Weight loss... changes you've noticed...

Hee hee I haven't OWNEd a bikini since age ~14!!

Another thing I noticed, not sure if positive or negative: I feel the COLD much more. Wearing a vest already and always an extra cardi at work...

I feel the cold too; I just can't get warm today.

It's freezing here!

One bad thing I have noticed is that my already dry skin and hair has become worse. I'd kind of got them under control, but I'm experiencing flaky skin again and dull, even less controllable hair.

Anyone else have the same probs?

changes I've noticed...

My thighs no longer spread/sprawl across the bottom of the bath when I sit in it ... pre dukan I looked down horrified one day and realised that somewhere inside the swathe of flab were 2 bones...needless to say it was quite depressing...

my thighs will never be super slim but they're in better proportion now :)

oh and my god the confidence boost of being checked out ;) it's been happening quite a bit recently and I'm totally not complaining...

confidence is something of mine that took a huge battering... bullied for my weight through most of my pre-teen/teenage years....I took to hiding under huge clothes (probably making the problem look ten times worse)....but hopefully I can get some confidence back long term :eek:

also buying jeans pre-dukan which I got home and didn't fit and are now loose around the waist :) (just wish they were loose around the thighs :)- next step hopefully then I'm down another dress size)

xx

It's freezing here!

One bad thing I have noticed is that my already dry skin and hair has become worse. I'd kind of got them under control, but I'm experiencing flaky skin again and dull, even less controllable hair.

Anyone else have the same probs?

I don't have these problems... I've combination skin and normal hair (greasy during totm)...but Cathy "bubblemum" makes soaps so she might be able to advise at least re your dry skin xx

alottolose - Your confidence definitely should be well and truly boosted - that's fantastic!

Thanks for the rec re Cathy, but I think it's starting to improve. I have a fab home microdermabrasion scrub which has got rid of the flaky skin and it seems to be starting to balance out again now (fingers crossed!)

Hopefully, it was just a temporary thing whilst my skin adjusted to me eating a whole lot less fat.

It's not actually a kit, alottolose, but it is absolutely brilliant. I've used it for years and it's helped my very dry skin loads.

The name is Epidermx II and it's made by a company called NaturDerm. I've always bought it from either of a couple of good sites I know from the US or Canada, but it may also be available over here now.

It's a cream with lots of tiny bead particles and it's unbelievably more effective than any other scrub-type product I've ever tried.

The directions tell you to use it daily, but I use it once or twice weekly instead and I very gently scrub my face for 60 seconds. Works perfectly for me.

Sorry to have rambled on, I'm a bit of a skincare geek! :eek::D

skincare geekery is much welcomed :)...I may have to pick your brain :) i need something that works on dry skin, uneven tone and combination t-zone patches :D....oh and world peace :D.... x

skincare geekery is much welcomed :)...I may have to pick your brain :) i need something that works on dry skin, uneven tone and combination t-zone patches :D....oh and world peace :D.... x

World peace, eh? You don't ask for much! ;):D

I'm afraid I'm not so good with oily or combination skin, but dry skin and uneven tone sounds just up my street.

Regular exfoliation is an absolute must for both of those last 2 probs. The Epidermx II is particularly fab as it also helps to fade marks. There are 2 other brands I rate for uneven skin tone, but some of the products are a bit pricey: Karin Herzog Essential Mask is amazing, leaves your skin glowing and more even-toned; the Nia24 range is also great for reducing marks and blotchiness - the Intensive Recovery Complex for dry skin and the Skin Strengthening Complex for oily/combo/normal skin.

For world peace, you're going to need everyone on Earth to hold hands, group hug and all sing Kum-bay-ya together (like at Brownies and Guides). Good luck with that! :D

Back