Weighing yourself at home - effect on morale?

Hi yeah I weigh myself every morning after the first loo stop and I am not sure why i think initially it was my way of control. In foundation especially to make sure it was working each week and that i was all worth it! But now i am in development i made a decision to stop doing this as I know that i am going to keep going on with this programme and I will get to my target weight. I have recently taken up lots of excercise and for me my priority is getting fitter and the scales will just have to wait!

I used to weigh myself every morning just after getting up. But I've found that my weight fluctuates so madly that some days I can be 3lbs or 4lbs heavier than the day before and then 2 days later I'll be 5lbs lighter. It was totally depressing, so I don't do it any more.

I'll occasionally get on the scales but I know I don't get the same results as other LL'ers (ie the ones who get always get a downward trend even if its not every day) so I don't really pay much attention to it. It's more that I have a set of scales that also register fat and water content, so I'm interested to see my fat content decrease. For weight I just get on the scales on a Saturday morning at my LL weigh in and breathe in for the result. :)

Never! If I did and it showed something I was not happy with I would not go! all in the mind I know but keeps me on track.

I get on the scales every morning but have to say that I never let any gains bother me - I knew that as I was sticking to the diet I couldn't really 'gain' as such .... and yes I chart them as well, spurs me on to see the difference on the screen like that.

Cath

Back