weeks,(since 11/01/2010) So far so good, i have lost 9lbs :scale:and my partner (who doesnt need to loose weight) enjoys the meals too:candledinner:. I wanted to post a weekly menu that i found was easy and very tasty. the good thing was my boyfriend and i ate the same thing, no need to cook two different things!!! any way, i hope this helps and would love you to try it out. all the recepies are ment to serve 4 people *cringe* i ate half of them. :gimi: but as the syn values are so low it doesnt matter, i have found not only do i have more energy, my skin is also very clear after folowing this week, due to all the fresh veg and fruit. let me know what you think
I have also added a shopping list at the bottom of page if anyone wants to follow it presise :checkmark:. (not everyday have the whole 10syns so you can even eat more :drool:)

PLEASE TRY THE RECEPIES, THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you think, Thanks for reading this.
:thankyou:

Day 1: (RED DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
Lunch: Ham salad sandwich: (3 slices of nimble with ham and lettuce(and boiled egg if you want) between.NO BUTTER!) Mullerlight yoghurt, Apple, 2 Finger kitkat
Dinner: BBQ Chicken cheese melt and fresh veg: (wrap chicken breast in bacon and wrap that in foil and bake in oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees. when cooked open out and put in a roasting dish and cover with the bbq sauce(recepie to follow) and grate 28oz of cheese on the top and place under the grill until melted. serve with boiled fresh veg (can use some potato as 6 syns if weighed out)
Snacks: Mullerlight yoghurts, fruit, free foods...(free as in syn free, not £ free)

DAY 2: (GREEN DAY)

Lunch: Jacket Potato and beans, cotage cheese and salad, mullerlight yoghurt, apple, 2 finger kitkat
Dinner: Lasagne, chips and salad (recepie to follow)
Snacks: 2 alpen light bars, mange tout, mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 3: (RED DAY)

Lunch: Chicken and boiled egg salad, nice salad like lettuce, beetroot, tomato, peppers etc. mullerlight yoghurt, apple, 2 finger kitkat
Dinner: Salmon in parsley sauce,veg and new potato's. Wrap salmon in foil and bake in oven for 25mins at 180 degrees. Once donetake skin off salmon and put on plate, pour the sauce over fish and veg (recepie to follow).
Snacks: mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 4: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
Lunch: Pasta in a tomato and chilli sauce (recepie to follow)
Dinner: Sweet and sour (Quarn) chicken,chips and rice (recepie to follow)Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars, Mange Tout, Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 5: (RED DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
Lunch: Ham salad sandwich: (3 slices of nimble with ham and lettuce(and boiled egg if you want) between.NO BUTTER!) Mullerlight yoghurt, Apple, 2 Finger kitkat
Dinner: Beef Stirfry, with noodles in a cantonese sauce,: Fry beef in fry light, add pepper stirfry veg pack, and noodles, then mix in the sauce when cooked through (recepie to follow)
Snacks: Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 6: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: Mushroom, cheese, ham and spring onion omelate (cooked in fry light)
Lunch: Pasta in Mushroom and garlic sauce (recepie to follow)
Dinner: Bangers and mash: Quarn sausages, mash potato with peas and onion gravy (recepie to follow)
Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars, Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 7: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: Full breakfast: fried egg, tomato, beans, quarn sausages, mushrooms, nimble toast x3 potato slices-cooked in oven (all cooked in fry light if need oil)
Lunch: (if you need lunch) jacket potato, beans, cottage cheese and salad, mullerlight yoghurt, 2 finger kitkat
Dinner: Chicken roast dinner. Chicken breast, parsnips, peas, mash, roasties, broccoli, carrots, yorkshire pudding, onion gravy (recepie to follow) (all cooked in fry light if need oil)
Snacks: do you really need snacks today??? Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, syn free chips.

Recepies:

BBQ CHICKEN - free

You Need:

Fry light
1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp sweetner
4 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp worchester sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and pepper

1. Spray a pan with frylight and sate the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 mins until softened

2. stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

3.(optional) i find it was nice mushed down slightly in a food processor, but optional

LASAGNE - free

You need:

2 onions, peeled and chopped
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 carrots, peeled and diced
568ml/1pt beef stock
1 pack of quorn mince
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp tomato puree
basil
thyme
oregano
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp sweetner
Pack of skwartz cheese sauce mix (for the lasagne white sauce bit) (6syns)

1. Place the onions, garlic, carrots, and half the stock in a pan. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 10 mins.

2. Add the Quorn mince and cook until browned, add remaining stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and sweetner. bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Layer the lasagne sheets, cheese sauce and mince alternatively. cook in oven for about 40 mins
PARSLEY SAUCE - 1 1/2 syns per serving

You need:

2 level tsp cornflour
142ml/1/4pt skimmed milk
142ml/1/4pt vegetable stock
113g/4oz very low fat natural fromage frais
4tbsp parsley
salt and pepper
1. Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk. place in a panwith the remaining milk, add the veg stock and bring to the boilstirring all the time. reduce heat and simmer, stirring continuously until thick.

2.Pour in the fromage frais and parsley and gently heat through(do not boil or the fromage gfrais will curdle) season to taste
TOMATO and CHILLI SAUCE - free

You need:

454g/1lb plum tomatoes
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, Un peeled
1 red chilli, halved and de-seeded
fry light
142ml/1/4 pt chicken stock (made with bovril)
salt and pepper
1.pre-heatovento 220degrees. toss together thetomatoes, onion, red pepper, garlic and chilli in a large roasting tin. spray with fry light and roast for 25 mins

2. remove from oven and squeese the garlic cloves out of their skins, mix in with the veg and put in a pan

3. Pour in the chicken stock and use a food processor to mix it together to make a sauce

SWEET SOUR SAUCE - 1 1/2 syns per serving

You need:

113g/4oz canned pineapple chunks in juice
5tbsp chicken stock made with bovril
2tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp wine vinegar
4tbsp orange juice
1tsp sweetner
1 level tbsp tomato puree
2 level tsp cornflour
salt and pepper

1. Drain the pineapple reserving the juice and then put the juice in a pan with the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, sweetner and tomato puree.

2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins, mix the cornflour with 2tsp water until smooth and stir into the sauce, heat gently until thickened and remove from the heat.

3. Cut the pineapple into smaller pieces and stir into the sauce, season to taste
CANTONESE SAUCE - 2 syns per serving

You Need:

Fry light
1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
142g/5oz baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters
1tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp each minced garlic and ginger
255ml/9fl oz chicken stock made with bovril
198ml/7fl oz unsweetened pineapple juice (i used orange juice)
1 level tbsp cornflour
113g/4oz fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
salt and pepper

1. spray pan with fry light and heat up, fry red pepper, onion, and baby sweetcorn for 5 mins until slightly softened

2. add chill powder, garlic, ginger and fry for 3-4 mins. pour over the stock and pineapple juice, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 mins

3. mix the cornflour to a paste with 1 tbsp water and stir into the sauce and heat, stirring continuously until thickened. remove from heat and stir in the pineapple chunks, season to taste
GARLIC AND MUSHROOM SAUCE - 1/2 syn per serving

You need:

10 cloves of garlic
fry light
340g/12oz button mushrooms, chopped
113ml/4fl oz chicken stock made with bovril
4 tbsp buttermilk
4 tbsp parsley

1. pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. place the garlic (unpeeled) on a baking sheet, spray with fry light and bake for 15 mins or until softened. remove from the oven and gently squeeze the cloves out of skins.

2. Heat a pan sprayed with fry light add the mushrooms and fry until tender, stir in the chicken stock bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 mins

3. Allow to cool a little. pour in the buttermilk and parsley and blend until nearly smooth, heat before serving.
ONION GRAVY - 1 syn per serving

You need:

Fry light
2 red onions,peeled and cut into wedges
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
426ml/3/4 pt chicken stock made with bovril
1 level tbsp cornflour
1. spray a pan with fry light and cook the onions and garlic until soft

2. add chicken stock and continue to cook for 10 mins

3. mix he cornflour with a dash of water to make a paste, add to the gravy, reduce the heat and simmer until the gravy thickens. serve immediately

SHOPPING LIST:
(For recepies:)

Onion x 4
Red onions x 2
Garlic Cloves x 16 so about 3 garlic things
Carrots x 2
Mushrooms x 2 packs
Ginger x mediun sized piece
Baby sweetcorn x 1 piece
Red chilli x 1
Red pepper x 2
Mild Chilli powder
Basil
Thyme
Oregano
Parsley
Mustard powder
Schkwartz cheese saucemix x 1
Bovril - chicken x 1 and beef x 1
Passatta x 1
Can chopped tomatoes x 1
Can of plum tomatoes x 1
Can of pineapple pieces x 2
Tomato puree
Worchester sauce
vinegar
sweetner
Salt and pepper
Cornflour
Soy sauce
Orange squash
Milk
Fromage frais
Butter milk

(General:)

Weetabix
Bannana's
Apple
Ham
Nimble
Mullerlight yoghurts
Kitkats
Chicken
Cheese
Bacon
Veg-Broccoli, carrots, etc
New potato
Jacket potato
Beans
Cottage cheese
Salad
Lasagne sheets
Potato
Alpen light bars
Eggs
Salmon
Pasta
Quorn pieces
Quorn mince
Beef
Fry light
Noodles - dried
Pepper stir fry mix
Quorn sausages
Tomato
parsnips
peas

wd hun 9lbs is amazing
and thank you u have just made my life so much easier next week gonna follow it next week

Well done Lelebon on your loss and the food diary looks great- thanks for the recipes too- some great ideas there! The more inspiration I can get the better! I must invest in the saucy secrets book- I've been meaning to for a while and I think it will make life so much easier!X

Thanken you funcurls and tinkerbellsmum,
I really hope you like the recepies, spesh try the bbq sauce-its awesome.:drool:
I know the shopping list is quite daunting too...however i shop weekly and my shopping bill this week is £15!!! as i only need the basics like chicken, natural yogurt and fruit etc. so once you have all the stuff on that list it really lasts ages!!:clap:
im so excited, hehe, first time ive done this so please let me know if its any good and ill get some more recepies up. :peep:

if you can get hands on that book i would def reccomend it, but also if you want a sauce then let me know and ill check the book for you.

oh, and made the red onion sauce yesterday for my MASSIVE green day roast.....one suggestion....dont use red onions, use normal ones...it doesnt dye your chicken or mash.

Keep posting BYE XXXX:grouphugg:

Back