Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Weight gain question

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by md1972, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. md1972

md1972 Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, newbie here, I've had 4 weight gains in 23 weigh ins so far (mostly alcohol related, 2.5lb after my b'day, 2.5 for 2 weeks at Christmas, a 0.5 random and a 2 after the wife's b'day weekend).

Thing is, the gains have always come the week AFTER I've expected a weight gain.

I weigh in on a Tuesday night, so am assuming this means the weight I gain from excessive weekends takes more than 2 days to show. Anyone else have this gap? I assumed you normally gained weight from excess alcohol and food the same or next day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    When I was at group there was a very lovely lady whose weight loss or gain was always a week behind she believed.

When she went away on holiday for example and then came back and weighed in, it would show a loss.

However, the following week despite having a brilliant week would gain 2 lbs.

She is now at target having lost 3 stone.

I personally believe it is best to take your weightloss over a month rather than a week.

4. ciaomhe

ciaomhe Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    what diet are you doing? Im doing sw and that happens to a lot of people there. They might have a good week and it doesnt show up until the following week or other way about. Its just how our body works, i dont think there is an explaination. If your losing, thats all that counts!!

5. md1972

md1972 Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ta both. I'm doing SW (Extra Easy all the time) and had a lot of food and drink the weekend before last, but did lots of exercise and lost 3.5lb. Last week I had about the usual food/drink, did more even exercise and put 2lb on.
    I agree, I need to look at it over the month, but suppose I'm paranoid as have found it suprisingly easy to lose 3.5 stone since I started at the end of October and am expecting one week for it to suddenly start to become much harder.

6. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    I tend to find that weight loss is always a week behind anyway. This week I weighed in and had only lost 1lb, despite having a fantastic week. This was of course due to my over-indulgence of alcohol and fine foods the week before. I guess everyone is different though x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.