Extra Easy Weekly Meetings

Emmzz

Hi Guys

I am new to this blog but glad that I have found it as I feel like it could give me the support I need. I am not sure if anybody else feels the same as I do about the weekly meetings. I go and do the weigh in but then dont feel like staying. I don't like the way the meetings are structured. They say that they dont do humiliation but then when the leader stands there and goes threw everybody's weight lose or gain for that week I feel that is humiliating. I dread sitting there and waiting until they get to me, if you have had a good week then its fine but it puts me off going on a bad week, which is when I need to go the most.

If any body could offer me advice as to if this is how other meetings are ran or if I should just put up with it then I am open to suggestions.

Oh bless Emmzz - I think that's the usual structure of the groups. The one I went to was exactly the same but I know that there's certainly no intention to humiliate.
My C never quoted announced actual gains, but when she went around the group & got to someone who had gained, she'd just ask if they knew where they might have come unstuck that week and if they needed any help or advice from her, or the rest of the group.
I must admit, i never really liked it either but mainly because I felt it wasted so much time (when she didn't control the group and it went on & on & on).

Perhaps have a word with your C and tell her how you feel about it. Staying to group, especially when you get over that part of it, can be really enlightening and it's where I picked up some valuable info.

You can ask your consultant not to pick you out in group, I tend to prefer talking whether I've lost or gained as it encourages me to stick to plan and helps getting advice from others x

I never stay to the meetings either as I don't like the going over losses and gains of the whole class. I could really do with staying to the meetings to get all the hints and tips but this site is like my best friend instead!!! x

Personally on my first day I felt excay like that but I've stayed to every meeting since and I'm glad. If we have a gain our C asks of we're happy for the amount to be mention or infact wether we want the gain mentioned at all. Luckily I haven't had a gain yet I'm sure I will at some point as its only natural but there have been a couple in my group that have and they seem really pleased with the support and help they get going forwar. Give it a couple of weeks and your best shot I'm sure like me your feel completely different! :) x

yeah, I felt humiliated last week. It has been mine and my partners 30th birthdays, so I have gained, I had thought about not starting until after all the celebrations but thought 'no time like the present' so just got on with it. Last week my C told me not to get used to having such a small gain if I continued to cheat the plan. I felt like a naughty child. I knew what I had done to get the gain, I had made that choice. I have had my birthday this weekend, so again I will likely have gained more and it makes me not want to go to group after the last one.

My group is different my c just goes around the people that has won awards or had a really good loss....and talk about parts of the plan in debth to get us all motivated and make sure were all doing it right, much rather than going through evrryones losses and gains...boringgg x

Mine goes round doing everyone's losses and gains

This is embarrassing especially when I've had issues with my crohns. Feel like being "poorly" is always my excuse. .. its humiliating sometimes and really just some encouragement is what's needed

I have been popping to another group and just weighing. ..and going back to work!

Give it a few weeks then check out another group maybe? ? The daytime one I go to is so friendly. . Would love to attend that one!

Keep at it.. diff consultants have very different styles xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My group is different my c just goes around the people that has won awards or had a really good loss....and talk about parts of the plan in debth to get us all motivated and make sure were all doing it right, much rather than going through evrryones losses and gains...boringgg x

I suppose everyone is different, and certainly every consultant has a different slant on things but for me I wouldnt be really happy with this. All through my journey I was a struggler, never every gained I hasten to add, just a very slow loser but I got there. If my loss, sometimes only half a pound, had not been mentioned, I would have felt it wasnt worth much and only the larger losers weight loss was worthy of a mention. That would actually have really demotivated me. As it was, she said, "another half pound lost, well done, bit by bit you will get to that target if you keep on doing what youre doing., well done."Although I was often disappointed when the loss was so small and I was always on plan, this little bit of encouragement and clapping from my friends at group spurred me on to continue. :)

Our group the same - all our Consultant does for a whole hour is go round the group discussing the pounds lost or gained by each individual and asks what they 'want to predict for next week'. There is no time for discussion, no ideas or tips really - I thought this must be how each group worked but perhaps not

I suppose a lot also depends on how big the group is. If we have a lot staying she may well say, "Anyone lost half pound,one pound, two and so on until everyone has had their turn but it is a bit quicker that way even though all have had their minute. Our consultant always starts off with news,asks if anyone has made anything different,goes over everything on the interest table, then she goes over the awards, S O T W, and then starts with the individual members on the pda. Its a formula which seems to work in our group. :) Lastly she does the raffle which I organise for her. :)

My group is good but I have some major reservations with my c. She has no interest in exercise and acts like it's meaningless, also she often puts her personal spin on sw things. She doesn't actually say things that are against sw principles but skims details or puts things in a way to suit her view. Which I feel is misleading for new members. Kind of a my way or the highway attitude.

Hi Guys

I am new to this blog but glad that I have found it as I feel like it could give me the support I need. I am not sure if anybody else feels the same as I do about the weekly meetings. I go and do the weigh in but then dont feel like staying. I don't like the way the meetings are structured. They say that they dont do humiliation but then when the leader stands there and goes threw everybody's weight lose or gain for that week I feel that is humiliating. I dread sitting there and waiting until they get to me, if you have had a good week then its fine but it puts me off going on a bad week, which is when I need to go the most.

If any body could offer me advice as to if this is how other meetings are ran or if I should just put up with it then I am open to suggestions.

It's a shame you feel like that but this isn't humiliating though, humiliating would be "you've gained x kb this week, what on earth have you been doing cos you clearly haven't followed the plans" for example
ALL group meetings should be structured the same, the "going round the room" bit is how it should be done, with each person given an opportunity, at their time, to ask for help or support from the consultant or group. If consultants don't do rhis, they are not running their groups correctly.
You are quite right, if you've had a bad week, that's the week you need group more than ever.

No consultant would knowingly humiliate anyone. We are only human, talk to us!

This is why it is so important to talk to your consultant if you are not happy. They don't know that there is a problem if no-one tells them.

My point exactly. It's often about perception - someone might feel told off, but I doubt that would have been the intention! I get annoyed how people are told to find another group due to one comment, I'd be mortified if that happened and I was oblivious to it all. We are all only human!

My friend who is a consultant has members who don't like to be mentioned at all, members who don't want to know what their weight is, a member who will only be weighed by the consultant and not by the weighing lady, members who are quite happy for every loss or gain to be talked about by everyone, one member who has to be fetched in from the car park because she can't face walking through the door on her own, and she does her very best to accommodate them all.

But she can't do that if they don't talk to her. Consultants aren't superwomen (or men) or psychic - as Jaylou says, they are only human.

Back