Weight loss buddy anyone??

Thanks, i'm Jo 40 from Coventry, i have been on SW since May 2010. My wi is Wednesday had a bit of a glitch last week and gained 1 1/2 lbs. Back on track now so hopefuly a loss this week.
Hi Jo - Nice to meet you x

I have good intentions of going swimming 3-4 times a week - but more often than not I fail. I try and walk on my breaks at work but I know this isn't anywhere near enough.

It's my next battle - getting my head into the exercise zone

I have good intentions of going swimming 3-4 times a week - but more often than not I fail. I try and walk on my breaks at work but I know this isn't anywhere near enough.

It's my next battle - getting my head into the exercise zone

I wish I could go 3 or 4 times a week - I go once a week - I try and do my excercise bike daily, I walk lots and occasionally do a work out dvd. I need to start getting my muscles in my stomach to start working again they have had quite enough time sleeping!

I struggle to get to the gym or a class as i work full time and my hubby works evenings so i need to be at home for the kids. I walk most lunch times, and occasionally walk the 3 miles to work. I have just started to exercise using the wii, mainly wii fit and biggest loser. I aim to do 20-30 mins 4-5 times a week. must be working as last week could hardly walk, must be waking a few muscles up.

Morning Buddys,

Happy Monday. Hope this is the start of a great week for all of you.

Zoe xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good morning to you too! Just walked 2 miles to work and have brought scan bran for lunch. Can't say I'm too excited about it. Weigh in tomorrow x

Every time I try to add an avatar it says invalid image? I've posted over 20 times, not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Oooh I don't know, I've hit the 20 posts so I shall see when I do it! Yowser! You all seem to be really making an effort exercising! I know I have to as well, only collect kids from school - 5 min journey each way and maybe go on the old wii fit once a week! I was looking at the zumba work out DVDs, does anyone know if they're any good? It seems very popular at the mo.

Wish me luck for my WI tonight! I'm sooooo nervous, muller light yog and banana for brekkie! X

Good luck for tonight, you'll be fine! Zumba for the Wii comes out on 1st April, I'm quite excited about that ;-) Excercise is one of those things in which you have to find something you enjoy. I love walking, I walk everywhere I can, with 3 kids it helps to clear my head. Zumba is fantastic too, I feel great when I've been to a class, really happy and healthy. Unfortunately I can only go to one class a week as my OH works nights, so that's why I'm so excited about the Wii game coming out x

It took a few hours after I hit 20 posts for the site to update and let me add my avatar.

So, tell me, what is Zumba? And is it suitable for very unfit birds who smoke aka me?

Zxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, confession I smoke too. Zumba is basically dancy excercise moves to Latin American/ African type music. It's a right laugh, it doesn't matter what size, how old, how fit you are....because the room is very lowly lit and everyone's moves along at their own level and it really doesn't matter if you get the moves wrong, as you're still moving your butt! They queue out of the door and into the car park at my local class. Not saying it's for everyone as nothing is, but everyone I've spoken to says it's addictive. (helps if you get a hunky man taking the class, to follow his hip movements ;-))

Not sure what's wrong with me today. I'm absolutely desperate to get on teh scales and see how I'm doing. Pretty sure I can't wait unil Wednesday when it's WI day.
This may be the first time ever that I'm convinced a diet is working for me. So, be prepared for the fall out Wednesday lunch because if I don't lose I will be devastated.

I'm trying lots of suggestions I've find on here that are meant to boost the loss - of course if it works I don't know which one was successful :/

I'm having a cup of hot water and lemon every morning as soon as I get up, I've mixed things up by throwing in a few green days this week (GOD I love green days) and today I'm going to start boosting my superspeeds by having half a melon per day in a snack box for picking at work as well as my normal superspeed fruit salad of strawberries/blackberries/blueberries/raspberries.

There may be major crying on Wednesday if this doesn't work.

Zxx

A sharing moment:

I found this pic on facebook last night. It was a works night out bowling so at a guess it's about 10 years old. I'd just started doing weightwatchers as I thought I was huge. From memory I was roughly 12 stone-ish. I know I'd managed to get my backside into a pair of size 14 trousers as those jeans are a 12 with stretch!! I still have them somewhere. Anyway - I'm using this as my inspiration wake up call this week.

n670700795_295380_1449.jpg

I'm pulling a face by the way - my chin isn't really that huge

Good afternoon all,

I have a rare day off today I had some holiday to use up so I took today off. Had a lay in got up around 9ish had breakie (speciak K Clusters) and then jumped on the excercise bike and did 15 miles felt totally shattered after but burned around 700 cals I then made my lunch which was homemade chicken noodle soup.I had this bang on 12 as the cycling had also made me hungry

I'm now just chilling on the sofa with a diet cola. I did some cleaning but decided I really need to chill out as work over the next few weeks is going to get very stressful (which doesnt help weight loss) So best start out nice and relaxed!

How are your days going?

Nats x

Thanks hun, hmmm Zumba on wii fit, that sounds good! Will have a look for that one me thinks.

Wow Zoe, that is a great pic of you and you sound like you're doing really well! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for Weds?

Good afternoon all,

I have a rare day off today I had some holiday to use up so I took today off. Had a lay in got up around 9ish had breakie (speciak K Clusters) and then jumped on the excercise bike and did 15 miles felt totally shattered after but burned around 700 cals I then made my lunch which was homemade chicken noodle soup.I had this bang on 12 as the cycling had also made me hungry

I'm now just chilling on the sofa with a diet cola. I did some cleaning but decided I really need to chill out as work over the next few weeks is going to get very stressful (which doesnt help weight loss) So best start out nice and relaxed!

How are your days going?

Nats x

Well done on the exercise Nats 15 miles thats fantastic, i'm sure if i did that my bum woiuld be sore for a week.

Thanks, you have inspired me to get the wii fit out tonight. Have been good today, having a Red day as feeling a bit bloated.
Jo x

Thanks hun, hmmm Zumba on wii fit, that sounds good! Will have a look for that one me thinks.

Wow Zoe, that is a great pic of you and you sound like you're doing really well! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for Weds?

Never tried Zumba myself but all the girls at work say how great it is. my hubby has preordered the Zumba for wii from Amazon as a mothers day pressie from the kids. Have no coordination and two left feet so she be interesting.
Jo x

Not sure what's wrong with me today. I'm absolutely desperate to get on teh scales and see how I'm doing. Pretty sure I can't wait unil Wednesday when it's WI day.
This may be the first time ever that I'm convinced a diet is working for me. So, be prepared for the fall out Wednesday lunch because if I don't lose I will be devastated.

I'm trying lots of suggestions I've find on here that are meant to boost the loss - of course if it works I don't know which one was successful :/

I'm having a cup of hot water and lemon every morning as soon as I get up, I've mixed things up by throwing in a few green days this week (GOD I love green days) and today I'm going to start boosting my superspeeds by having half a melon per day in a snack box for picking at work as well as my normal superspeed fruit salad of strawberries/blackberries/blueberries/raspberries.

There may be major crying on Wednesday if this doesn't work.

Zxx

Try and resist the scales Zoe, i weighed myself this morning as feeling bloated and now i am convinced i will have a gain on Wednesday. Like you i have been eating lots of speed foods today and am having a Red day as carbs bloat me.
Good luck for Weds
Jox

The Minus Household has made a monumental cock up.

The quorn sausages we're using for making our lunchtime pasta aren't free at all - they have syns. I'm just trying to establish with The Mother via text which Tesco sausages she bought so I can see how far off track I'm likely to be. The Mother is a very slow texter so it may take a while. Until I hear back I can't work out if I'm allowed a syns treat at work.

Bottoms bottoms bottoms

*sigh*

Zxx

Back