Weekly weight loss target

she cant make u set targets if u dont want to she can ask but u can say no my c asks a few if they have had a bad week what they think they could do if they put thier mind to it and stuck to plan but if they say no then thats it and if margaret miles-bramwell was to hear that your c trying to pressure you into setting a goal each week and were opening yourself to the possibility of snide smiles and ridicule she would have an absolute fit. There is NO WAY sw would support such an action and you should take this over your consultants head to your area manager as i am sure that they would put a stop to this practice immediately.

As for taking the nicey nicey approach as suggested previously in the thread you should be more assertive i know this is not sometimes easy for people but this kind of thing has to be stopped immediately.

Sorry but i feel very strongly about the fact that someone who is supposed to be guiding u on this journey is using ( and i can think of no other way to describe it ) bullying tactics to force members to set goals every week...

not sure how this will go but i would be tempted to tell her to F+%^ Off rather than just no....my bad ;)

One of the reasons Margaret founded SW was because of the feeling of ridicule she expierienced by so called consultants and this is the reason she would never condone this action....

I am really surprised at this thread. Anything said directly to me at a meeting would have put me off joining. There are over 100 in our group, so no chance of individual questions, but I would have thought the only goal should be 0-2lbs, or it verges on unsustainable or even unhealthy. Grrr - hope you get the support you need. It upsets me you should feel this way when self confidence is the hardest hurdle, so it is not easy to speak up. Good luck in holding your ground....

My consultant asks if we want to set a target but I don't. I'll be happy with anything. Lots of people say as long as it's not upwards they'll be happy. I think your C isn't following the SW "rules".

Speak to her privately next week and if things don't change, go over her head to the area manager or Head Office.

Denise

She sounds like a dragon! My C always asks and I usually say 2lb (cos that's what'd like). But there are some people in my group who always say 'just see how it goes' and our C says 'that's fine).

At the end of the day, you're the one paying to be there, the way you choose to do things is up to you, your C is supposed to support you and advise where necessary, not bully you!

xx

Well, didn't get a chance to speak to her this week, there were a few newbies but she was a bit less forceful. If she wasn't more than twice my age and didn't know where I work, I might consider evethewitch's idea. As it is that's not gonna be an option.

I can do stubborn very well though. :) Arms folded, a pissed off expression on my face and a very definite 'no'! She'll get the idea eventually... and it's nearly christmas anyway.

They do this at my group as well and I don't like it much!!!

I say 'as long as it's a loss' and that's it. What worries me is that some people say 5 or 6lbs :eek: What the hell are they going to do in a week to lose that much .... starve themselves :confused:

If I was a consultant I don't think I would be able to accept that as a healthy weekly target.

I have issues with this. Early on I said I want to do a pound a week and the consultant said I was doing 2lbs a week average (I wasn't quite). So I started saying 2. Then the other week I was 3lbs off the 2 stone mark and she'd asked me if I'd ever done 3. She goes on about if you did a good few pounds the first first week then you could do more than two on another week. I had two weeks of saying I'd try for 3, tryed really hard, kept food diary etc. First week I lost 2lvs, second week a pound. It was really demoralising and sent me scurrying off to try WW, had a big binge and gained a pound this week.

So from now on I am always saying 1.5lbs which was my average loss and which I was perfectly happy with before.

I personally think it's crazy to set a target weight loss for the following week. I have found with SW there seems to be no rhyme or reason to weight loss (or gain, for that matter) and some weeks even if I have been an angel, I can gain and likewise, there have been weeks where I have eaten for England and lost!!
I think you just have to follow the plan as best you can and accept whatever you may lose or gain each week. As long as the overall trend is downwards, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?
i have known my C to encouraged people to try for 4 and 5 lb losses and I thought at the time it was raising peoples expectations too much. Not least because they may feel they have failed in some sort of way if they don't achieve it but because it's also know to be unhealthy losing too much in any one go!
Needless to say, I have now left that group as I felt my measly 1 lb losses just didn't seem good enough.

Back