Weekly treat?

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Too Heavy Hannah, 9 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Too Heavy Hannah

Too Heavy Hannah Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I was wondering if anyone has just one treat a week? Like a take away every weekend? I'm going out tomorrow and this is the first time since starting (only started weds! lol) But I know it's going to be a struggle!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey hun, i've only just re-started but when i did slimfast before (and lost a lot of weight) i did tend to have a weekly treat whether it was a few pints down the pub or a small portion of fish & chips and the weight still came off at a relatively good rate. However i think 'cheating' effects different people in different ways - some people can't deviate at all without it effecting their loss.
    I think its a case of give it a go and see what happens - just be sensible and remember that just because you've chosen to have one treat doesn't mean you've ruined your diet for the week.

4. samantha_wants_to_slim

samantha_wants_to_slim Full Member

Diet:
    SlimFast
    I was actually going to post this very question myself!

I'm going to a wedding reception tomorrow evening and i'm not sure of the best way to deal with eating.

Should I have my basic meals (bar for breakfast and shake for lunch) then take the healthiest options possible at the buffet?

5. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Definately have your shakes/bars as normal during the day. I think a lot of people make the mistake of not having anything during the day if they know they're going to cheat in the evening, so when the evening comes they're absolutely starving and scoff everything going!
    Have your shakes & in the evening if you feel you can take a healthy option and stick to it without feeling deprived then go for it, but if you're going to sit there feeling miserable while everyone else is eating and having fun then please let yourself have a bit of leeway & enjoy what they're having but be sensible about it & then the next day draw a line and start a fresh - it shouldn't effect your weight loss that much.

6. Too Heavy Hannah

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks Rayven :) I think i'll set saturdays as treat day, Just one meal, will keep an eye on things and make sure it doesn't mess things up! I think i'll be able to cope well if I know i've got that to look forward to :)

Day 3 today and feeling good, more energy already :D

Hope you have a good night tomorrow Samantha :)

7. samantha_wants_to_slim

Diet:
    SlimFast
    Thanks Rayven! I'm not gonna get desperately hungry - if i do then I know that I will eat everything going. If i can stick to healthy options then i will, but if i'm feeling that i can't then i won't force myself, but will NOT go overboard.

Hannah, I am on day 5 today and feeling really good. I've only had 2 minor wobbles but other than that have stuck to the plan really well. How are you finding it?

8. Too Heavy Hannah

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've had no wobbles yet, but I am REALLY hungry tonight :( I think it's because tea wasn't as filling as what i've had the other nights, i'll learn from it and not have that again! Having yet another cup of green tea to hopefully stop me munching!

9. samantha_wants_to_slim

Diet:
    SlimFast
    I'm ashamed to say that I've had ready meals every night since I started

BUT they have been Tesco Healthy Living ones - lots of veg and stuff too, and i have eaten more fruit and veg than usual........

10. Baronessvongogo

Baronessvongogo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Im really missing chips, so im gonna have oven chips with a low fat curry tonite as my treat :D lol its really sad that i'm excited over eating ships

11. Rayven

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Bless ya hun. If you're really missing something though you should have it and make sure you enjoy it without feeling guilty.

12. Too Heavy Hannah

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've been having Tesco healthy living ready meals and veg too, but last night I had a weight watchers mushroom thing with rice (can't remember what it was! lol) and instead of a big pile of veg I had a stir fry with it, looked like loads, but I was hungry again an hour after eating it! Sticking to piles of veg from now on!

13. Sun Lover

Sun Lover Member

Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    I'm the same, I thought for the first few days to get me into it I would have ready meals and loads veg, Sainsbury's have a selection of birds eye frozen meals on offer for 99p, they are all about 200/300 calories and the chilli OMG is fab. Had it the last 2 nights - very adventurous eh.

xx

14. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Hey Rayven

I do crave a naughty treat so if I keep tellin g myself no, eventually I get bored and stop trying, so I find its best to occassionaly treat myself!

However I have found I think, oh well I'm having a chinky for dinner, and I'll not be so good in the day. And if I do it too often I get out of the habit and feel I've cheated too much and stop doing Slimfast properly.

I like sticking to the routine of it to know I'm doing it how I.. should be. When I cheat I think I'm wasting my time and lying to myelf if I do it too often.

15. samantha_wants_to_slim

Diet:
    SlimFast
    I didn't go to the wedding reception this evening, so had a bit of my brother in laws chinese takeaway. I stuck to boiled rice and veg, so hopefully not done too much damage!

16. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Oh well done! If I'm getting chinese I'd be gutted only havin veg and rice lol!! I have to go all out at the chinky!

17. wilsjen

wilsjen Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    I think a treat a week is fine... just as long as your don't go way overboard! There is no point in making yourself miserable, if you want a chinese, have one, but make sure nothing is batter, and boiled rice, no starters etc - then maybe just do a quick 25 minute walk the next morning, will make you feel better about yourself!

I'm quite lucky cause I was never one for snacking, I would just eat rubbish at meal times and hence the weight gain. So it's actually quite difficult for me to eat my snack bar in the afternoons lol! And I never have cravings after my meal :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    ur lucky! If I open my desk drawer at work and see a snack I think about it on and on til Ive eaten it lol! I leave them out of sight now!! lol

20. Baronessvongogo

Baronessvongogo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol same here,i kno i can have the snack bar at 3.30, so i start thinking about it at 2.30 lol

21. jennybeth79

jennybeth79 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Ive not been really rigid with my food ...so Im sure its all going to explode in my face. Not sure it will work spliting the meal but it means I dont actually as yet feel like Im doing a diet. I guess its only day 4....still time to feel bad.

22. lisaloo1

lisaloo1 Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st9lb(47.27%)
    Diet:
    slimfast
    i go get weighed on a saturday morning then to mc donalds for a sausage and egg muffin meal, thats my weekly treat

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.