Weight-Loss Obsession

Hiya Jes, when my weight loss slows down or stops then I know im at my target weight. Initially I thought i would be happy and by weight-loss would slow down at about 10 stone but it appears to just keep going, so i think im just going to keep on going until i stop. Ive now had to tell my family that I wont loose anymore weight just to keep them happy lol.

Exactly hon, your body will know when it wants to stop losing, I'm sure.

Well, why not try maintaining at your target weight for a few weeks and see how you feel. My best pal lost loads of weight, years ago, and got down to her personal target weight but decided that, actually, she felt and looked better half a stone heavier!

Oh...but yes. I am obsessed and admit it! But that's cos I am LOVING losing weight and SW. Better to be obessed like this and have some control mechanism over the food we eat, instead of it controlling us. I think it's in the nature of most of us curvier people, to be food obsessed!

This is such an interesting thread... I think I am quite obsessive about my weight and SW too. If I'm honest, it probably does occupy far too much of my time and thoughts!

You're right Hellie, it is about having control. Is it a problem that we can become obsessive about it? As long as we maintain healthy weights and it is certainly a very healthy way of eating...

To reply to you, Sarah-Jayne, I hardly mention SW to my family or friends. That's probably why I come on here so much, cos it's one place where I can talk about syns, healthy extras, weigh-ins, etc, without bring people to death!

I think 5 foot 6 and 9 and 1/2 stone sounds absolutely fine. I am 5 foot 5 and weigh 9 stone. As long as your BMI is healthy. Do you have a secific clothes size you want to be?

It's good that people are showing they care about you, but yes there sometimes is a bit of the old green-eyed monster when people say not to lose any more weight.

I'm rambling... I hope you know what I mean!!

xx

Your not rambling hun, your talking sense!

I am currently a size 10-12 but would like to be a comfortable 10.

The only reason I probably go on about it to people is because evryone is constantly asking me how i done it! I must sound like im going on about it all the time! lol.

I know i should be happy with the way that I am now as i havnt been this light in nearly 4 years now!

You really should be delighted - that's amazing! I honestly don't think it would be a problem for you to lose a few more pounds to get down to a size 10, if that is want you would like to be.

I think we're probably all a bit obsessed on here, but if it keeps us healthy and slim, then maybe it's a healthy obsession!

I was toying with the idea of losing a couple more pounds, but I'm following the plan as usual and just seem to be maintaining. But to be honest, that suits me fine. That will probably happen to you, too, when your body gets to its 'proper weight'.

xx

I think the problem is we go from one extreme to another over a period of time, We go from having no control over food to having all the control over it. It is a hard one but i think you should keep going as you are untill you feel comfatable at the weight you want to be! We have spent so long being the "big one" that the buzz of losing weight and getting compliments becomes a big part of our lifes! We probably talk about it all the time because it is bloody hard work week in week out to keep on track and nobody else unless following the plan would know that!!
Sarah Jayne you seem like a sensible girl and i think you have done fantastically well so far so just do what you feel is right and dont be let anyone take away that control that it has taken you so long to get!

I think what you have to remember is that your head might not have caught up with your body yet.
By that I mean that although your body is 'normal' sized now, your head may well still think that you're not.

Speaking from my own experience, even though I've lost the weight that I have (and I know I have shed-loads still to go) my brain still feels as big as I used to be!

Well im at target according to one set of scales and 2lb away from target on another set lol so we shall see how it goes. Trying to please evryone is hard work lol. Really appreciate all your responces and views though xx

I lack self-confidence so much that 10st just isnt low enough for me, awful isnt it :(

I can so relate to this Sarah-Jayne. I have lost count of the number of times people have said to me that I don't need to lose weight but I am doing what I feel will make me more confident and in turn make me a happier person! When I say to people that I want to lose another 8lbs I am met with negative responses but I've been around 8stone before and I looked and felt good. For my height this is a healthy weight.

As the others have said you will get to a weight that feels right for you and as long as it is within the healthy BMI range, then go for it!!

Well done on your fab loss to date and you are so very near your target, you must be over the moon xx

Back