Weigh in again

Good Morning,

I decided this morning that I would go with my scales instead of cdc's as it was on my scales that I got my gain last week.

Anyway this morning, I am 10.11:D which means 7lbs off since Friday. I am chuffed with this as it is totm too!

I went to my aerobics class last night which hasn't been running over the school hols and I managed the high energy routine for the whole 45 mins and then the 15 mins weights/toning. I drank 75cl of water while there and I walked back to my mums to collect my car. I went in and said a quick hello and made the mistake of sitting down - boy did I have wobbly legs when I got up.
I drove home and made myself a tuna salad with balsamic vinegar dressing. it wasn't large and did make me feel so much better.

I've another class tonight but I am moving onto 790 today anyway so I will have a meal when I get home.

I have drunk 1 litre so far and will have my shake at 11am.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Take Care

Hey check you out Lenny with your 7lb loss + being all fit + healthy! I am most impressed missy, Keep it up and before you know it we will back on track and in those size 10's before you know it :eek:)

Thanks so much for your encouragement Nat, it really does help:D

I do have to admit I think a lot of that loss was due to the water retention with totm but I will stay take the 7lbs anyway.;)

Also, I do have some size 10's that I can get into, I just can't wear them all day yet:p A bit snug to say the least ha ha ha

join the club although Ive only got 10 skirts and the floaty dress as my waist is ok it just tends to be my ever so growing backside that doesnt fit!! Hmm might be my legs to now I come to think of it haha!

Good Afternoon all:)

Today I ache...I ache in places I didn't know could ache!

See this exercise and toning malarky is all very well but this "no pain no gain" is sooooo true. This is of course all down to Tuesday nights aerobics class - there were lots of squats, sit-ups and lots of arm toning using a 2.5kg weight in each hand:eek:
I do wonder how I ever managed to carry all that extra weight around when using these little weights hurt!!

So today my backside is achy and so are my arms (they feel so heavy ...it is an effort to move them) and my torso is one big muscle ache. I keep lifting my heavy arms in the air to try and stretch the torso muscles!

Anyway enough of my moaning, diet is going well. I tried the choc orange and I'm not too sure to be honest...it was nice enough but felt like it was burning the back of my throat. I'm going to try it hot and see if its any different.

Work is mad cos the md is on hols and I am in charge I had to go out into the factory yesterday and tell someone off for wearing a mp3 player. Its a health & safety risk cos he can't hear the machinery he's operating and/or the forklift. The boys all seem to be behaving today though. Thank goodness.

Anyway I'd better get onto reading some other posts - only 15 mins of lunch left and I haven't made my second shake yet.

I have managed 3 litres so far though:D

Take care

No Pain no Gain hey Len hehe! Well done for going though :) I'm most impressed!

Hope your working hard and being good, I'm sticking it out and just waiting for the end of the day!

xx

My Husband!!!

As I posted earlier in the week, hubby was away from Tuesday until Thursday at the annual Cryo-users convention held in Oxford this year. I knew some of the people going and asked him last week if he was inviting anyone around so I could prepare the spare room in advance. He said no.

Anyway, he rang me when he was on his way back yesterday afternoon (I was picking him & one other up after work) he says "by the way we have a guest staying tonight" :eek: I was so angry with him...I hadn't changed the bedding in there or vacuumed (its his office as well so I tend to stay out of there).

So we rushed home, I changed the bedding and just as I was coming back downstairs with the dyson, the guest was pulling into the driveway. Now I don't mind people staying when I have advance warning but I was so tired yesterday and really looking forward to a long soak in the bath and then slobbing in my dressing gown.....instead we went down the pub and I had a veggie curry with rice:eek:

Also hubby was going to help me with my cv last night but of course that never happened, they spent the whole night talking about people in the cryogenics field who I have never heard of before and talking about cryogenic equipment! yawn.

I eventually was rude and went to bed at 11.30pm ready for my being at work at 7am (I have to leave my house at 6.15am to get here for that time)

I am shattered today and fully intend going home for a snooze! I have actually achieved loads of work already but I am now getting to the stage where could easily switch off the phone and fax!!

Have a good day all, and good luck with the diets over the weekend.

I'm so stressed too!!!

Morning all,

We title has changed to show why I have not been on much lately. Because the MD is on hols and I am in charge, I have been so busy and so stressed out. The young staff are trying to tell us senior staff what they want to do and one in particular just keeps going home without telling anyone....(i had to call him into the office on this one) and now he tells his supervisor that he has an appointment or he feels sick and just leaves.

One guy started with us on 3rd sept and out of 113 hours he should have worked - he has actually worked 41!!!! He honestly thought that he could maybe take some of the time as holiday pay....NO. I told him that you have to actually work some hours to be able to take a holiday day.

On top of all this I am totally fed up of my job, I love the admin side of it but I just don't like the politics. My MD has made some really stupid decisions lately and won't listen to anyone elses opinion so I have decided to take myself out of the equation. I applied for another job and have an interview on Oct 2nd at 11am.:)

Diet is just not happening at the moment either. I am getting too hassled with things and turning to food!!!! The scales aren't showing any increase yet but I feel uncomfortable.

I will try tomorrow as today I have already eaten Jam on toast and a triple choc cookie:eek:

Better get on, I will try to catch up on posts later.

Hope you are all well:D

Morning all:)

I hope you all had good weekends?:D

I've been feeling really low and stressed lately and every day last week I drove past this little shop in Burford and saw this beautiful dress in the window so on Friday I decided to call in and have a try.

I got there and this shop is called "an exclusive boutique" so quite posh - alright I went in looking scruffy in my work clothes - logo polo shirt, trousers and steel toe cap shoes. I met John there and he was in his bike leathers. Anyway I found the dress (£147.00:eek:) but I thought what the heck I'll try it anyway - now the lady in there was giving us funny looks but she did show me to the changing rooms. I was hanging the dress up ready to strip off when she says "you have a size 12 there...are you sure that's your size?"

Bl**dy cheek!!!! I tried the dress on and to be honest it really did not suit me - the shape of the dress and the length was all wrong for my body. So I got back into work stuff and took the dress back into the shop. I hung it back on the rack and the same women said "oh it didn't fit you" I just answered "yes it did but to be honest the style is too old for me" and I grabbed hubby and walked out.

I felt like doing a Julia Roberts and going back in there looking all svelte in my size 12 and showing her the label but I won't because that is not me. I just put up with these things and quietly seethe (sp?)

Diet is not happening at present and I'm too stressed to worry about it to be honest. I haven't been too bad but I have been eating choc and bread. Main meals have been cod or tuna in parsley sauce (made up with just water) and veggies - although last nite I did have 2 new potatoes with it too.

I'm trying to cut back on carbs without being too strict on myself - as someone else said - this is costing a lot of money to keep messing around. I want to do this once and for all. I go on hols on 4th October and won't really be able to diet then but I will also be doing lots of walking/climbing as we are going to The Lakes with a quick visit to Northumberland to see hubbys relatives first.

Work is still manic - I've got staff off whenever they feel like it and then asking if there is any overtime cos they need the money:mad: Our coating suppliers have let me down for the last two weeks and assembly has now ground to a halt until they deliver some more goods. So I have customers screaming for their hoists and I can't build them cos a) no staff and b) no stock. Another prob we have is that the MD has hired 3 boys aged 16 - 19 and they just want to chat and only do the jobs they like, so we are really having to stay on top of them to keep moving.
MD is back from hols on Monday (My job interview is Tues....he doesn't know I am looking for another job!) and then I am off on Thursday until the following Friday. But before I go I have got to show him how to use the updated Sage software. Nightmare:sigh:

Hope you all have good weeks - Take Care.

(Sorry for the long waffle. It has made me feel better though:eek:)

Morning all,

I didn't think that I could feel much lower than I have recently, but yesterday just about topped it off.

My twin sisters boyfriend has been having this headache for two weeks constantly. He went the doctor who told him to go to the opticians to get his eyes tested. Well he did yesterday afternoon and he does need glasses BUT the optician also gave him a letter to give to his doctor referring him to a neurologist:eek:.

My first thought when I heard this was of my dad. He died 4 years ago from an inoperable brain tumour - symptoms were a constant headache for 9 weeks and when he went to the opticians they told him to go see his doctor. Doctors said he was stressed and left him with paracetamol. He was finally sent for a ct scan in the 10th week (10 doctors later too) and diagnosed in Feb 03 - died June 03.

I know that I could be worrying for nothing but when I told my older sister she instantly thought the same thing. I haven't mentioned any of this to my twin yet, and they both seem upbeat and have said that it is only if the headaches continue but I have never known an optician to do that before. He might of course just be trying to cover himself.

This has brought back some very painful, anxious feelings and I'm not handling them very well. I did have tears last night when driving home.

I really hope I am stressing over nothing.

I'm gonna go and try to get on with some work.
Speak to you all later - sorry for being sorry depressed. I will try harder to be more cheerful.

Diet is crap - I had spag bol last nite:rolleyes:

Morning all:)

I feel a bit more positive today and for the first time in ages I was brave enough to get on the scales this morning. 11st 4lbs again:( which means I have gained 7 lbs in two weeks faffing around.

I still don't feel like cd'ing properly so I will try and be sensible and have two shakes during the day and a meal in the evening inc a small amount of carbs (like 1000).
I will buy some tetra's from my cdc on Tuesday and take them to Cumbria with me to continue with this while on hols - although the meals in the evening may be pub grub:eek:. I will be doing lots of exercise too though.

My biggest downfall is chocolate so I will have to make a conscious effort to stay away from that.

I'm helping my twin and her boyf move into their new house this afternoon and tomorrow. Today I will no doubt be wearing marigolds and cleaning their two toilets!!! Tomorrow we will be transferring their belongings from our house to theirs. (their stuff has been living in our sheds since they moved down from Bolton last October)

I have to admit to being extremely nervous about my job interview on Tuesday - I am not very good at selling myself or with strangers:eek:

I really want this job though and my current one is making me very unhappy, and you all know my story- when I'm unhappy I turn to my comfort food. (just an excuse - I know that really but if I take away what is making me unhappy I should feel better right?)

Anyway, I hope you all have fantastic weekends.

Take care

I am so nervous...I've had lots of trips to the loo and I've only drunk 1/2 litre so far.

I was awake at 4am this morning just going over everything in my mind. I spoke to my sister last night (she already works at this place where I am going today - Oxford City Homes) and she told me to relax and that they were really friendly but I am a bag of nerves.

I have never actually been formally interviewed for a job before - always on a casual basis from word of mouth - verbal references from a friend of a friend sort of thing.

Anyway I am trying to keep busy and so far it is working - I leave in an hours time.

My boss doesn't actually know that I am going for this but I have told him that I will be out this morning - not sure where I am getting changed yet either:p

Diet is non-existent but I am going to see my cdc later today to get some more supplies for hols (otherwise I might just eat)

Hope you are all well and doing great.:D

I'll let you know how I get on:eek:

Good Luck Hun!!!

Just try to keep calm and answer all the questions that they ask you as honestly as you can. You will do fine.

Let us know how you get on.

x

Hello to anyone who might be reading my boring diary.

Yesterdays interview was a flop - I really fluffed a maths question on the written test:mad:. Nevermind, I will keep looking. I will hear from them tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath for a happy call.

On that note...I told my boss that I had been for an interview and he hit the roof. He told me that if I leave he might as well fold the company as he thought he could trust me and rely on me for loyalty - talk about guilt trip. But I remained strong and told him of all the reasons why I am looking for another job - including how I think alot of his decisions are crap and have a negative effect on the company.
He is talking to me today at least (just).:rolleyes:

I don't really care though as I am so busy today trying to get everything ship shape before I am off on hols tomorrow (Lake district here I come:p).

So I won't be on for a while and will catch up when I get back - including what happened with job.

I have my tetras all packed - now I just need to pack some clothes he he he.:D

Take care everyone - see you all when I return (hopefully not too much heavier)

Donna X

Good afternoon to all,

I am back at work after having a week and a bit off and aarrgghhhhh. None of my work was completed so I am a tad busy today - thats why the late post.

I had a wonderful holiday - and I weighed when I got in at 1lb lighter than when I left. I was very controlled on hols. Tetra brik with a piece of fruit for brekkie, a salad with jacket pot at lunch and fish with veggies for dinner. If I got hungry while out I would have another piece of fruit or a pack of raisins. We spent a lot of time out walking (miles and miles everyday) so I didn't feel guilty as I needed the extra calories for energy - especially when we walked/climbed up a mountain. I was very wobbly when we reached the top and even wobblier when my vertigo set in on the way back down (John says I had a major sense of humour failure:eek:) Yes I did actually cry as I was shaking so much - paralysed with fear in some cases when I took the next step and the skree (sp) moved with my foot:eek: It took me a long time to get down and I have declared NEVER to do that again.

I didn't eat any chocolate while I was away which considering how I was stuffing my face with the stuff before I left is a miracle.

The only sad point of my hols was when my sister phoned to tell me that one of the ladies in my exercise class was knocked off her bike on one of the local roads and killed outright. Her funeral is on weds this week:cry:.

By the way....I didn't get the job (no big surprise there) They said that some of my answers were excellent but I didn't follow up with enough examples and that I seemed exceedingly nervous:confused:.

My diet has been very mixed this weekend since we got back - lots of carbs (which I managed to avoid on hols:confused:) I have majorly got post-hols blues. When we got home on Friday afternoon it was like being hit with a reality stick - back to work, housework to be done, and all that holiday washing!!!!

Friday night we went out to the NEC for a Rush concert - I can't say that I'm a fan but they were very good live.

Anyway I think thats all from me for now - weigh in is tomorrow. I will try to catch up on all your posts when I get caught up on some more work.

Take care

New day for me today

Hello all,

For some bizarre reason I have woken up with renewed get up and go this morning and I am in a really cheeky mood:p

I am back to my cdc tonight and I am going to SS this week and see how it goes - I need to take food out of the equation for a while until I get buy me some willpower ha ha ha.

Losing my friend to some freak tragic accident has put some perspective back into my life - life is too short to worry about all the little things, we should live it to the full and not stress that our bums look too big etc (although all my clothes are a little snug at the moment as I gave away all my big clothes;))

I don't want to spend all my time on a diet - I need a kick up the backside and tackle this weight thing once and for all and just get on with life.

There - that is my rant over with for the day.

Hope you are all well? Is there anybody out there????

Take care to anyone who still reads my rambles.

Hi there............

Hi honey!! well done you on getting back on track...hope that the last couple of days havent been too bad.....I am hoping that I get away without any really bad side effects when getting into ketosis!

Good for you for nipping the weight gain in the bud.......you havent got too far to go to get back where you were.

We can do this.....we have done it soooo successfully before.......we can deffo be winners again!

hugs to you babe
off to start the water bit!!
your happy bride to be bud(really must re name ourselves now!!)
lou XX

Hi Len,

I think you had the same wake up call as me after last week. Im so sorry to hear about your friend :( Your right though life isn't worth worrying about all this stuff so the quicker we get it off and sorted out the better. Im back on day 1 of ss'ing and have no plans or anything so I will stick it out with you to!

Your holiday sounded lovely even if you did nearly die on a mountain!!! Reminds me of when I went up the Cave hill in Belfast with my bf - wind/rain/hail/just horrible weather and I was not impressed I couldnt see 2 feet in front of my face grrrr! Also Im so impressed at how well you stuck to the diet out there. I seem to have eaten for england the past 4 days! So much for sticking to it when I was in Ireland - so cross with myself! Oh well onwards and upwards and time to starve it all off again I guess!

Good Luck with getting through today, Don't worry about the job I'm sure something will come up and you can't have as much bad luck as I seem to have had! Bloody agencys!!!

N xx

Back