Weekly weigh in

Hi Bren

11 stone something....... it's brilliant isn't it. You must be so pleased. It really is a case of just plodding away at it isn't it.

Good to see the weights still dropping off you. Good luck for the week ahead. If I can do 3lb a week for the next 3 weeks I'll be very pleased. Christmas week will be my food week in any event and although I might go a little off the listed foods - plenty of veg for Christmas dinner and maybe a small piece of Christmas pud - I'm not going to go too mad and will be back on TS very quickly. That's one thing I've learnt doing the last 9 weeks - I don't have to greedily eat like it's the last chance I'm going to get. Any food I might like will always be there. I'm hoping that by end Jan I'll be a target and then I can slowly start to re-educate myself and control my eating properly. The thought of doing it is pretty scary as i love not having to think about food and what I'm going to eat but I've learnt alot about myself, why I ate so much and how I can control what goes in to my mouth if I choose to do so.

So pleased I didn't end up doing LL and having to listen to a load of psychobabble and listen to how it's all my parents fault for £66 per week!

Are you staying TS for the Christmas period Bren?

Julie x

Bren

Forget to ask you in last post if you would like the soups and bars that I don't like so won't be using. I don't want any swaps just the cost of the postage - I have too many to ask Exante to swap for shakes.

When I started this your advice and focus on what can be achieved really helped me get my head where it needed to be. If you would like them you can have them with my thanks.

If you're interested I'll let you know what I've got. All bought over the last 10 weeks.

Julie x

Hi Julie
I am planning on eating this Friday evening at my works Christmas party - an atkins style meal in an effort to stay in ketosis, no carbs and no alcohol, but after 20 weeks I don't feel that I need to drink to have a good time, can party just as hard without it! Then Christmas Day am planning a turkey and veg dinner, not sure about anything else at this stage, a lot will depend on how my body responds to Friday night!

I am really pleased that I could help you in the early days, it means a lot to know that. I had help from DreamingMaid and Sarah in my early days and it is invaluable and inspirational to see other people progress so well by doing it properly. If you are sure about the bars and soups I would be grateful and will send you the postage costs no problem - are you sure it is enough? If you want to send me a private message and we can sort it out from there? Much appreciated Julie.
Are you still doing TS, just noticed your BMI is under 25 now and you are supposed to go up the plan once you get there, don't want you to make yourself ill at this stage! (Sorry to nag!!)

Bren xx

Hi Bren

Glad to hear that you're going to have a bit of a treat for Christmas dinner albeit probably very restrained from previous years if you're anything like me.

Although my BMI has dropped I've decided to complete the last couple of weeks of my initial 12 weeks on TS. I've only got 2 1/2 weeks to go and am feeling pretty good. I think after that I'll move to a low carb meal once a day as at some point I'm going to have to face up to food again and start to re-train myself and my eating habits. I'm dreading it a bit but it needs to be done at some point.

I'm going to a concert on Frdiay so hopefully will jig about a lot and burn a few extra calories. Like you I've got used to going out and not drinking - I don't seem to have any desire to drink now which is a big help.

Glad to be able to send you my spares - I need to post a couple more messages before being given PM priviledges but in the meantime will have a count up and do a couple more posts.

Julie x

Monday morning weigh in and I managed to lose an incredible 6lb! Lots of jumping round the bathroom - very pleased.

I got a lot more exercise this week and I think that must have helped alot. A word of caution though..... I didn't feel at all well on Sunday and couldn't keep my morning shake down. Had a bit of soup in the evening and a hot chocolate before bed. Been fine since so I think I must have overdone it a bit. OH said I looked washed out but feeling fine so onward with the next 2 weeks to bring me to my first milestone of completing 12 weeks.

Julie

Well done again Julie, you are doing so well! Just be careful with overdoing the exercise, I know it is tempting when you are feeling so well but remember how low your calorie intake is!
Congratulations again and keep up the good work.
Lets see how I do tomorrow but not hopeful after Fridays works Christmas meal.
Bren xx

Just one lb this week but was expecting it after Friday night, but not worried in the least :cool: - onwards and downwards!
B xx

PS Have put on a photo from Friday night :D

Last edited:
Well done. I think a loss is pretty good bearing in mind you've had a couple of jollies out and you're still in ketosis. It's probably all that soda water you drank!

I'm taking it easy this week - although a good loss last week I really don't mind less of a loss this week if it means not having a crap day like Sunday.

Will count up the soups and bars this week to let you know what i've got to send. I'm not used to these forums but it seems like 50 posts and I can PM - not far off now so should be able to do it shortly.

Have a good week and keep enjoying those size 14's.

Julie x

Hi Julie
Cheers! I went out and bought some jeans from Asda last night, a pair of 14's that I can fasten the button but struggling with the zip - am sure I will be in them by weekend though! I also bought some 12's - nothing like planning ahead :D but they were only £4 each and they were a short length which is much better, still have to take them up but not as much. At least they are there for when I need them.
Hope your week goes well, I have been painting the kitchen tonight so been quite busy, thinking of going Christmas shopping tomorrow night at Trafford Centre after work, will see how we feel when we get home though. 100% on the diet this week though, no nights out at all planned this weekend which is quite unusual, although the other half has mentioned the German markets at Manchester (I will have to have my willpower on full for that!)
B xx

ps - I found the word games good for getting my post count up in the early days - if you click on new posts you can spot them dotted about and join in the fun to get your post count up!

Hi Bren

Glad you feeling good and positive about the week. You'll definetely burn the calories off doing painting. Mind I find shopping exhausting at the moment what with the shops being so busy. When I read one of your posts where you said you had been shopping with your OH and ended up a bit stressed it struck a chord as since I have been on Exante I have had a few stressful shops with my other half. Shopping when it's busy can be a bit of a nightmare in any event but traipsing round a variety of shops, starting to feel weary and then finally wandering through places like M&S food hall and Morrisions by which time I can feel my blood sugar is a bit low is not a good mix for me particularly when I think I could rip the sandwiches open in Marks and them shove down.

I was thinking about this last Saturday in Sainsburys when we were shopped out and I felt starving. Would Julie (especially if I was on my own and could do it in secret)would have bought some easy to stuff down, high carb snacks and they would have been eaten as soon as I got back into the car. The new Julie still felt like doing that but I rationalised it and thought " be home soon, can have a drink followed by some nice, hot vegetable soup. That was what I did and I felt fine. It's sounds a bit like psycho babble but whilst I've been on TS and hit these times when I know I'm vulnerable to binge and eat rubbish I've been trying to think about more and how I deal with it as I'm very aware that I will soon need to deal with these situations but be back on food. I hope in the same situation I'll be able to apply the same restraint and get home and wait until I've cooked a good meal with plenty of protein and limited carbs.

If you do go to the Trafford centre I hope it's not too stressy with all those late night Christmas shoppers. I'd go late night shopping here but the shops in Torquay which is the nearest largish town are rubbish!

Anyway enough of a ramble for tonight - I'm off to play some word games (great idea) - a couple of nights of that and I should be home and dry.

Good luck with the painting.

Julie x

Hi Julie
You and I must have the same brain patterns at the moment - your thoughts echo mine almost to the letter! Weird isn't it how your mindset changes for no apparent reason except the desire to lose weight and be healthy...............wish it had happened to me years ago!
Trafford Centre was busybusybusy but we coped, I watched her stuff kfc down her while I had half a bar and a black coffee and it was not too much of a struggle to be honest. Got most of the stuff I wanted and had a look round as much as we could given the time restraints.

Finished painting the kitchen tonight more or less, just bits and pieces to finish off but might do them after Christmas as it will do for now.

Keep strong and enjoy the changes it brings!
Bren xx

9 pounds off this week so all good

Ooooooooo just had a thought - my weigh in day is going to be Wednesday this week as I am off work tomorrow and Tuesday and the scales are at work - why is this worrying me? How weird.
B xx

Weigh in this morning - 2 1/2 lbs gone. Not bad as I had a particularly sedentary week. It would be nice to do a little better this week as it's my last before re-introducing food so I think I might move about a bit more!

It's weird isn't how the prospect of not being able to weigh in at the right time causes the heart to flutter a bit. I tested out the theory that weight can change from day to day so you should just weigh yourself once a week at the same time.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to weigh myself each day but to only take notice of the Monday weigh in. On one of the days my weight had gone up by 3 1/2lbs. When I got around to the Monday I had a loss of 3lb from the week before so all was well. It did bear out the theory that the weight varies quite a bit from day to day - I suppose that's due to fluids and hormone changes and not weight gain in real terms.

Good luck for the weigh in when you do it but don't be disappointed if the scales don't say what you'd hoped for it won't mean the weight hasn't gone.

Julie x

Hiya Julie
Well done on the 2.5lbs, it is still a decent loss you know! Just hold a bag of sugar in your hand for 5 minutes and you will see just how heavy it is carrying it round.
I know what you mean about the heart flutters, I get them at every weigh in, probably because it just means a great deal that the scales have gone in the right direction. Roll on Wednesday, fingers crossed.
The other problem is it makes the week after a 6 day week as I mean to go back to Tuesday weigh in as it just seems to feel right to me for some reason. The week after work is closed so I might just have to take the scales home for the Christmas holiday!
On a good note I have had a very stressful day off today, everything went well till the filter on the fish tank started leaking and it ended up costing us £120 :-O not to mention the wet carpet which has only been down weeks. The good bit is that I managed to stay 100% even after all that, especially when the OH offered me some wine to take the edge off the stress and I politely declined!
Hopefully tomorrow will be less stressful, I plan to take the dog for a nice walk, do a couple of sessions on my vibro plate and maybe wrap some Christmas pressies. Not sure if my car is going to be ready to pick up yet so Wednesday could be a problem for one of us getting to work, more stress, great stuff!

Sorry, that turned into a bit of an epic!

Bren xx

Morning All
Well a day later than usual as I was not at work but 5.5lbs off which I am very pleased with, makes up for the 1lb last week. Small confession................went to the German Markets at Manchester last night and had a wee nibble on my OH bratwurst - wow was it salty!!!
OMG that sounds sooooo rude but it was just food honestly lol - then I had a taste of the roast pig out of her butty, but again just a tiny taste - I know, I know, 100% out the window but at least I don't feel I have missed out on anything and don't feel deprived even though it was the smallest of nibbles. And like I said to her last night, the old me would have said "sod it" I will have one too, and probably had a full one of each and then some.....................but not anymore!
Oh yes, I got my car back and it looks great again!
B xx

Well done on the 5.5 lbs quak - and glad you have your car back, trying to get on with life without it is so stressful! I wanted to go to the christmas markets in Berlin this year but thought - hummm, don't think I could go and not go mad on Bratwurst, currywurst and Gluhwein but will deffo go next year. I am actually impressed with your restraint, I think you did great stopping at just a taste of the Bratwurst and Pork!

I have just got back from a week in Lanzarote which was fab and hot but I really missed the food. Still, an 8 lb loss for the last 2 weeks so I feel like I have been rewarded for my efforts at least. I have lost 7 stones now and am sooooo happy about it!
xxx

Back