Weight loss isn't as high when exercising?

Pipaluk

I will be skinny!
I don't know if I am the only one who experiences this but since I have started working out frequently my weight loss has slowed down, I had a couple of weeks where I didn't go to the gym because I was busy and both times I lost 4lbs. This week I stuck to my diet 100% and didn't even slip up over the jubilee weekend, I went to the gym for 1hour 4 times and also did Zumba classes twice and only lost 2lbs, I felt really disheartened. I have noticed now I was looking through my weight loss log that my losses were a lot higher before I joined the gym, it's really put me off from working out now. I don't know if I am perhaps doing something wrong, or is it normal for this to happen? xx

Pipaluk said:
I don't know if I am the only one who experiences this but since I have started working out frequently my weight loss has slowed down, I had a couple of weeks where I didn't go to the gym because I was busy and both times I lost 4lbs. This week I stuck to my diet 100% and didn't even slip up over the jubilee weekend, I went to the gym for 1hour 4 times and also did Zumba classes twice and only lost 2lbs, I felt really disheartened. I have noticed now I was looking through my weight loss log that my losses were a lot higher before I joined the gym, it's really put me off from working out now. I don't know if I am perhaps doing something wrong, or is it normal for this to happen? xx

Hun don't feel disheartened. 2lbs is fab! It may just be because uv reached a plateau. Not sure what food regime ur on but maybe up the calories a bit. That's worked for me in the past. Ur muscle mass is increasing with exercise so that could be another explanation as to why ur loss is less. Also, don't forget to measure ur belly, arms, legs etc. even if u haven't had pound loss, u may have had inch loss. Good luck and stay positive. X

I really should start taking measurements, a few people have told me this as well; I start to measure and note it down then I just forget about it. I am following Slimming World plan so I don't really count the calories, I don't feel like I can eat any more either. I have lost my appetite quite a bit since I've started with all the weight loss and eat half the amount I used to, I eat 5 small meals a day, breakfast > light snack > lunch > light snack > dinner. I found doing this worked better for me, as eating 3 large meals a day bloated me. I guess I just need to keep going and carry on. I think I felt worse as well as the lady in front of me lost 6.5lbs this week and was bragging how 'bad food' and alcohol she consumed over the festive period. xx

Back