Weight not shifting - Can someone take a look?

Kazzabon

Hi All

1st week loss 2lb - 2nd week loss 1lb - 3rd week gain 1lb

Here's 2 days diary

Green day:
250ml skimmed milk (HEXA) - days allce
Breakfast 2 weetabix (HEXB) & banana
Lunch homemade veg chili (2 syn - 1 tsp oil)
4 ryvitas (HEXB)
Coffee using 1 tbsp 1/2 cream (1 syn)
Dinner Vegetable egg fried rice using 1 tsp oil (2)
Twix ice cream 9 syns

Red Day
250ml skimmed milk (HEXA)
Breakfast Banana and 0% Yoghurt
Lunch Bacon & tomato sandwich
using 110gm WM bread (2 HEXB)
2 sugar free sweets
snack 6 small crabsticks & 28g cheese (HEXA)
2 glasses wine (12 syns)
lean pork chop
garlic french beans
3 sugar free sweets
Banana before bed (low blood sugar reading)

Any ideas where I'm going wrong - I've been on 100% apart from 1 day where I was rushing about and I had to get a supermarket sandwich but offset that by only having 5 syns..........:confused:

Mm tough one! Not that it would make much difference in the scheme of things but if you're having skimmed milk the allowance is 350ml. Are you having plenty of super-free foods with your meals? Drinking lots of water? Maybe try incorporating some more super-speed foods to give yourself more of a boost? Your gain could just be hormonal as prior to that you were losing the 1-2lbs a week which is as it should be. Hang in there for another week and see if things even out next week as you seem to be doing fine. Good luck x

Increase the amount of fruit and veg you're eating- that often gives your losses a boost.

Mm tough one! Not that it would make much difference in the scheme of things but if you're having skimmed milk the allowance is 350ml. Are you having plenty of super-free foods with your meals? Drinking lots of water? Maybe try incorporating some more super-speed foods to give yourself more of a boost? Your gain could just be hormonal as prior to that you were losing the 1-2lbs a week which is as it should be. Hang in there for another week and see if things even out next week as you seem to be doing fine. Good luck x

I've been 'wombless' for the past 8 years or so - but as I inject insulin 4 times a day and that is a hormone perhaps it's that?? Don't think I'm drinking enough water thou so I'll aim for that and perhaps cut back portions and try not to get too disillusioned.

I've been 'wombless' for the past 8 years or so - but as I inject insulin 4 times a day and that is a hormone perhaps it's that?? Don't think I'm drinking enough water thou so I'll aim for that and perhaps cut back portions and try not to get too disillusioned.

I wouldn't cut back on portions - you're eating way less than I do, and any less would risk you going into starvation mode! There's no way I could manage on a lamb chop and some green beans for dinner, unless it was about 4 lamb chops :D

Just a bit more fruit and veg would be good I think - have a look at your book and fine the speed and superspeed foods (marked with a S/SS) as they can help you along your way.

Have you tried extra easy?

I don't think you're eating enough . cal wise its very low. soz, keyboard knackered! Will try again later.

Have to agree with this, my first thought on seeing your food diary was that you're not eating enough.

You also mention sugar free sweets with no syn value next to them, were you not counting them or did they really have a 0 syn value?

And just to throw in a spanner, some shop bought sandwiches can be 20 syns plus.

Stick with it and don't be afraid to eat. YOu have to trust the plan, that's the only way it will work.

Good luck. xx

Thanks guys - your support is important as I am here in the middle of France doing this on my own and I think I try to over think it!! I've just come back from a 90 minute walk with the dog (I do an hour most days) in a more positive frame of mind. I'm going to spoil myself today with a toad in the hole and tomoz is a new day!!

I'll go and buy more salad stuff - drink more water - factor in some snacks - and go back to EE. Can't eat loads of fruit as it's too high in sugar and I would be injecting 6 times a day!! :sigh:

I agree with the others, you could definately add some more free and superfree food into your days. I really don't think you are eating enough.

Also the sugar free sweets. Sugar free doesnt mean calorie free, so they possibly will have syns, it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories. Not that you consumed a huge amount of them, so I don't think these will be your problem, unless you are eating them every single day and not counting them.

The milk is another one, as someone mentioned 350ml of skimmed milk is a HEa or 250ml of semi skimmed.

Then the shop bought sandwich, these are definately something to avoid if you can, as they don't qualify for any free food allowance at all, even if it has chicken or tuna in it for instance. The only thing you can deduct is 6 syns if it has wholemeal bread and you haven't used your HEb for the day.

I don't think you are going wrong anywhere major to be honest, but little things like the above can add up. So just watch those little bits and maybe try to increase your free/superfree foods and I am sure all will be fine. You lost in the 1st and 2nd week, so you was definatelyy doing something right.

Good luck!!

Have to agree with this, my first thought on seeing your food diary was that you're not eating enough.

You also mention sugar free sweets with no syn value next to them, were you not counting them or did they really have a 0 syn value?

And just to throw in a spanner, some shop bought sandwiches can be 20 syns plus.

Stick with it and don't be afraid to eat. YOu have to trust the plan, that's the only way it will work.

Good luck. xx

I didn't know sugar free sweets had any syns :cry: I suck them cos I crave something sweet after dinner - they are a french brand boiled sweety thingy 5g = 10 cals

Kazzabon said:
Thanks guys - your support is important as I am here in the middle of France doing this on my own and I think I try to over think it!! I've just come back from a 90 minute walk with the dog (I do an hour most days) in a more positive frame of mind. I'm going to spoil myself today with a toad in the hole and tomoz is a new day!!

I'll go and buy more salad stuff - drink more water - factor in some snacks - and go back to EE. Can't eat loads of fruit as it's too high in sugar and I would be injecting 6 times a day!! :sigh:

In that case it's definitely that your not eating enough. Doing more exercise you need more calories, otherwise your body will start to store fat.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about my earlier post - keyboard gave up the ghost and I was having to click the on screen one which isn't very easy.

I know we don't count cals on SW, but I know that I tend to eat around 1600 - 1800 cals a day, and I eat a lot more than you. It's easy to slip into "diet" frame of mind and think that living on fruit and veg sticks will make the weight fall off, but you actually need to eat enough or your body just thinks you are starving it and hangs on to everything.

It is counterintuative to eat more if you're not losing, but you can add lots of free foods to your meals (you have no carbs at dinner, and a yogurt and fruit is a mid morning snack for me - not breakfast!) and still lose. I would hazard a guess you are eating well under 1000 cals a day, which is not enough.

Eat more, lose more!

The sweets at 10kcal for 5g will be 0.5 syn for 5g so weigh a few and see how much they weigh. I guess your 3 sweets is probably around 0.5 syn (so that can't be doing too much damage) :)

Back