Weight loss again

Finishing a good 600cal day with a lot of tea and water but less steps.

D91. 64.3kg
I kinda hate how my body reacts to colds. Some people get one, are out for a couple of days and then they're fine. For me they start slowly, lure me in a sense of false security for a while and then they hit hard or turn into infections that take weeks to get rid of. My throat and sinuses feel like ive got pins in them bah. Not feeling that bad that i dont want to function but im keeping it on a low today/tomorrow so I dont make it worse. I agreed with a friend that wed go to squash tomorrow evening and i really want to be able to do it....ill be batch cooking stuff today for the coming week and weeks to replenish the low cal low carb home made resources in the freezer. Ill also be doing a tad bit of work from home today. But covered by blankets and surrounded by meds, tea, and water.

Last edited:
Felt rather ill today. Did the bit of work and then slept for most of the day. Im going back to bed now as ive got a high fever and im not feeling ok at all. Ill be working from home tomorrow as i cant afford taking days off. Hopefully the sleep will put me back on my feet and will be able to do stuff again. My mind wants to but my body says nay. Heyho.

Start of Week 14. D92.
64.3kg just like yesterday (141.7lb, 10.12st)
Weekly loss= 2kg (4.4lb)

Cold-wise i feel even worse than yesterday. Cancelled on squash although I feel very bad to need to do that. Fever, sneezing, throat and sinuses blocked, I've got the whole lot. Not weighted in yet but will do it in a moment. Will stay in bed covered with blankets, kitties and paperwork which ill do in between sips of tea and sleep.
No meetings at work tomorrow so id be able to stay in again if i need to apart from the tummy scan which i cannot miss.
Id really like to do my batch cooking today but ill see if i can find the energy. Ill see how i go one moment at a time....some plain chicken broth would really make me happy right now...

Last edited:
Very positive reading, well done for getting through so far! Am literally just about to start my VLCD - starting lighterlife on the first of October. Just waiting for my food packs to arrive and trying to get mentally ready! Reading other people’s stories like this is helpful and encouraging, I’m really hoping to get somewhere this time!

Keep up the good work :)

Cat x
Thank you! And much of good luck to you on your journey also. It is so very do-able - its just about getting the right frame of mind one step at a time and keeping in mind that It's not always going to be straightforward. These VLCD diets really do push a person to figure out their triggers towards foods in a way I had not imagined when I started.
I like that you're on LL. I bought myself some from Superdrug a couple of months back, just to test out what else is there on the market. Exante have some really nice products also but it was good having some alternatives within the same calorific range. I absolutely loved the bolognese and chicken and corn soup. Do you have any favourites yet?

D93. Not weighted in.
Feeling much better today. Ended up doing my batch cooking yesterday and I upped my calories to 1200 as a test. Felt okay but a bit too much somehow. The food seems to help with my cold. Will be taking it easy today though as i dont feel at 100% yet.

For a day when im still poorly did quite a lot :/ closing on 10k steps, had only 1 meal at 4pm that was 800cal altogether (pub food, mainly keto with v few finger counted carbs) and 4l water. I had the scan mid day at the other end of the city so couldnt eat anything until i had it. Then took ages in traffic to get anywhere. Parteners been mopey all day and not said anything other than that everything is fine and lovely... Then decided to open up saying things are not fine 20mins before my consellor appointment in late afternoon... Great. Having a gin now waiting for him to come from the gym and have a chat. I think my new lifestyle (for him, not for me as ive been trying to get back to this for the past 3 years and its finally working with or without blips) of eating healthly, calculating and planning stuff, going to bed and waking up earlier (vs him) and drinking alcohol less often is putting a spanner in things. Donno. May be projecting. On the up side - found a shop called Hobby Craft. Its huge and like heaven for hobbies. First time i went in it. And.... Will be making my own xmas cards this year and maybe some decorations for loved ones also. Madly excited! Also got myself somd new bits and pieces for my painting. Now to negotiate my me-time with partner for this as well as the calm i achieved and want to protect for my diet. As tonight, I am not calm in that respect....

Long chat with partner. Intense. Mind-blown. Nevermind. Communication channels are fine. Tweaking needed to relationship... Worried because.... He's only had v short term teenage relationships and seeing our stuff from that perspective VS me having only been in long term...and a married relationship that I today I realise he doesn't get the depth of these things. Worried. Communication is good. I'm relying on that. Need to get myself running and cycling again tho... NO. Need to keep controlling food and booze intake in stressful moments. Food makes more % of daily burn than exercise does...especially when its rainy, grim outside or you feel grim and especially grim in your soul.. Do NOT run back to food, whatever your nemesis is! (in my case, im now thinkin of bread and butter, thats my nemesis, but will not give in!). Okay. Next day now please.

Sending you all the strength and calm for today... Well done for getting the communication going. I'm glad you have good channels, even if things come out of the blue. You're not going to have bread and butter... It will make you feel sick. You've done so well with triggers and being aware: keep going! Don't let perfect get in the way of good.

D94. 64.7kg.
Thank you gals :) all will be fine. I know it will be - its just one of those things i guess, chats are needed but no need for me to go overboard with anxiety.
I did not have the bread and butter. So i did finish yesterday a good MP day. Today ive already had just over 700calories so i think that's me done for the day in terms of eating. Going out for my painting course

Have fun - and well done for today. You are building that control muscle!

Knew you wouldn't!

Hope the painting course is really enjoyable. Was laughing that you found a Hobbycraft - WOW those places are dangerous. I don't even like sequins! Why do I have them!

Have fun - and well done for today. You are building that control muscle!
Control muscle is exactly what it is! Haha i like that expression, it does put things in a nice perspective.

D95. Had to rush into work rather early so I didn't get to weight in today. I may leave it for when I get back in.
The last few days of rest have proven helpful - back on my feet from the cold which feels very good!

I love that BBC interview quote "As soon as I started eating normally the weight went back on"" - most of us have a skewed normal meter! And when I was tested, if I eat more than 1600 calories a day, I'll put on weight. so much for 2000 a day! We all need a new normal when we are at goal......

Back