Weighing salad leaves

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lemonpillows, 26 July 2010 Social URL.

1. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi,

Ss+ says I'm allowed 3 tablepoons of green salad leaves. However, looking at the packet of salad leaves in the supermarket, the whole bag only has 15 calories. Is there any reason I can't just have a bag of salad leaves at only 15 calories along with my 180g of tuna? Or is there some reason I really need to measure out the leaves in spoons?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tinley

Tinley Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.63%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Seems reasonable, doesn't it, but I'm sure there's a very valid reason that they don't always explain to us......maybe there are squillions of carbs in lettuce (I don't think so), or maybe it is just so that we stay mindful of portion sizes. Either way, probably best to stick as close to the rules as possible.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, it's probably the carbs. Can't quite find another answer for this myself!

Difficult to weigh too! For 810 I say about a good handful (without squeezing it to a mash:D). SS+ a small handful.

5. Fisherman

Fisherman Silver Member

was wondering myself for when i move up plans how you measure salad by a table spoon lol

6. lemonpillows

lemonpillows Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've just texted my CDC, so I'll see what she says. Thanks guys.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.