Weight loss again

I love that BBC interview quote "As soon as I started eating normally the weight went back on"" - most of us have a skewed normal meter! And when I was tested, if I eat more than 1600 calories a day, I'll put on weight. so much for 2000 a day! We all need a new normal when we are at goal......
Absolutely. And the whole idea is to find out what this new 'normal' is and adjust to it.... I don't think I'd maintain for a second if I went back to what used to be my "normal"...

Yup! I know that I need to integrate a new normal with my daily life. That will be daily tracking of foods, getting into regular exercise, incorporating eating out and eating at friends' houses, sustaining the weight loss week by week and year by year.

Last time I shed a lot of weight I had a plan - but somehow in the absence of a renewed relationship with my husband, and feeling lonely with no inspiring classes nearby, I just surrendered to putting it back on. Not giving a damn. Wish I hadn't made that choice.

Still - happy I am on track to get back to size 14 so I am not focusing on that. This time I also know that keto/low/carb suits me - as I lost a bit on very lazy keto, so I'll be low carb, medium protein and some good fats. I'll sustain great salads and eating more veg. My vcld includes those from the start (it's all low carb and a little olive oil). So that's a different plan to use daily. I may also try IF or 5:2.

D96. 64.1kg.
Little bit left in the 64s.
Ive been going slooooow but still in the right direction at least (and maintaining in the rest of the time)...
October is gonna be interesting as we're both doing "clean living" for a month. I think my partner is joining in mostly to help me out with going back to the "no alcohol" thing which is very very nice. But then again, he may have (i hope so!) his own health reasons also as a motivation. He did say so but not sure if that motivation is as internalised as trying to do good by me. Nonetheless, as I cannot mind read or know that, I'm hoping that if he sees the health benefits for himself in a week of being healthier, that will turn into internalised motivation. If not, he can give up at any time whilst I will not.

Last edited:
Yup! I know that I need to integrate a new normal with my daily life. That will be daily tracking of foods, getting into regular exercise, incorporating eating out and eating at friends' houses, sustaining the weight loss week by week and year by year.

Last time I shed a lot of weight I had a plan - but somehow in the absence of a renewed relationship with my husband, and feeling lonely with no inspiring classes nearby, I just surrendered to putting it back on. Not giving a damn. Wish I hadn't made that choice.

Still - happy I am on track to get back to size 14 so I am not focusing on that. This time I also know that keto/low/carb suits me - as I lost a bit on very lazy keto, so I'll be low carb, medium protein and some good fats. I'll sustain great salads and eating more veg. My vcld includes those from the start (it's all low carb and a little olive oil). So that's a different plan to use daily. I may also try IF or 5:2.
Yes I hear you on this. That's why im also testing out various models - just to see what will work for me long term. Im not decided yet though. Going keto seems like the most appealing thing right now for me also, most sustainable with the odd 1 day every couple of weeks when Id go out or have a larger meal with carbs in it. Or also as you are saying that combined with IF. One thing is for sure - ill be on here once I finish my diet and go into maintenance also, this site and your own progress and stories really keep me accountable as if it were only me and my scales it would get rather lonely!

Last edited:
@AliGal how did they test to see what your calorie intake should be? I remember when i was maintaining 1200 would be pretty much it for me if i didn't do any exercise. Any physical activity at that point would help me go downwards but very slowly. When i was actively gaining and was trying to lower my calories again...i was consuming about 2000cals a day. Id have to exercise daily to almost maintain. So i know thats a no-no goal for me in terms of intake. When i started in here i was thinking maybe i could go as high as 1500 when at goal but now im starting to doubt that will be a good maintain intake for me unless, again, I exercise daily which i do not think is going to be sustainable for me....

My Alevere clinic has a machine that also reports on body composition including visceral fat, muscle/fat per limb/torso etc. https://uk.inbody.com/ They also use to make sure you are loosing fat and not muscle. Not sure how the metabolic rate report is generated. They used to use the MedGem - a breath test - for metabolic rate.

This bit of kit is currently being tested in some Cambridge university research - compared to the lab kit (you know that box you get put into with a mask on). The inbody is based on algorithms - so it will be interesting to see the comparative results of that research. I find it very motivating - and interesting to see how one leg or arm varies from the other.

I think refeeding needs 50-100 calories per day per week increase with really careful management of carb intake - to find the steady state without weight gain. The Lipotrim refeeding PDf has a useful explanation of their process. For me, getting to steady is a key goal. Not sure what the actual scale weight will be. Size 14 - and either 14/16 or 12/14 - depending on how I look. probably somewhere between 11-13 stone, with a 34 or 32 inch waist. I think my goal in the Alevere programme is 12 stone. I was last 12 stone in 1978! I want something i can sustain through my older age as I don't want to be a fat woman in a wheelchair! I also don't want a gaunt face. I've lost one spare chin - just one more to go.

Isn't it wierd that the body is so uneven? Unusually for a right handed person my left leg has more muscle than my right according to InBody. that makes sense as I had a dodgy knee and still lead with my left leg down stairs when I have plant fasciitis. Its' also more water - Oedema in that leg is still not good - although both my feet have sgarnk - less water retention. Right now I've lost a side bulge on my left side between the waist and the top of the thigh but still have 2-3lb+ of fat bulging out on the right side - it's a BIG bulge. Asymetrical!

Edited to add: https://inbodyusa.com/blogs/inbodyblog/86958337-your-metabolism-and-your-body-composition/ interesting read.

Last edited:
D97. 64kg on the dot.
Today i change the journey to the next milestone: 59kg. When i get there i will be in the home-run to the end goal.
I had a bit of a blowout again yesterday thats taken me from 800cals to just a bit over 1000. The silver lining is what i chose for the blowout: pistachios (unsalted etc, just the raw uncooked stuff), 1 exante bar and 1 babybell. That is quite funny for a naughty blowout i reckon. My fitbit just says i got "in the zone" rather than being under fed for the day so thats interesting.
Anyhoo - i spent too long going through this one milestone and I am preparing for October to be a clean month to get me in the home run as soon as it is possible.
Old friends are visiting me today and have already decided ill have a few drinks (its the last one before october starts). The goal is to stay at or under 5 units for the entire encounter and stick to 800cals for the day made out of exante/my own low carb ready made meals. I only have this one goal for the day and itd make me feel so good and in control (while still enjoying life) if i managed to keep to it. Nervous about failure, of course, but i keep reminding myself and writing in my CBT notes about the benefits of sticking to what i planned for myself, the motivations behind it, and the evidence showing that i can do it and can indeed have fun without the booze and food. Here goes nothing - fingers crossed...gah, im such an anxious human 😛

Bang on! Lovely day out showing my new city to old friends ive not seen in ages. Had a lovely time and more lovely times have been planned in :) i disclosed my diet and they were receptive, nonintrusive and supportive when i said i would come over to visit if theyre fine with me not drinking in the next month. So thats all good.
I am at 4 units of alcohol. Had 1 exante for breakfast, an amended to keto English breakfast for lunch, and japanese soup with chicken and low carby veg (there was some sort of japanese cucumber, beansprouts, lettuce and kolhrabi in there and thats was it) for dinner (no noodles!). Im in awe at the soup section in all oriental restaurants - if you dont have the noodles, its all keto, low carb yummy goodness - they are becoming my favourite places as ppl around can have all the stuff they want and doesnt put any pressure on me to choose too much and its really nice! Also turns out most eating places are happy to replace the carbs for another egg or mushroom (told them not to give me bread and beans and i dont miss em), and you can easily ask for soup with just broth/veg without noodles, and that is fine for people (the restaurant ppl i mean)! Im chuffed. Just under 800cals for today. Yay! Going to bed before i get any smart ideas :p

Last edited:
Went on a search. Found this little gold nugget: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/14/six-of-the-best-pho-recipes

All the sugar - leave out or replace with half a parsnip. Or less as your carbs for the days still allow. Otherwise only just lose the noodles in each recipe and you are fine. If you need more non sugar low carb veg suggestions, I'm here as ive been tasting and testing. 150max parsnip does it. Or less and some peas gets the sugary taste in.. :D

In the spirit of honesty. I didn't go to bed. Had another drink. Brought me to 5units. 12,679 steps; 1.5l water (whaaa i surely must've fogotten something!), 764 calories intake, 967 cals deficit. Cool. bed time

Last edited:
D98. 64.9kg.
Good MP day ongoing. Hope everyone is having a nice chilled Sunday

Hi lovely just checking in. Catching up on your diary.

I’m still 13st, re start tomorrow for entire of October. I’m being filmed for BBC and it’s stressing me out!

I to would recommend relate. 16 weeks and my marriage is still surviving.

Week 15. D99. 64kg again on the dot.
Oh how the entry in the 63s avoids me. Not for long i think, ive been here too long so i am bound to get a whoosh some time soon. Or so i think.
October is here. Yay!
-------
1st day of october and of my project for this month, within a TS-ish week is going fab. Only just had my 2nd shake and im not hungry or craving despite already having done 10k steps. Will be at squash this afternoon also. I'm saying TS-ish as i shall have a babybell or smth like that if i move a lot on certain days - 600/3 meals only is for when i do mainly nothing. I'm home alone tonight as my partner is at training out of town so it's going to be a very me-time afternoon.
---------
Finishing a good day. Over 15k steps, 3.75l water, TS with a bit of cheese.

Last edited:
Hi lovely just checking in. Catching up on your diary.

I’m still 13st, re start tomorrow for entire of October. I’m being filmed for BBC and it’s stressing me out!

I to would recommend relate. 16 weeks and my marriage is still surviving.
Heya! Welcome back!
Wow, what are you being filmed on? :) im sure it's going to be great. How are things going on your side? You seem to have maintained really well

Last edited:
D100. 63.7kg
I knew the 63s were just around the corner. Anyhoo. I can go lower through the numbers this month to get to my next milestone. I know i can. I am doing it.
-------
A very good 100ed day finishing on TS, with 3 exantes (as I only sat on my bum all day) and 3l water. Looking forward to tomorrow. Must be the keto good mood :)

Last edited:
D101. 63.5kg. Grams are coming down.
Day 3 of october and 28 days left in my little experiment. I wonder how I'll feel by the end of it...Still not craving anything although last evening in bed I was thinking about chicken a lot...no matter. I might have a bit this evening if i end up doing more steps, to ensure that thought doesn't become some big elephant...
--------
Started the day well and still ongoing. The high levels of work and tasks has commenced this week and I will be extremely busy at least until 5th December. Feeling overwhelmed and extremely anxious (although it's been a really good day). Although I know logically it's all do-able I can feel my heart pounding at miles per hour... I am hoping my painting class in a moment will help me chill a bit. I am hoping and going to help myself not break today while seeking comfort/a way to relax. If I do I won't hold it against myself - some control over the month will be better than nothing and I need to acknowledge and give myself credit for the control I am enacting. However I'd feel so much better about everything if I kept to plan today. I look forward to going home...
-------
Almost 11pm. Painting course was fab but still stressed out of my mind due to multiple reasons. Felt like poo today in that respect.
Anyway. Had 3 units today. Back on it tomorrow. TS day on the plan today otherwise. 10K steps and 3.75l water and more to come.
A tiny blip. Itll get better. Expecting water retention due to alcohol tomorrow; note to self - need to find additional ways to manage these things.

Last edited:
D102. Travelling today/tomorrow. Gonna get rockin and rolling.
Had a blip with those units yesterday. Could've been worse and could've been better. Drawing a line and counting again the good days...1, 2, 3.
Ill get some mindfulness going to help prevent this going forward.
---------
Super busy stressful day of travelling and stuff not going quite right etc. Did a MP-ish day as i needed to keep my mind and body going until now on full power. So 2 exantes and a keto salad. 16k steps, 4.5l water. Despite de stress no binge wants or desires or alcohol so thats good. I will slowly start dealing with stuff better. One day at a time. Ill have to have this journey again soon so at least i know what to expect next time.

Last edited:
Back