weigh to go....

missybct

nomnomnom
Hi all :)

Some of the older members may remember me - I was quite a big poster about 18 months ago when I first started WW. Then, in the summer of 2010, I just completely dropped off the radar, kept making half hearted attempts to rejoin (must have been about four or five) before giving up before I'd even begun.

I can't promise this time it will be different - I think the key to the other times failing was that I put too much pressure on myself. I also need to understand that if I have a bad day, doesn't mean I have to have a bad week, I just have to dust myself off and try again.

I'm 26, nearly 27 (I'm barely used to calling myself 26, I still feel about 22!) and I live by the coast in Norfolk. I work as a legal advisor although I have had to take sick leave for the last month as I have had a relapse of a long term condition called M.E which I have :( Not what I need this side of Christmas but can't be helped. Obviously this has detriment to exercising too, but I am going to try and use the Wii Fit a bit for some light exercise, although my OH says he may be selling it!

Today was a good day points wise - I am five under but am full so not going to push it. I was so hungry earlier though before dinner, glad I waited and just appreciated it. We had Gammon steaks with colcannon and vegetables for 12pps. I had a bit of cheese on toast later as I had 15 pps and a yoghurt, plus one haribo sweet which I pointed too, just in case!

I have my first official weigh in tomorrow; I started on Saturday at 18st 7lbs so will see tomorrow what/if I've lost since then. A bit nervous and excited!

I better get some sleep now, I'm falling asleep in front of the laptop which is never a good sign.

Night all xox :nightf:

Sending you a big official "Hi" to the site . Great you got a diary going ,it will really help . Best of luck with the WI tomorrow. :D:D

we're both similar weights now hun - restart together :D we'll both do brill im sure.

well done on coming back - first step done! :) xx

Thank you Brenda and Rach! Good to see you here :)

I meant to come on last night but I was so exhausted I went to bed, checked a couple of diaries and just had to get some sleep! I think I was asleep by about eight :4635:

I had my first official WI yesterday - I stood on the scales and it said 17st 13lbs! So I've cracked the 18st barrier :D It may only be marginal, but I'll take it :p :clap:

I did have a couple of treats yesterday - some chips and a pint of guinness with R's family, all of which I pointed. Came off my weeklies as I had quite a high point dinner, but I still have 30 left and I don't know if I'll use them.

We did a chorizo, sausage and cannellini bean casserole type thing last night with some rice and it was lovely! So much so that I recreated the sauce as a soup this afternoon, which I've just had :)

Going to probably go and have a sleep now, I'm really tired still :( :mad:

xoxo

are you called Rach too? i dont think i ever knew that - you're always Missy to me! :D

Heh, don't worry - I didn't want to say anything :)

As usual I am awake early :sigh: I had an awful nights sleep with pain, and then at 1am some idiot let off some fireworks right near our flat - it normally takes a lot for me to wake up but I woke up with a right start! I eventually got back to sleep but woke again at five and thought I'd cut my losses and just get up. I don't mind this time in the morning really, but it often means at night time I go to bed early, meaning I don't have a lot of time with R.

Last night I was asleep by 8! :eek:

I had a good day on pps - I had 35 out of 39 - but I had some chorizo when I was cooking that whilst I added, I may have underestimated, so I didn't want to go over. I had the MOST amazing dinner - it sounds gross but it was quorn and tomato, with spinach in a low fat soft cheese sauce with pasta. It was 10pps, and there was loads of it! I wish I'd taken a photo - honestly, if someone had served that to me in a restaurant I would have been happy (or maybe my standards are dropping :p). I will definitely be doing that again.

I am feeling a bit brighter this morning after taking some painkillers. I'm supposed to be meeting my best friend today, he says he wants to take me out to lunch as the last time we met (ageees ago) I bought him dinner, so we will see. I can't and won't go very far in case I feel ill, but I see no harm in getting a bus to the next town and trying to enjoy myself :)

I heard from work yesterday - a brief history is that I am employed as a legal advisor, but after two months I had a relapse (which I'm still in the midst of) and had to go on sick leave. Obviously this wasn't good after two months but work have been good, I got SSP last month (not sure about this month, need to check) and I spoke to my manager yesterday who said they will be hiring someone to take my hours up until I am better, and then when I am we can divide the hours between us - which suits me fine as I doubt I'll be able to do the same hours, at least initially.

Anyway, I've rambled on sufficiently here....

Have a good day all

xox

have a good day yourself Bex ( see I can get it right ;) )
Poor you nothing worst than laying awake in pain
hope your feeling a bit better this morning.......
I hate fireworks we get a double whammy here
what with Diwali and fireworks night within a week of each other
am dreading the weekend

Thank you Kals :)

Well, I had a good and bad day.

It was really nice to see my friend, but it was quite eventful. I thought I would treat myself today as I was feeling a bit low so had a hot chocolate before we met up, and then when we met we went to a chinese buffet place - not the most healthy of options but there isn't anything around there to sit down and have a meal and point out - we had a look at Indians but they were all shut friday lunchtime! So yeah, I've pretty much blown my weeklies out the water but I would imagine I've had around all of them but not much more. I'll be back on it tomorrow anyhow, so makes no difference.

Now - my friends train was leaving and I walked to the bus station to catch my short bus journey home. Except in my complete messy state (I was so freaking tired and not with it) I caught the wrong bus :( I knew I shouldn't leave the house - I can't be trusted. Fortunately I realised before I got too far down the road, although it was still a miles walk to the bus station (the train station and bus station are about half a mile apart, so I'd already done that journey, plus the walk up to the chinese). By this point I wanted to sob with pain and I felt so faint, but fortunately managed to get on the right bus and here I am, home with a cup of green tea and a hot water bottle.

I ache from head to toe and I feel dreadful, no doubt I'll feel worse tomorrow :( I ate enough at lunch time to hopefully not need anything this evening, although the rate I am going I will be asleep before long.

xxx

Hi Missy ,hope you are feeling better today. You sounded so tired :(. We thought my husband was suffering from chronic fatigue at one stage as he was off work for months with no energy and falling asleep constantly and feeling generally lousy but no doctors here would diagnose him . They put it down to stress,overwork(he works awfull hours) and depression. He eventually got back to work but he still has be really carefull about over doing it . By Friday he is like a pound of mince and spends most of the weekend on the couch.Its a very frustrating condition and my heart goes out to you. How long do the relapses last for you or is that a question like how long is a piece of string (i.e a stupid question)

Hi Brenda, so sorry to hear you husband suffers from it (or something similar) - it really is an awful condition to have and I wouldn't wish it on anybody!

I'm not sure how long this relapse will last, mainly as it's the most significant I've ever had - I'm utterly useless doing anything at the moment and have been told just to stay in bed. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I've always been quite an active person so I at least try and get some fresh air each day - I'm not sure if it helps or not.

OK, so I had a horrific day yesterday - I felt so tired from Friday but we needed to look at sofas (a year on, we've still not go a ruddy sofa) so went into town and I just made awful choices, I think I was just feeling low and sad from the day before, plus we had an argument in the morning. It's probably best I say what I DIDN'T eat, ha. Anyway, needless to say I've gained but I am hoping it's just water retention. I also think I am due for my period, so that may count for the necessity to eat everything under the sun.

It was a nice day as we went to R's parents for some bonfire tea and some fireworks - really made me feel a bit better. Then I came home and watched Strictly and X Factor before going to bed. It was tough getting to sleep as fireworks were going off constantly, but once I did drop off I was dead to the world!

Not sure what today holds - I have everything in the fridge for a good day (plus a lot of bad stuff, but R can eat that) and my Mum may be coming over - not sure yet as she has a cold.

I hope you all have a good day xox

have a lovely day today.. ive just realised my post to you yesterday is not there.. and so i've checked my phone and there it is, not pressed the save button LOL :p

was just saying, ive never had what you have but i did cry when i read your post bout going back to the station and having to walk - i got really ill at Download a few years ago and had no way of getting back earlier than my prebooked train 2 days later.. i spent most of the 2 days trying not to cry because i felt so ill and didnt want to ruin it for Matty who had come with me so I really understood how you felt at that point :(

hope you have a better day today xxx

Morning Bex

Have a lovely Sunday hen whatever you get up to

Sorry to hear that yesterday wasn't so good for you hen
big hugs xxx

Sunday was a pretty poor day too - I slept for most of it and argued with R in the evening :( I feel hyper sensitive at the moment which is never good for me or him!

Am back on track so far today - had an two egg omelette with wafer ham and tomatoes - it was really nice. I am going to find a recipe tonight for dinner - will have crackers and a cup a soup for lunch. Nothing very exciting but it's damage limitation for the past few days. I weighed myself this morning and seem to have gained possible half a pound, so hopefully I will be able to lose a pound in time for Wednesday, so at least I've lost something :p

Have no plans for today - I may walk down to the high street if I feel okay enough, just have a look round - I've done a bit of my Christmas shopping so far but still need to buy some bits.

Have a good day all xxx

Popping in to say hello :wavey:

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it, extra well done for doing well on the plan through a tough time.

Hope tomorrow is a good day x

Thank you Vanda and Mumma.

I had a good day back - I'm actually seven under points and am about to go to bed as I am tired, but I don't mind as I am trying to undo some of the damage of the weekend!

Had a nice lunch of chicken salad, and then had more chicken for tea - I did homemade chicken kievs which was a bit of a faff but was nice. Did it with some homemade oven chips and some veg, and then had a WW bar afterwards. Oh, and I had a piece of toast with low fat cheese on during the afternoon! Not really snacked at all today, which is good for me - I usually find myself craving something to eat (doesn't matter what it is) and instead I was drinking green tea and coffee.

I also feel like I am due for a period, my babylons are very sore! It's hard to track mine as they are all over the place - I've been taking metformin regularly now for about two months, had 1 period during that time and am due for another one (well, was last week if I'm supposed to be regular) but hasn't appeared yet. Am feeling hyper emotional at the moment which is always a sure fire sign!

Am going to go to bed with a magazine now - Rob has the day off tomorrow but I think he is going to Norwich with his Dad to pick up a desk, and then I think we will spend the afternoon round his parents which will be nice.

Managed to add a couple of presents for Christmas on the list today - I reckon most of it will be done online this year - takes away a bit of the joy of queuing up (er, did I say that?) and going through the shops with Christmas music playing, but if I get it done early I can do that anyway without having to worry ;)

Hope you all have a good evening xox

Back