weigh to go....

Thanks ladies - I'm feeling a bit better now, had some paracetamol, still haven't had anything to eat but there is some quorn in the freezer which I may knock up in a bit.

Rach, movicol is a laxative - the symptoms of M.E give me a really lazy bowel, and I need to take laxatives to keep it moving - gross innit!

xxx

Feeling a bit better now, have eaten (and realised I was hungry once I had started) - I had a quorn pasta type thing, had it before and loved it, so did it again! I had all the ingredients knocking around, so that was good as saved us some money today :D

Here it is!

IMG_0296.jpg

May go to bed in a bit and read, or watch some television - I still have 8pps to use up, and all my weeklies, but not really hungry now.

xxx

hey. sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. heck if a day i bed helps then go ahead....
that pasta looks savage though-whats in it?
cant wait to move house and have a decent freezer so i can stock up on quorn... so handy...
anyway hon, hope u feel better today.. xx

Thanks Bos!

I have had a truly awful day.

I went out for a walk earlier, just to get a bit of exercise, fresh air etc. I went to the shop and bought some food for dinner (leek and mushroom gnocchi) and as I was half walking, half jogging to the bus, I literally went a*se over t*t - proper fell on the floor, sprawled out. SO embarrassing. At the time I didn't really care that I was hurt, I was more embarrassed, people were flocking to me asking me if I was okay and shouting "oh my god" etc, and I was worried I'd shattered my phone which they thought was amusing.

I didn't dare stand around for the bus after this, I was so upset that I walked home and was crying the entire way.

I made some lunch and my knee started to hurt, then my head (I bumped my head?) and lastly my ribcage. I spoke to a nurse friend and she says I've probably cracked a rib (fell on my left hand side, everything is bruised and scraped that side) which is just marvellous :( She said the pain would get worse tomorrow :(

I've had my dinner already, it was pretty blergh, too rich for me (using blue cheese) and I have wine, but I'm feeling really cr*appy :( I was so upset and mad I was just banging things and bursting into tears, I know the majority of that is due to the fact I have a period, but what an embarrassment! :(

xxx

oh you poor thing. you must be in alot of pain with that.
rest up because its just a waiting game with ribs... :(
And ya everything is worse during TOTM. sit down and enjoy ur nite and allow yourself to be fed up and sore....
Mind yourself... xxx

Thanks Brona :)

As I thought, I'm suffering this morning, although not as bad as I thought I would be - my knee is the thing that hurts the most! What a silly sausage.

Had a nice night, stayed in bed with Rob and watched Strictly and X Factor with wine. Didn't eat anymore of my points, so had 16 out of my weeklies and I'll probably leave it at that. Weighed myself this morning and I haven't lost anything overnight, but I didn't think I would. 4 days till WI, lets see if I can get a couple of pounds off!

Mum and Nana are visiting me today - am going to look for a nice recipe that I can cook for us all, really looking forward to seeing them - should lift my mood at bit :) xxx

Hello sugar!

Read through all ur diary :) massive hugs for ur fall yesterday! I did it last week in court in front of the district judge - bum in the air on hands and knees! Don't worry people will have forgotten all about it!

I'm 17 stone 9 - we are sooooo close!! And im 26 (27 in April) and a solicitor... Lots in common :) fancy a bit of friendly weight loss competition? Do u have a goal in mind? I'm working towards the 9s/10s and aiming to be as low as possible when I'm a bridesmaid next year ;)
Xxx

Thanks Carly for your message, and Kally too! I just felt like such an idiot, was stupid of me to even attempt to jog never mind anything else!

Carly that would be fab - our stats are so similar, and definitely have a lot in common - you're a criminal solicitor, right? I did my degree in Criminology ;) I've wanted to do something with it, but for the time being I'm signed off work, not sure when I'll be able to get back.

Would love to have a bit of friendly competition - I can PM you my mobile number (or if you've got whatsapp, can do that too) and we can spur each other on - if we're feeling like having a wobble we can get each other on the straight and narrow! Up to you :)

xxx

Defo pm ur mobile! Have I added u on fb yet? What were u doing as legal adviser? When do u hope to get bk to work? Cx

Hey Carly, just PM'ed you :)

I was working for a new brand of solicitors in WH Smiths, helping people with legal enquiries, so nothing very full on, but because I was commuting an hour there and an hour back each way, then standing up for 4+ hours, plus talking to people constantly, I had a relapse. I have to go back to the doctors tomorrow, but I'm not fit for work yet :(

Hey all,

Had a mixed day - started off well but you know some days when the demon gets you? It kind of got me today - I just wanted a chilled out day without having to worry my silly self about points, or rushing around cooking dinners and stuff like that. I may have gone over my weeklies (but I doubt it) as I had 20 daily points and 34 weekly points left over - I'm not sure exactly what the damage is, but I won't use anymore weeklies now until Weds.

I had a mouthful of chocolate cake, a baby prawn roll in Asda cafe, a pitta bread with some humous, a slice of pizza (tiny) and some nibbley bits like filo prawns, a garlic mushroom and a mini spring roll. So nothing major. I exercised restraint and didn't eat when I was full. By the way, this is spread out over 6+ hours!

I'm feeling a bit low today - not sure why - I always feel a bit down in the dumps after Mum leaves as I don't know when I'll see her next :( I need to go over there at some point to teach her some more lessons on how to use the laptop - I got her a laptop for her birthday and she's still not really well versed in how to use it, so is paying for broadband but not using it! She would really reap the benefits of the internet - dating, talking to people like I do and just generally in life as everything is constantly moving on in technology. She's never used a computer at all before!

Health wise, I ache like crazy - my arms and shoulders seem to be the worse at the moment so lifting etc is difficult - so basically I'm not doing it :D

xxx

maybe cause you arent feeling so well? I get dead emotional when I leave my mum.. especially if im tired or not well - which really is both of what you are?

btw, can I request the recipe for that quorn thing you made? it looks beaut! (or savage.. think i will acquire this word :D) xxx

That doesn't sound bad at all darling!! Don't worry! Big hugs!! Hope u feel better soon!!!

Sounds like a tough day but u did will! It's a new one tomorrow :D x

Sorry you have been having such a tough time of it. Spend some time being kind to yourself and doing things you enjoy - preferably not jogging and falling in public places :)

Hope next week is kinder to you x

Thank you girls. I think it's just hormones playing with my mind - I'm rubbish at dealing with things when I'm due on.

I weighed myself this morning and I have a 2oz gain, but not too worried about that. Hoping I can get a couple of pounds off by being extra good between now and Weds but I think that's a little ambitious! ;)

Rach, of course - here it is.

These are the ingredients for one person - it comes to 10pps but I should imagine it's more or less free on SW.

1 small Onion, All Types, red, finely sliced
1 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
150 g Tomatoes, Cherry, halved or quartered
200 g Spinach, fresh
1/8 teaspoons Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground) (ground)
1 tablespoons Basil, fresh, finely shredded
1/2 teaspoons Nutmeg, Ground (level)
1 serving(s) Wholewheat Spaghetti Sainsburys (60g)
1 serving(s) Quorn Pieces (Frozen) (100g)
1 serving(s) Morrisons ES Soft Cheese with Garlic and Herbs (40g)
10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
Instructions

Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.

Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low fat cooking spray, preheat the pan and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes add the garlic and the Quorn pieces and continue frying for a further 3-4 minutes. (I find this takes a lot longer, and I prefer to do the quorn mix whilst I'm boiling the pasta - takes about 15 mins)

Add the tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes, season with black pepper to taste. Reduce heat and keep warm until pasta is cooked.

Drain the pasta, return to the pan with the spinach, cover and allow the spinach to wilt.
To the pan with the pieces add the soft cheese and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.

Add the pasta and spinach to the pieces with a pinch of nutmeg and sauce, stir well and serve garnished with the fresh basil.

:) xxx

Hi all,

Today hasn't been a good day. I'm in a lot of pain, and I've been signed off from work for another four weeks. I know this is going to be the final nail in the coffin - they've already employed someone to do my hours, and when I spoke to my Manager last time she said if I ever needed to come back they would find some hours for me - so I'm fully expecting to be dismissed.

Which leaves another problem - people with M.E have a hard time claiming benefits because it's a fluctuating illness; a lot of my online friends who I have made via having M.E have found they have lost their benefits, and had to appeal in court. I know I will have to go through the same thing to ensure I get some money, but it's trying times. When this situation happened with me and Rob before, it broke us up, so I'm scared of it happening again.

As a result, and in general, I am feeling very down. I suspect it is largely to do with my period (I'm always emotional at this time) but I can't shake off the general feeling that I am spiralling into depression :( I've never really suffered from it before, so can't say if it's a temporary thing or whether I am just building it up, but I've not felt this down before. Everything seems to be a chore and today I've not pointed at all - I walked into the supermarket, dragged myself around and picked up the food I SHOULD eat, and then put it all back and picked up a fish pie. Why, I have no idea. The concept of controlling my food when I feel so out of control of my life seemed arbitrary. I just wanted to enjoy food instead of feeling like some kind of fat fraud, but of course I feel like that anyway.

Sorry for the massively down post - I have the necessary tools to be good tomorrow and I'm hoping I will feel more like doing it.

xxx

Sorry you are feeling so low, its understandable what with whats happening atm, so be kind to yourself. It is worth just being aware of your feelings because if you do find that the low moods arent lifting then depression could be a possibility.

I must admit that when I am low healthy food is the last thing on my mind, but if you can stick to healthy eating is does help to make you feel better. Hugs from me xx

Hi petal!! Sorry u had sucks crap day!! They can't dismiss u for being unwell poppet!! (unless u are in probationary period?) u need to focus in getting better!

CAB will help with form filling and benefits do fingers crossed!

Gigantic hugs... Enjoy a day or two of treats and the bk to it... Controlling one area will feel good cx

Aww Bex sorry your so poorly poppet
can't be much fun and I can understand how worrying
it can be but try not to worry you'll only make yourself
feel worse under the circumstances

Back