Weight Loss Retreats or Camps

ChristieK

Queen of Cats
I was wondering if anyone has gone to any weight loss retreats or boot camps? I went to a holistic detox about 17 months ago that was fantastic (although dear!); the focus wasn't on weight loss but rather on health and wellness. I'm going to a weight loss and fitness camp end of November -- has anyone else gone to one, what did you think?

:D

I'm not sure the results would be that drastic in a week, but it sounds to me like a great challenge and a good way to get a few pounds off but mostly to re-evaluate my fitness and have a week to just take care of me!

I'll let you know how it goes!

Reactions: Taz
Hi Hun, WHere are you going in November?? I was looking for another one.
I went on one in Perth....when i was in high school...maybe 15 or something. It was a week of detox. Eating just fruit or something along those lines (you could pick your type of detox) a high through the forest 3 times a day and then yoga or aerobics or nutrician talks and things like that. Then we would all get in the spa together and the sauna and that sort of thing. There was 6 of us for the week and we stayed in a little wood cabin together. It was lovely actually and i did lose loads of weight. Shame my family doesnt share my holistic views and thinks eating organic food or reducing food miles is a load of crap so it was hard to maintain whilst i lived at home.
Taz x

Perhaps we could have a Minimins retreat??!!!

Love the idea Christie and both the uk and Spain/Portugal ones look fantastic ...... will have to wait until I win the lottery though!!!!!

PS love your cat family!!

Hi, Taryn; I'm going to FitFarms, here's the link: Weight Loss Holiday | Fat Farm | Fitness Holidays UK | Devon | Cotswolds - FitFarms.co.uk . When I did the detox last year, I went to Detox International: Detox International - Detox reteats in Spain and Portugal

Oh cool. Thanks hun.

You will have to let me know how you get on. Im off to America then otherwise i would join you.

Also love your cat family. I had to give my baby away a few months ago when i moved into my new flat :cry:

Taz x

Where are you going in America? I'm American, grew up in Chicago, but have lived in several places and traveled all over the states. This summer was in Tulsa, Oklahoma, nw Arkansas, then Los Angeles and up the coast of California, and then to Chicago to see family.

Thanks for your kind words about my kitties; I love them to bits! We don't have kids, so my cats are like my kids. I lost my beautiful Lucia on 1 January 2008, and it really devastated me, I'm still recovering, but the others (especially Sammy) help! I"m so sorry to hear you had to give up your cat, that must have been unbearable...

Where are you going in America? I'm American, grew up in Chicago, but have lived in several places and traveled all over the states. This summer was in Tulsa, Oklahoma, nw Arkansas, then Los Angeles and up the coast of California, and then to Chicago to see family.

Thanks for your kind words about my kitties; I love them to bits! We don't have kids, so my cats are like my kids. I lost my beautiful Lucia on 1 January 2008, and it really devastated me, I'm still recovering, but the others (especially Sammy) help! I"m so sorry to hear you had to give up your cat, that must have been unbearable...

Its really quite strange how my trip to America came about :D

I had a dream about this girl that i was best friends with in Primary school so i havent seen her for 10 years and i remember her moving to San Diego but thats it really. So i had this dream and thought.....i really need to track her down. So i rang about 8 different houses with her last name and all went to voicemail and when i rang her house she Answered! She was at home waiting to go to her last exam:eek::eek:

So we have been talking for the past 2 years and finally i am going to visit. I am basing myself in Sand Diego but have plans for LA, Las VEGAS, San Francisco, Maybe a little bit of the east coast....depends on the funds.

It was so hard to give up millie. :cry:I cried for ages and i still look and her little picture and feel like such a bi*ch. But i just couldnt afford to rent a place where she would be able to come. :(

http://www.minimins.com/pets-corner/54920-my-cat-millie-needs-new-home-asap.html

Theres a picture of her on this link.

Taz x

Oh, I LOVE San Diego!! It's a super city, really beautiful downtown area with wonderful art deco-ish architecture, right on the ocean. We were there in Aug 2007, just loved it. Tons to do around there. If you get a chance, go east to the Sierras, the mountains are gorgeous and only a day's drive away. You'll love it; make sure and go to the restaurant/cafe downtown, right across from the convention center with the large outdoor patio; they have the best fish tacos!! YUM!!! (and very healthy!)

Millie is such a little love, what a pretty little thing! I'm sure you miss her terribly.

I'd like to open a diet & nutrition shop stocking all well known brands under one roof, whether it would be weight watchers meals, slimfast, slimmingworld, high protein low carb, it would also have a cafe area for all slimmers/maintainers to socially meet, one can always dream..................

sue x

I'd like to open a diet & nutrition shop stocking all well known brands under one roof, whether it would be weight watchers meals, slimfast, slimmingworld, high protein low carb, it would also have a cafe area for all slimmers/maintainers to socially meet, one can always dream..................

sue x
Oooh I wanted to open that cafe! I thought it was just me!

Back