Weight gain on fast start ??

omg... am getting so impatient already!! lol I really hope I can average at 2.5lbs a week! last time I did ww the first month went great, i lost a stone! scared now... scared that it might not work so well the second time!
just got to stay focussed... lol
i just want to have lost 4st already!! hehe.... dont we all!

youre all doing so well girlies! I just hope I can do the same! xx

i usually lose 1 stone in a month but i have alot to lose :) i just cant keep it off, ive been on weight watchers twice both times losing 3 stone and slimming world once losing 2 stone and i have put most back on ooppppps :( my weight pattern normally goes

* 1st week - 7lbs
* 2nd week- 4lbs
* 3rd week - 2lbs
* 4th week -2lbs

im sure youll do great cinderzxx good luck :) xx

thankyou hunny :)... im usually around the 12lbs- 1st a month... but i havent stuck at anything long enough to see the second month out sucessfully without a break and a restart!!

and am not expecting to loose a stone this month coz have holiday slap bang in the middle of it (see... im naughty!), but when im back from that, (aug 20th) it starts properly... try and loose a stone before my birthday nr the end of sept...
xx

i normally get to 3 months and get looking good and get bored !! but im fed up of being lazy and pulling at my clothes when i go out im determined to succeed this time :) xx

I would never aim at anything over 2lbs a week as it's usually 1-2lbs a week, the reason they say lose it slower it stats off us that we learn new habits over a linger period, that's why I think after doing vlcd losing a stone a month never taught me anything, I would love1 stone a month but if I list my 7 stone in 7 months I wouldn't of learnt as much as I will slowly. Also if you are aiming so high on a healthy eating plan and don't hit your stone a month you'll fall off plan as you haven't changed your mind set to life plan , why are you wanting to lose it sooo quickly is it to return to how you ate before ?
A new life style of healthy eating and exercise is what we should all learn and not yoyo as 22 years if that for me made me book a gastric band consultation as I was very demotivated losing and gaining as I wanted it off yesterday, it didn't take 7 months to go on so won't come off that quick hey :)
I hope you find the right head space to accept 1-2lbs a week, I'm still trying but I put this thread on here as I have done ww 100% since march snd wondered why I gained xx
( sorry if mistakes on iPhone) xx

I would never aim at anything over 2lbs a week as it's usually 1-2lbs a week, the reason they say lose it slower it stats off us that we learn new habits over a linger period, that's why I think after doing vlcd losing a stone a month never taught me anything, I would love1 stone a month but if I list my 7 stone in 7 months I wouldn't of learnt as much as I will slowly. Also if you are aiming so high on a healthy eating plan and don't hit your stone a month you'll fall off plan as you haven't changed your mind set to life plan , why are you wanting to lose it sooo quickly is it to return to how you ate before ?
A new life style of healthy eating and exercise is what we should all learn and not yoyo as 22 years if that for me made me book a gastric band consultation as I was very demotivated losing and gaining as I wanted it off yesterday, it didn't take 7 months to go on so won't come off that quick hey :)
I hope you find the right head space to accept 1-2lbs a week, I'm still trying but I put this thread on here as I have done ww 100% since march snd wondered why I gained xx
( sorry if mistakes on iPhone) xx

Brilliant post :)

I totally agree with it, better aiming for say 6/7lbs a month and being delighted when you achieve it and even better if you pass it.

Set it at 10lbs you most likely WONT achieve it then youll look on the 6/7lbs you lost as a disappointment

Size102b you are so right (as usual ;P). So much better to set a realistic goal and be pleased when you achieve it, than to set a high goal and be disappointed.
I've actually been more pleased with some of my smaller losses when they've come on a week where I wasn't expecting much! x

:) thx hunny, ill get there just got to get into it properly. Better to be healthy and change bodyshape thru exercise too. Grrrr got to get my bum bk to the gym!!xx

In all honesty we all want it off quick as its hard doing this week in week out but I actually like my new life of eating properly and exercising.......
If we can get our heads around NO RETURNING TO THE WAY WE WERE BEFORE WW or what ever plan we choose then we never have to yoyo again, whooooo
how fantastic is that, a 'normal' weight for life ? xx

totally agree, this doesn't seem like a 'diet' to me, like say lipotrim or cambridge would. I can eat anything, stay within my points and still lose weight. my doctor told me the best way to lose weight and for it to stay off is to lose 1lb a week, sure if you lost 1lb a week over a year it's 52 lbs!

I know we'd all love quick results but it's not gonna happen!

i had a cheeky weigh last night and according to the scales i weighed on before i started ive lost 3lb (i just hope they are right) anyway 3 days to go until real weigh in x

102 oh my god u have done so well. Dont give up anyways. I remember when u started on this forum,I am in shock, im still lil piggy here and im disgusted with myself. Food seems to win all the time with my head sick of it

Thanks for all your replies and nice comments , appreciate them xxx
The scales had me + 2lbs this morning and I've Been more saintly than a nun in a sex shop ;) so I will just carry on in hope it's nasty retention, I hope I don't get this every month xx

Last edited:
im sure you will have lost :) you have 2 days yet x

The scales had me + 2lbs this morning and I've Been more saintly than a nun in a sex shop ;) so I will just carry on in hope it's nasty retention, I hope I don't get this every month xx

My friend was advised by her doctor to lose weight as, although she was only a couple of stone overweight, she had some health problems which carrying extra weight could aggravate. After providing advice on healthy eating etc, her doctor said she could go into the surgery and be weighed every month if it would help keep her motivated - when she asked it she could do this weekly, her dr told her it wasn't worth it as, due to hormone fluctuations over the month etc, weighing more than once a month may not be an accurate reflection of her weight loss.

Personally, when I first started following WW again and only weighed myself once a month (as I am quite a slow loser and didn't want to be put off if I didn't lose one week) it didn't keep me motivated and I kept cheating, but I thought it was an interesting theory to throw into this thread!

Maybe it might be worth looking at it a bit differently and weighing weekly but look at the picture over the month?

Lesley
X

I just popped onto the scales, ive only lost 4oz!! WI on thur tho lol im being silly and impatient haha, oh well at least no gain. I need some new scales too these ones take two or three goes before they give u a consistent weight i got 4 different weights at wi stepped on them abt 10times til they kept gving me the same number!!xx

im a very very slow loser when i stick to points but it doesnt mean u arent losing weight, start measuring yourself. I bet its coming off in inches still but not showing on scales. I lost a year ago 10 pound and it was coming off so slow i was getting very upset so the girl had me measured (a clinic i was going 2) from the first day i went in and she was shocked i had lost 9 inches off waist. So if its not showing on the scales its prob showing on your measuring tape ;)

Update for weigh in
Well weigh in +2lbs :confused: :mad:

This happened 5 weeks ago exactly the same

I didnt do fast start in the end I was 5 points under in the week but Im Piffed off as I have never gone over points once.

I exercise weekly I stick to plan and yes its not a race but if Im going to put on 2.5lbs every 5 weeks and it I HOPE comes off again the following week its like 2 weeks for nothing.

I last time lost the 2.5lbs the following week no extra like you'd think for the 2 weeks?

Yes my body wants to do this but its pants TBH.

I didnt have a gain for 17 weeks,17 weeks of losses from 1/2lb to 3lbs then I have a new mirena coil and this happens :(,I dont want to have it out but this means I will have extra slow losses now,which ok its not a race but 2 weeks of of 5 with no losses is very demorilising.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back