Weekly Shop

donjon

Off to do family weekly shop tomorrow and was wondering if any of you guys find it much cheaper now that you are doing S&S or do you still buy your normal amount of family shopping. Trying to think of ways to cut down the weekly shopping to offset my s&s purchase, whilst not depriving the rest of the family with their usual items

It's just me and my husband so the weekly shop is cheaper, but I don't find the cost of S&S can be completely offset. Not everything you buy is food related, theres the household items and cleaning stuff, and I still need to buy fresh veg for me. Plus it doesn't cost half as much to feed half the people sadly :(
S&S is cheaper than other options though and in that sense you can recoup a much higher percentage of the cost each week!

Definitely cheaper. I make a menu for them. Shop to that and don't buy any extras now OH is following healthy eating plan. Gone from £80 + to around £50. Plus I was spending £5 a day in the sandwich shop beside my office so overall definitely spend less xx

Great idea about a menu for the family Scotbean. Will give that a go, as at the moment it was make 3 different suppers each night to please the brood.

Definitely cheaper. I make a menu for them. Shop to that and don't buy any extras now OH is following healthy eating plan. Gone from £80 + to around £50. Plus I was spending £5 a day in the sandwich shop beside my office so overall definitely spend less xx

I agree, since I made a menu for my family, my weekly shop has halved as I now only buy what we need instead of 'just in case' items. It's also a really good way for me to make sure my kids are getting enough fruit and veg, as sometimes before I'd just grab something out of the freezer for them.
If you want to save even more money and time, batch cooking is your friend ;)

I agree also, we work to a menu and I no longer buy sweets/chocolate/biscuits etc I bake instead which takes up my time and keeps me busy on my days off. So probably evens out cost wise

Back