Weight not going down?

Priceys

I know I should'nt have but weighed myself today and have only lost 1lb since my last weigh in on Saturday. It's only week 2 was chuffed to bits on Saturday when found had lost 12lb in my first week, I wasn't expecting to get anywhere near that amount this week but am getting worried what if I go on Saturday and have only lost 1lb this week, Is this normal. I have stuck to the plan but why am I not shrinking this week?

I know the scales match the LL ones as I checked when I got home (still in shock from the 12lb) I have been drinking the water and have even been jogging on the Wi Fit. I was hoping to loose at least 3lb this week, am I expecting to much or is this happened to anyone else?

hi there
don't weigh yourself at home would be my advice!!!

if you are sticking to it you WILL lose weight - its impossible not to.

it may be some weeks are less than others but it will average out over the weeks - i took some convincing too, but ive done 2 stone (less1lb) in 7 weeks, which is something ive never done before, and my losses haven't been particularly big compared to some peoples.

You will be fine, honestly - keep off the scales at home tho
daisy x

My weight loss is a bit up and down too, but like Daisy I've lost 2 stone (less 1lb) in 7 weeks.

Weighing at home was really doing my head in so I've put my scales away except for once a week.

Don't worry, if you're following the plan you will lose weight!

some weeks you will lose a lot, other weeks you will lose very little, it's just the way it goes, just look at my stats for proof;

Weeks 1 to 4: 6lbs a week
Weeks 5 to 17: a mixture of 3lbs, 4lbs, 1lb and a gain!

So just stick to it, any loss is a good loss, and so long nas you are 100%, you will be losing all the time :)

Thankyou, I know I should relax a bit over it, and I know your all right any loss is a good loss, i'm just finding it hard this week and then I stepped on the scales and it got worse, I was hoping it would cheer me up and keep me going!! That will teach me, I have took the batteries out of scales and will see what happens on Saturday

Patience is definitely key! :) 12lbs loss is staggering for Week 1 to be honest! Personally I haven't heard of such a loss before! :D Well done! Just don't get disheartened with 1lbs/2lbs losses in some weeks, it does happen. Water retention, other bodily functions, TOTM, etc can be the factors, plus exercise also makes it vary. :)

Please dont weigh yourself and dont get dispondant everyone is different but if you stick to the plan you will lose weight. Some people consistantly lose 4 or 5 lbs every week. I dont, I have stuck to the plan 100% but still had some weeks when I lost small amounts or nothing at all but overall I lost 3 stone in foundation and I know I will continue to lose.
Stick with it and you too will be a loser :)

Hi Priceys. You're experience sounds very similar to mine. I lost 14lb in the first week. Then at my week 2 drop-in (four days into week two) I had lost just 1lb. I was really gutted. Stuck to it though and 3 days later at end of week 2 wi I had lost 4lbs! Don't worry. The weight WILL come off.

come on Priceys

You wouldn't lose that much any other way!
:copon:

You've lost nearly a stone in under two weeks and you're unhappy???

I'm not unhappy foxtrot, I was disapointed when I weighed myself, I know the weight is coming off, I can see that when I look at myself and my jeans are falling off me, I put myself under pressure to keep up with others in my group, one has lost 20lb in 2 weeks which is fantastic and I was naive to think I could do the same. Dont worry my Husband has gone mad at me today and said the same as you, and he also said he can't beleive I'm stressing when I should be jumping for joy over my own loss and not worrying about others.

Good on your OH!! :p

You can't sustian the huge initial loss and you can't be losing for others but you will lose at your own rate! Glad you're getting over the loss of not a big loss :D:D

I now know I was just having a wobble, I have asked OH to shake me if I start obsessing again!!!

I still have no batteries in the scales so I can't weigh myself, I will have to wait and see what happens on Saturday at my weigh in!!!

Ok now I fell a bit silly for my panic earlier in the week:eek:, I have kept the batteries out of the scales and went for my weigh in this morning and have lost another 4 1/2 lbs:D

I am now thinking lesson learnt, I am going to stop stressing over how fast the weight comes off and hopefully enjoy a nice surprise on a saturday morning.

Back