Weight loss... changes you've noticed...

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Maintainer, 18 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Something Jacqs said in her diary reminded me of how I used to get very apprehensive before flying; not because I'm a nervous passenger, but because ONCE I'd had to request the pregnant woman's extension belt, and I was so mortified.

So... as you lose weight, are there things becoming easier for you than before. Post here, and they might help us all in our tougher moments.

I also recall being able to easily fasten my own laces, without having to contort...

I also sleep far less... and am far more energetic generally...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    Great post Jo.
    I have more energy and less of a chinese telephone directory full of chins ;)

I was in a shop the other day and was walking past the mirrors for sale and wondered who that person was with a decent set of legs (covered in jeans ) and butt - it was me! I suppose i only see my legs from looking down where they always look really fat but i was extremely happy! they look awful when im naked like wobbly, fat mishapen sausages, but covered in a size 12 pair of jeans i dont look too bad! (now just got to have my head feeling the same way as the mirror looks!)

4. Bubblemum

Bubblemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    ooh My boobs are more like boobs and not just another roll of flab lol.
    Stuff I only used to wear to bed because they were tight round my hips with jeans on all fit me now, I have more energy, more supple, I keep thinking I have shrunk because my jeans are trailing on the floor

5. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Great idea for a thread, Maintainer! This kind of thing gives you such an incredible boost.

I'm finding that I can fit back into some of my slimmer clothes - even if they are still a bit tight. When I look into the mirror, I now longer cringe quite so much at my belly - it's looking a lot flatter and my waist has most definitely returned!

From a health viewpoint, I have asthma and was getting out of breath very easily when walking briskly anywhere, but have noticed that I don't anymore. Plus the arthritis I've had for most of my life isn't hurting my knees so much now.

6. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    I have more energy usually (October is a bit of a write-off for me thogh) and more motivation for just about everything.

Am happier knowing that my risk of diabetes (and the rest) has been lowered.

Am narked though;)! Bought new jeans (2 pairs) a fortnight ago and they're too loose now. Of course, I've worn them so no refund. Oh well, there's a positive in there somewhere - need size 40 jeans. Still need size 44 tops (but better than needing size 46!)

7. scrumper

scrumper Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.2lb(19.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan / bodytrim
    lol i was thinking things yesterday lol
    my knees which have always podged out are going down (inwards im on about)
    thighs still podgy but dont cause friction burns when i walk anymore
    asthma again managed a fast walk up an incline this morning without keeling over
    my boobs are rapidly disappearing which is fine as since the kids they have been more spaniels ears , so not complaining
    and of course my tummy doesnt look like im 2yrs pregnant any more

8. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    ooooh friction burns at the top of my legs when big and sweaty in the summer... oooh I remember that!

9. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    oh me too Jo!

10. dukandebut

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    And jeans wearing out at the tops of the inner thighs!

11. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    jeans? JEANS? I wore my very first pair ever at the great old age of 38! So another good thing - I now can wear JEANS!

12. Vickki

Vickki Full Member

Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    My undies dont squeal everytime I go to put them on now :) :) I was convinced the dryer was shrinking them!! xxxxxxx

13. kidsmademefat

kidsmademefat Full Member

Diet:
    dukan
    my boobs have GONE :( i used to be a B cup even when i was skinny back when i was a teenager and now i am an A!!!!!!!!! or less than that if they made them lol. My husband promised me a boob job before i had the kids if breastfeeding made them saggy but now i need an enlargement. Its the first thing everyone says to me when i see them for the first time since the diet.

14. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Vickki the undies thing is great.

One of my faves is towels not leaving a gap anymore.
    Was very excited about the hotel towels fitting round me :D

The seats on the plane and in the cinema and theatre being less of an issue is terrific.

Being able to do more walking without a rest. Dragging my suitcase to the bus station on sunday I was moaning in my head how heavy it was then realised it weighs less than I've lost and I used to carry all that extra round daily.

My shuttle driver kept recommending pool parties I should attend, pretty sure no one needs to see me in a swimsuit but i doubt he would have recommended them to last year me.

I'm getting more appreciative looks ;) I may still be big but now I have a figure again, not just a blob, I'm getting a bit more attention.

15. dukandebut

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    There's absolutely nowt wrong with curves, jaqys - I bet you're looking great now! :)

16. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    that's fabulous to read Jacqs...

17. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    I agree with everything said above - esp about jeans rubbing between the legs & chafing in summer...:eek:

I am generally fitter now - I can do my usual cycle routes and not be out of breath when I get over the railway bridge (Cambridge is generally fairly FLAT...). There is a traffic light just after it and one evening I was stopped there and thought; "Hang on - I am usually getting my breath back right now" :D It was a revelation!

I can do yoga better - and that's not just with practice. For 'tree pose' (Tree Pose (Vrksasana) - Yoga Poses at Yogatic at Yogatic) I can actually keep my leg up without having to hold it with my hand which is what I'd been doing for about 2 years. My balance is still not perfect but much much better. My hands can meet across my back, the list goes on and on.

On the other hand, I have less padding and the floor is much harder now ;)

And yes, my boobs have gone too. They were never huge (small B) and BFing two kids didn't help (down to A), but now :( AA ...

People have been complimenting me on my clothes and figure, and I really noticed lots of glances at my new (knee length) skirt and legs in boots when I wore them for the first time last week. And I did not have to feel self-conscious because I knew they looked just right and I had nothing to hide! Up to this point I have only ever worn calf-length or longer skirts, because I was so self-conscious of my chunky calves! They are still on muscular side :D - that runs in the family, but they just look better proportioned now.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. dukandebut

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    That's fantastic, Anja! How wonderful that you have so much more self-confidence now, and I'm seriously impressed with the tree pose. (I do Pilates, but I have no sense of balance so I think I would be hopeless at Yoga.)

Yep, it's not just about looking better, it's about feeling better, too.

20. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Absolutely... "feeling better" is more than half the battle.
    (I can recall going on a beach in the South of France in a BIKINI weighing 16 stones... I had just lost 5 stone, and felt GREAT! I wouldn't now, I hasten to add!!!)

21. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Hee hee I haven't OWNEd a bikini since age ~14!!

Another thing I noticed, not sure if positive or negative: I feel the COLD much more. Wearing a vest already and always an extra cardi at work...

22. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    (yes - I'm permanently cold...)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.