weigh to go....

Are you reopeninv your diary or starting a new one hun? Xxx

Thank you Kals :)

So, yes, I'm back! This is day three and it's all going okay so far. I hit a point where I realised I had more or less put on ALL the weight I lost (I weighed in at 19st 8.5lbs in March 2010, and weighed in at 19st 6lbs this March - a grand total of 2.5lbs lost ;) ) - I felt sluggish, ill in general and I ached whenever I walked. As much as I like drinking and going out for food, and eating takeaway, I was becoming more and more depressed. By nature I'm not a depressive person, so this bothered me.

A lot has happened recently. Me and Rob broke up, and have been apart for a while now. I've not made it public (mainly because I didn't really make our relationship when we were together public) because I just didn't want people apologising; we're still really good friends and I hope that continues. We were just stressed with each other all the time, we'd both changed and tried so hard to keep it together - but ultimately it wasn't working but gave it our best shot. I have a lot of love for that man.

Because we broke up, I moved out of our house - he's still there, and I'm living with an old school friend in Norwich. It's a lovely house and it's a nice walk into town.

Health wise, things aren't so good. I took a break from work to concentrate on getting better, I'm hoping when I've lost a bit of weight my energy levels will come back like they did during the summer of 2010 - at the moment I'm struggling to do things.

So that's a little bit about me ;)

xxx

Aww blimey Bex its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for you by the sounds of it...I hope things start to improve for you really soon xx

I'm gonna break into song here and say...

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings can only get betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr x

:)

Hows the plan going, are you on WW, or trying a new tactic?? x

Hey lovelys!

Jenny, I'm doing the old faithful, WW. I've got to at least give it a proper bash before I consider other options. I like the thought of Slimming World but I also know I eat out a bit and I don't really know how that fits in. It's also a bit more money than WW.

Today was WI but I didn't go - I felt so awful this morning that I basically laid in bed all morning feeling very sorry for myself. Probably just as well as I know I didn't lose anything this week. I really need to start planning ahead more and not writing days off if I go out with friends. I did really well until Saturday afternoon when, with the boys, they bought me a pint of beer and then it all went downhill. Most of the days since then I've managed to do the morning but not the evening, which is a pain.

Can anyone with a fairly active social life lend any tips? I think the issue is I live a stones throw from my friends, we're all in a 1/2 mile radius of each other and it's really easy to just hook up over a pint. It wouldn't be so bad but they are quite heavy drinkers, and me liking my drink, means I just match them. I don't want to be a total recluse, but I do need to learn to say no.

Today has been fine, feel like I've eaten loads but still 8 under my points so far - I may have a bit of toast later or some cereal but I'm not going to eat for the sake of eating.

xxx

Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, poor you :(

I find being sociable very hard, even with the flexibility of ww. Btw, v glad you obviously have a good set of friends to support you atm. Some of my friends have been really supportive and will meet me for a walk together or a coffee instead of beer. I've also cut down my drinking a lot. I have alcohol bans for specific periods because I find it easier not to have any at all for a set period ie a month. Because I know when it will end so I don't feel like it stretches on forever. That might be a bit extreme for you tho. Or you could just have alcohol every other time you meet up. So you just have nights off the beer? Or you plan which days you will drink and stick with it.

The other option is that you plan your beer into your plan and then you know exactly how much you can have. I switched to vodka and diet coke, I often ask for it in a bigger glass so it goes further. But by far the most effective way for me is to know I can have 3 drinks for example and then I find it easier to stick to than not planning and just thinking eff it. I usually plan food in as well, e.g. very restricted day then plan 5 drinks and a subway in because I know I'm likely to eat when I've been drinking anyway so I may as well plan for it. It might sound daft but I also tend to feel much more like I deserve it and I enjoy it in a different way.

Hope you can find something that works for you hun x

Thanks Hannah for dropping by :)

The thing is I really shouldn't drink - it makes my pain worse, but I'm one of these people who refuses to concede to the M.E and just try and carry on regardless. It's not a healthy thing to do; I am also the kind of person that doesn't just stop at one drink. I'm much better than I was, I can learn how to say no in the face of my friends getting chitfaced, and will often just go home. I don't think it's the lure of alcohol that is the problem, I think it's the "well they're having a pint, I'll have one" - last night my friends were going down our local pub and invited me, but I was feeling so rubbish I didn't go.

What you said about bigger glasses is a really good point - I normally drink wine, as I don't really get on with spirits, and I often ask for soda water anyway (even if I'm not "on plan" as they last longer). I just feel that alcohol is such a collosal waste of points!

I think I'm just going to try and not drink - it's easier than saying "I'll have one" and then end up having five :D

Today I'm meeting up with Rob - I've got my Eat Out book with me and a voucher for Ask, so will maybe go there :) xxx

Morning :)

I don't have a social life, barely know what alcohol is to be honest, but on the rare occasion I do drink, I try and pace with a glass of rum & diet coke, then just diet coke, then rum & diet coke. Try to...

Ooh Ask is one of my top places, lovely food! Hope you have a nice lunch. Welcome back to WW :) x

Afternoon Becky

Just popping by really to say hi
Im not a big social person myself so can't help poppet...
Apart from saying maybe switch the pints for a voddie or some such as theres far less calories have it served in pint glass with diet coke and you will still be drinking as such and socializing using less points

Thanks for all the suggestions - I've decided it's probably better to stick to diet coke on nights out - barring the occasional splurge. If I'm at home with friends over I'm far more likely to stick to points if I'm drinking. So maybe I should just invite them over - more cost effective too!

Today has been a nice day - I walked into town (about 35 mins, bloody shattered) and met up with my Mum and Nana. Mum is looking for a new mobile phone as her old one is knackered - I completely forgot she was on contract and due an upgrade so we went into the shop and she got a new phone, plus they knocked £5 off her tariff and gave her more minutes - the old tariff was totally out of date! So she was pretty pleased. They tried to sell something to my Nana which would have cut her monthly bill (she's pay as you go) but she is such a worrier about things like that I told her I'd talk to her about it another time. She could have got a really good deal though!

I was really lucky - we went on the market and there is a little store on there now that does kitsch jewellery - for £6.50 I got a teapot necklace and earrings! Mum and Nana bought them for me which I was really humbled with.

They went for a bacon sandwich at the church cafe, and I had a subway, and then I walked home. I stopped off in Benefit beforehand as I needed some more foundation but ended up getting primer too...whoops! Just painted my nails and now I'm waiting for my friend to drive over. Not sure what is happening for dinner - I have some sausages in the fridge but I fancy something else....darn!

xxx

I had a wonderful weekend - I did do sausages on Friday night with a tomato and cannellini bean stew type thing - it was lovely! My friend came over and we drank wine, and then my housemate wanted to go out, so we kind of went out until 2am ;) A few cocktails were had, and half a portion of chips on the way home, but it was definitely not too bad. I had loads of points left over anyhow.

Yesterday wasn't so angelic, although it wasn't terrible - we had a bacon sandwich in the morning and then I had half a pizza in the evening, but I've worked out that I have eaten around about all my weeklies, but not much over.

I've been entirely saintly today, and just made an Aubergine and Lentil curry which is in the Deeply Delicious WW book, which was SO nice! Really yummy. I have eaten lots today (or feel like it) and have 10pps left! I don't really feel like eating anything else, although I may get munchies later....

This is us on Friday night :D

Attachments

• 431315_10150569768302101_708087100_9163968_1972538043_n.jpg
    431315_10150569768302101_708087100_9163968_1972538043_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 36
That does sound like a yummy curry!
Where's the pic of the teapot necklace missy B? I wanna see it, I <3 things like that!!!

Hows the plan going this week?x

Hey all, resurrecting the past (again)

Day 3 - all is well. I've had a massive stir fry tonight which means even though I've got ten points to use up tonight I cannot bear the thought of food - I stuffed myself stupid :D I'm having a good old rock fest in my bedroom by myself - housemate is out doing karaoke and I've just got the cats for company and the sirens outside - joy ;)

Had a relaxing evening of painting my nails - I'm getting far too good at it now....

xxx

Stir fry sounds yummy to me :D

Welcome back Bex! With you 100%

Hope you had fun with your rockfest, and nails! Sounds like a fab evening in my book x

Back