Weight gain question

md1972

Hi, newbie here, I've had 4 weight gains in 23 weigh ins so far (mostly alcohol related, 2.5lb after my b'day, 2.5 for 2 weeks at Christmas, a 0.5 random and a 2 after the wife's b'day weekend).

Thing is, the gains have always come the week AFTER I've expected a weight gain.

I weigh in on a Tuesday night, so am assuming this means the weight I gain from excessive weekends takes more than 2 days to show. Anyone else have this gap? I assumed you normally gained weight from excess alcohol and food the same or next day

When I was at group there was a very lovely lady whose weight loss or gain was always a week behind she believed.

When she went away on holiday for example and then came back and weighed in, it would show a loss.

However, the following week despite having a brilliant week would gain 2 lbs.

She is now at target having lost 3 stone.

I personally believe it is best to take your weightloss over a month rather than a week.

what diet are you doing? Im doing sw and that happens to a lot of people there. They might have a good week and it doesnt show up until the following week or other way about. Its just how our body works, i dont think there is an explaination. If your losing, thats all that counts!!

Ta both. I'm doing SW (Extra Easy all the time) and had a lot of food and drink the weekend before last, but did lots of exercise and lost 3.5lb. Last week I had about the usual food/drink, did more even exercise and put 2lb on.
I agree, I need to look at it over the month, but suppose I'm paranoid as have found it suprisingly easy to lose 3.5 stone since I started at the end of October and am expecting one week for it to suddenly start to become much harder.

I tend to find that weight loss is always a week behind anyway. This week I weighed in and had only lost 1lb, despite having a fantastic week. This was of course due to my over-indulgence of alcohol and fine foods the week before. I guess everyone is different though x

Back