Weight loss again

Did anyone ever notice....i wonder...that meals you find more palatable are more filling? For ppl with binge monsters like me - reduces the extent or want of the binges...I was pondering which soup to have tonight. I was thinking of something nice...and decided to have some of my own frozen cabbage soup - not had it yet btw, just been calculating macros and calories - (at under 200cals per portion) vs an exante at 200 or lighterlife at 150cals (although i find that a tad nicer somehow...but i dont want such a low calorie meal when im trying to stick to 600 keto this week and i cant be bothered with calculating other stuff to get me to 600...). That keeps me wondering... As it seems that (excluding restaurant meals which you can only estimate in the end...) when i do have things to eat i make for myself (if im not underestimating my calories/recipes through some weird cognitive bias which i am tryin to control) that i really like my own (nowadays standard) egg, bacon, spinach, babybell). It controls my binges for a longer time. Do not know i guess i need to keep testing for myself but i wonder if anyone has had a similar effect with this or other products (ie. On man plan ive become accustomed to dipping roast asparagus and bacon slices in a poached egg which comes towards 2- 300cals max or depending on quantities). I had some thoughts of food/cravings today. For oven baked bell peppers and aubergine. I found that funny. But the idea is...if you crave something "yummy" have a list of keto foods you really like. Quantities are an issue as they need controlling...(and i have problems with that!) but... If it will keep me away from binging on bread (or whatever anyone else's nemesis is!), bring on cabbage and bacon...:/ i think, i say...might be wrong. Don't know.

Last edited:
Honesty is the best policy :classic_big_grin:

That's one of the main things I am trying to change about myself cos boy am I good at the old denial :classic_tongue:

Dxxx
Trying to kick denial in the bum. Somehow :/... I realise how analytical and detailed my diary is at times and sometimes i feel guilty about that. It's like that because i try to kick my denial bits into order... And i find that when im struggling in any way looking back on my old posts helps me...(its not a narcissistic thing, i considered that :/, it's just account of...'when did this happen before, and why?'). In the end (i tell myself) its my own diary and people can choose to ignore or not becausd my focus is how im doing in this so difficult process and this is what all our diaries (for all of us!) should be for...no?

i agree with you re keto foods you like being a good binge deterrent. That level of protein and fats are also filling. I just looked up the pho soup and found a nice looking recipe for when I'm maintaining. I think I would add some shirataki noodles too. http://www.insulinresistancerecipes.com/easy-low-carb-beef-pho/
Glad your re-entry to work has gone ok. And I love yr diary. Thank you!
edited to add: I'd also replace the sugar with some erythitol

D87. 65.8kg.
Up indeed.. yoyo much? Yesterday 1 drink turned into 4, turning what was initially a good TS into a sandwich at the end of the day (as I no longer wanted to go chill when I said I would). At least i seem to be having less at each blowout I guess...silver lining...but I did end up deciding to throw good intentions and what was a good TS day out of the window...Trying again today.

Last edited:
A small meal of the good stuff (eggs and spinach, oh my! And you know where I stand on the red cheeses of joy :)) is so fulfilling.

You've done so well, just keep trucking. Like you say, you can look back over this diary and find all the times you have conquered adversity.

Hope you hit your goals today. It's an evolution with lots of delicate moving parts, sometimes gears stick xx

Good morning/afternoon course for work and even better painting class in the afternoon. Again all that anxiety was unnecessary. Good TS day with 12k steps and 4l water. Im off to bed to make it stay a good day!

D88.65.2kg
Both myself and my parter have a bad cold. Freshers flu i believe :/ hes more advanced than me but my glands are all swollen, head feels like its got bricks in it, starting to get snotty, and can't stop shivering. Im v constipated also. Gah. Itll go away. Still need to get into work for a bit while im not as bad as him but will make it a shorter day there and take some work home with me for the afternoon.

Do you count steps with Fitbit?
Great work with the water
Yup. Fitbit. All the way. Finding the water thing rather easy actually as im thirsty all the time :/

Poor you. Take care and look after yrself.

Found this funny because... guess what I was going to do this October - together with my partner, just to do it well haha https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ber-october-lead-to-long-term-health-benefits
Well, I at least I am trying to reduce it all to max twice a week on an ongoing basis with less and less units being consumed at every sitting. Food and drinks are so closely linked though - I realised for myself that sometimes I drink to justify a food binge or I food binge to justify a drink. There's no winning, is there? Yeah there is. Reducing quantities progressively, albeit difficult!
I also find it funny because the 'Go Sober' for a month can be as successful as Exante if after one is done, they go on an absolute binge rather than trying to maintain. It's encouraging that Sussex found that these sort of strategies do indeed push some people into taking a more measured approach - but I am sure the dropout would have been significant and many people wouldn't have reduced their intake over a significant amount of time. One thing I indeed noticed is that at least all the shops/restaurants and people are a lot more encouraging during the Dry January and this Sober October times. I wonder sometimes why they're not as supportive around the year, but maybe this is the beginning of that revolution
Also this is good for my motivation for tomorrow. It's a colleague's leaving do and I do want to have a drink but I would not want to go over 2 servings. Still preparing mentally for that - at least these people do not engage in rounds so in that sense it will be easy to control

Last edited:
An interesting read. I used to drink a lot - and then lived with someone who prefers beer - so stopped drinking wine most days. I would sometimes have a spirit or pimms and mixer - but had almost stopped that. So stopping to shed this weight hasn't been hard for me. I do recommend getting some nice alternatives - I've a sodastream and will have a slice of lime and ice, a couple of drops of angostura bitters or those small robinson squash thingies. I also drink pepsi max (I did the taste taste - and abandoned diet coke!).

I've become very good at asking for sparkling water at events - and don't JADE* when people comment. If necessary, I may say "I prefer water" or "Not for me today" - said with certainty, I don't get hassled. I also now find drunk people boorish - so may go home a little earlier. My liver was fatty when I started from food - the function was back to normal within a month.
* I don't justify, argue, defend or explain (JADE).

D89. 64.6kg :rainbow:
Yesterday had a lot of TLC and medicines and tea and water. Good TS-ish day (still under 700 for the day) supplemented with a slice of cheese and one of ham as I felt i needed it. Although not 100%, I feel better today cold-wise so all that must've helped!

Last edited:
D90. 65kg.
Gave myself a break last night and enjoyed it. Had a great night out with my colleagues, the sort of evening ive not had in many years. I felt i wanted to enjoy it guilt free as it doesnt happen often any longer and for me personally this was very significant. These next two days will be TSs. Testing different strategies for myself here.
I will try aiming every week for either the standard of TS or MP depending on what's going on in my week. Not sure if that will work (Ive already learnt that whatever I plan for myself doesn't really always stand true in action and any plan should be amended to incorporate that) but it seemed to be pretty good this week. I am finding that trying to be too restrictive with myself ar this stage is just a bit counterproductive so I am giving myself a range (TS to MP) to aim for. So...mostly MP next week followed by a mostly TS the week after and so on.

In other news... I fit perfectly in size 10 things - shirts, stiff trousers etc. Ive started to wear things I've kept in bags for the past 3 years and when i look in the mirror i feel like im seeing finally my own mental representation of myself tether than the fat blob i saw when i started this diary.
Given that and that I am indeed feeling healthier I feel it's a bit more tricky to keep to TS strictly but still struggling if I ate more as in the MP. This is why alternating them and having odd break days feels very rewarding and I am ending up not actually bingeing on the break days but just having the odd "naughty thing" and then carrying on. I kind of like this but there's still work i need to do on it!
How my plan has amended from my first ever post to today... Incredible. Also Ive learnt going teetotal is not a goal for me and not useful. Couple of times a week while i still have the lifestyle that i do will be fine for me and i would like to stick to that or less (or more even) depending on what's going on in my life without guilt or too much praise from myself. This is such a soul searching/getting to know myself journey, I'm thankful i found exante and this site to start me on it.

Last edited:
Very positive reading, well done for getting through so far! Am literally just about to start my VLCD - starting lighterlife on the first of October. Just waiting for my food packs to arrive and trying to get mentally ready! Reading other people’s stories like this is helpful and encouraging, I’m really hoping to get somewhere this time!

Keep up the good work :)

Cat x

Back