Weight and clothes sizes

Tracy P

Okay my friend is 5 ft8 -same as me, we both have the same fat ratio 37%, I weigh a couple of pounds less than her but shes a size 14 and I'm only just getting into size 16!! :cry: :sigh: Lets hope I get down to a size 14 by the time we go on holiday!

Do you have different frames Tracy? It's strange isn't it how people differ. You will get there!

It is all very very odd, I was going to mention this the other day but wanted to get round to measuring myself again first.

You think its annoying you are in a 16, I am 20 odd lbs lighter than you and still well and truely in 18s!!! :rotflmao:

xx

I would say that I'm perhaps bigger boned LOL! Then again its been a while since i was skinny so there could be a smaller frame hiding under all this fat :)

Oh Rach, I'm sorry. I'm thinking I'm pear shaped. My arms are okay, boobs have allways been big (BF'ing the kids) its my big belly and thunder thighs that annoy me :(

It's annoying isn't it.

I didn't hit size 16 until I got to 12 stone 0lbs

I have just spotted that all three of us (Tracy, Rach and me) are the same height. I am much the same weight as you Tracy (a few pounds heavier) but quite a bit more than you Rach and I am in an 18 on my bottom half. Am a 16 on the top half. Just goes to show I guess that we either all have different frames or all carry our weight differently. I am dying to get into and out of size 16's!

Thank god I'm a bloke is all i can say, all this size thingy stuff baffles me. Oh and sizes are different all around the world is that right.

and what exactly is a size 0?

Its just crazy, and I know sizes don't matter, but psychologically it helps as when I look in the mirror I don't see any changes iyswim.

Yea, size 0 is the equivalent of our size 2. I know of only one person who is a size 6/8 and eat healthy foods and looked after her body. The others are anorexic and required hospital treatment.

I know where you are coming from Tracy. Also size matters when it comes to shopping as some shops only stock certain sizes.

Jim, you are lucky that you don't have to do the whole womens sizes things. It's much easier for a bloke.

Size 0 must be about the frame of a 12 year old! That's just not right!

But it's all relative isn't it. I know a woman who considers herself fat, she is a size 14, but she is tall and beautifully proportioned. She is tall probably at least 5' 10" and looks fantastic, but nothing you can say makes her feel good, she want to be a size 10. WHY? she is lovely how she is, to be a size 10 she'd have to be a skeleton.

Im in size 14 soon to be 12`s and so miss my size 16 clothes.....
I still shop and pick up my old size clothes, doesnt any1 else do that? Think my head is having trouble keeping up with the weigh loss lol

Woofy X

It is all relative Jim, you are right. I would like to think that once I get closer to target, I won't be governed by dress size and will measure it by looking good. After all, that's what we all want.

Im in size 14 soon to be 12`s and so miss my size 16 clothes.....
I still shop and pick up my old size clothes, doesnt any1 else do that? Think my head is having trouble keeping up with the weigh loss lol

Woofy X

Yes I still do that too. I have to tell myself that the smaller size will fit and don't believe it until I put it on.

Not bothered what my scales say its the case of feeeeeeling gooooood, like you said. After all, its just a label and no1 see it....

Woofy X

I am 5 foot 7 around 17stone and I can get into a size 18. I have a friend the same height who weighs 14stone and is a size 20. I own a pair of fitted trousers in a size 18 that I bought when I was 14stone, they still fit me.

I have no idea what my fat/muscle percentage is but I think I must definately be 'big boned'.

Obviously I would rather weigh more and be a certain size rather than weigh less on the scales and be a bigger clothes size but it does screw with your head sometimes.

On the other hand I remember being 10stone 10 and still needing a size14. Must be those big heavy bones again.

Jac

I was 12'12 & a loose 14, tight 12!
So alot heavier than most of you guys but in a smaller size!
I'm 5'6 & would say I have a large frame!

That's even more confusing because the larger your frame, the larger your clothes need to be because your bones get in the way :D

I'm 5'6" and large frame (was size 11 shoe, now down to 9-9.5, hats always too small, ladies bracelets never fit). I would never get into a size 12, unless it was a big 12 because I can't get it round my bones :eek:

Back